5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed.
Published 14 months ago by Rubber Jonnie

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed
Published 3 months ago by Digger

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed., 24 Jan. 2014
This review is from: August DTB110-IEC - Freeview TV Signal Booster - Amplifier for Television Aerial Reception (Electronics)
My original kitchen TV was analogue with an aerial in the attic (facing the weaker of our two available transmitters), we only had channels 1-4. When I replaced the set with a new Freeview one and a new aerial it was pretty poor, it pixellated and froze on some channels while other channels didn't work at all. My options were an outdoor aerial, connecting it up to an old Sky dish or a booster. I went for the cheapest option, and one of the cheapest boosters.
The result? It's perfect. It pixelates for a few seconds upon power-up then everything is fine. The booster is very small, powered by USB and has two standard coax plugs (not like the ones in the photo). The input is female, the output is male. Plug and go, it's that easy and you don't need to plug it into the mains.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy if you don't fancy a big bulky signal booster., 17 Jan. 2014
Works brilliantly. Small & easy to hide away. Powered by a USB connection, so handy if your TV has USB ports, though you can also power it from a USB mains plug adaptor. I managed to pick up a few extra stations that I didn't previously have. A must buy if you want to improve your TV signal & don't fancy a big bulky signal booster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gadget, 1 April 2014
This has got to be the best simple answer in areas where the digital signal is variable due to either poor engineer's response to climatic changes or simply bad weather.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 15 Dec. 2014
I do not know whether my purchase was faulty but it definitely did not work! Having followed the instructions I was disappointed to find that I had fewer freeview channels when using it than without it. The amplifier seemed to produce a strong signal as I tested this with a strength meter but the television was unable to decode it and even after a full search did not pick up as many channels as it does without the amplifier. Amazon were very efficient regarding the return and refund.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ineffective, 30 Jan. 2014
Don't think this device is making any improvement on signal quality, screen is still scrambling every time I it us turned on.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked., 2 Mar. 2014
This actually worked. Our TV set in the kitchen was impossible to watch, it is free view enabled. On a good day lots of stations were missing and it was spitting and pixelating most of the time. This little device gave us all of the free view stations with a lovely clear picture. It takes a minute or two to settle when the set is first switched on so be patient. By my experience I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this a couple of weeks ago because my ..., 17 Sept. 2014
I bought this a couple of weeks ago because my Freeview signal was weak and the picture broke up, particularly in HD, in fact some of the HD channels simply never recorded programmes at all.
After buying and fitting this little device which cost less than a tenner (including P&P) the improvment was immediate and noticable the signal strength and quality are strong and the HD channels record every time.
Ten quid well spent.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth a go for the money. Some improvement seen., 24 Feb. 2015
Middling review - sorry to sit on the fence! Signal strength remains unchanged (still stated as 74%) but what was previously a pretty much unwatchable, regularly blocky, and freezing picture, is now watchable. I read somewhere that picture quality is different to signal strength - this seems to ring true. Although i should qualify - picture stability has improved more than quality. Worth a go for the money!

4.0 out of 5 stars Yes it does work.., 29 Oct. 2014
Tellboy (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This gadget does work according to the signal strength meter on the Panasonic tuning menu in setup.
Some reviewers were not sure but the percentage increase in signal strength and signal quality does register.
I was trying to get a better signal on a bedroom portable TV with a portable aerial and it is now not perfect but much better.
My TV has a USB port so no need to have a power plug.

4.0 out of 5 stars ... yet but seems well made and I get a good and stable picture on my little boat TV - ..., 30 Aug. 2014
Not tested too thoroughly yet but seems well made and I get a good and stable picture on my little boat TV - although in fairness I did with the straight aerial at times. Need to disconnect this lead and check difference in reception before I cast final judgement. It does add another spaghetti of wires trailing out of the TV which, being a little TV is probably more noticeable.