on 13 March 2012
I've tested 3 of the device's 4 functions. I have not tested the "external hard disk" connection.
First, the english language version of the manual reads like a brave attempt at translation from another language. However it would profit from a rewrite by someone whose first language is english to do full justice to the product.
When the device is connected with a USB data storage key, SD, or micro-SD card inserted, all the files appear in /sdcard/usbStorage/sda and can then be managed as if they are on the phone itself. It should be noted that while an SD card should be inserted 'face up' the micro-SD card needs to be inserted 'face down'. This wasn't obvious to me at first.
I have also found out that in the same way that these external devices need to be "safely removed" when connected to a PC it is also necessary to do the same thing on the SGS2 via the "Notifications" pull down menu. Otherwise subsequent connections may not work.
In summary, now that I understand a couple of things which weren't at first clear, this device does everything that I expect it to.
on 29 August 2013
Great idea for a product but it only worked maybe 4 times, after that, the light blinks and doesn't read anything, no usb pen, no sd, no micro sd. Very very very expensive to use only 4 times.
on 13 May 2013
This looked like a great connector as it provided a variety of connection types in one. Unfortunately the SD card slot didn't work with my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 and given this was the prime reason for my purchase I ended up sending it back. The returns process was quick and painless.
on 22 May 2014
I lost the first one so this is the replacement. If your Samsung doesn't have a micro USB port (older ones don't), this is exactly what you need! Will also take USB memory sticks - makes my Samsung much more versatile.
on 2 July 2013
Firstly this product is great and I fully expect to keep it.

My one problem (hence 4 not 5 stars) is that I need to buy a micro USB extension cable. The inserted device sits flush to the case of my Nexus 10. As it is significantly bigger than a micro USB lead I have to take my tablet out of it's cover, not an easy job with my protective cover.

I bought this specifically to speed up the transfer of large files from my external hard drive to the Nexus 10. When fully charged my Nexus 10 will power the external drive but a 10gb file takes about 4 hours to transfer. Using this adaptor and my normal charger it's done in 18 minutes.
on 20 July 2013
Didn't detect that anything was connected to it, USB, Micro or mini card or camera. Onlt green light when connected to Tablet and that was it, not worth the money.
on 29 January 2014
A very useful gadget that has helped link everything from my laptop to my ipad mini. I have been keeping hold of my laptop, it has just been sitting around collecting dust as I couldn’t bear to throw it out. It contained thousands of photos that I certainly didn’t want to lose. The Kit 4-in-1 Connection Kit for iPad 4 and iPad Mini not only enabled me to transfer all my previous photos using a USB stick but also allows me to transfer files straight from my camera using the SD card.

It is unusual to find a product like this that has a lightning connector and has made a my ipad mini even better now that it is compatible with other devices such as my camera. It even comes with a handy manual to get you started. This product is a necessary accompaniment to all mobile devices that do not have a USB port.
on 21 June 2013
I used it quite often with my Samsung Galaxy S II. It worked perfectly for almost 2 years. I do not use it anymore only because I have now different phone. I do recommend it.
on 14 August 2013
Worked for one day, now the sd card reader won't workdand the red light has stopped working. Will be returning this item.
on 19 March 2012
The eKit 4 in 1 connection kit is a must have buy for the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Really easy to use, just plug in and go all your files come up on the screen. just drag and drop your usb/sd cards pics/files on and off the Galaxy Tab which is done very quick and efficiently , I can now watch all my films i have saved on SD cards very easily on my Tab. Overall i have found this to be an excellent device, compact and very practical.