on 28 October 2013
I ordered this dress for 2013/14 New Years Eve Ball with the black net petticoat. I ordered in a size 14 and it fits absolutely perfectly. The Stewart tartan is ideal for the festive season. Its a heavyweight cloth so when I spin round the dress looks and moves fabulously. Its exceptionally well made in the UK. Its finished beautifully. I was so absolutely delighted I ordered the same dress in the burgundy and green tartan. I can't wait to get on the dance floor as it will look amazing. Beautiful, glamorous and traditional. Bring on the New Year!!!! Fantastic service from British retro I would heartily recommend them. Service second to none. Thanks British Retro more please.........
on 27 November 2013
I bought this for my daughter as I have the wiggle version for myself. The quality of these dresses is beautiful, they are so well made they make you feel beautiful when you wear them. True to size - I got my daughter a size 16 and it's a fabulous fit with a bit of room to breathe. My daughter looks really flirty and feminine in this and the swing effect is stunning. I'm really impressed with the 2 dresses I have purchased from British Retro, happy to recommend to everyone!
on 18 February 2015
Amazing dress, one of my favourite wardrobe collection. thick fabric, amazing style and brilliant fit. I recommend it.
review image
on 24 October 2014
Dress arrived the day after it dispatched, was well packaged and carefully wrapped. In my excitement I instantly tried it on and have to say that it is a perfect fit. I ordered a size 10 and don't feel restricted in any way. The colour is beautiful and the quality of the material is fabulous. The stitching is very well done, the dress perfectly cut and constructed (I have had a problem with pattern mismatching at seams with other designers) Only problem I have is that my 25" petticoats seem a tad short for the dress but that can easily be resolved by wearing it lower on my torso than my natural waist (or buying a 27" petticoat). Cannot wait to wear this to my work Christmas party and all of the vintage fairs I have in my diary this year.
on 15 January 2015
Expected quality for the price. Straight and nicely made (which doesn't happen very often in the high street). Pfits perfectly. Personal preference, just a little bit too long but that's just me. Would definitely buy again from this seller. The only thing I would say is that I'm normally a size 8-10 and I had to order a 12 which just, being a girl, let's you down a bit. However, size mentioned by the seller is exactly what I got so it fitted perfectly.
on 15 November 2013
Service superb. Quality of dress is first class. Adore the style of dress. Bought the petticoat for underneath. Can't wait to wear this to our 'touch of tartan' evening! I ordered size 12 & 14 as was unsure of sizing. Plan to return one. Thankyou
on 23 July 2014
Beautiful dress, nicely packaged, quick delivery. Quite small for a size 14 though, so maybe order a size bigger if you want a comfortable fit?
on 28 December 2013
I have purchased this dress for New Years Eve 2013\14 the material and wonderful finish are fantastic, the only slight complaint I have is that the concealed zip has been placed too near the edge of the material and cannot be ziped up or down without help, even before putting the dress on the zip sticks in two places on the material while unzipping and the same when zipping up. But this is only a minor matter to me as I can get the dress on and off by putting on and off fully zipped over my head, so will do this on the night before doing my hair. I live in Spain and the dress was delivered in the time scale stated and once unpacked I hung it up and the minor creases caused in transportation dropped straight out.
I think I have been unlucky over the zip situation, but that has not stopped me from giving the dress 5 stars as the style and finish of the dres is beautiful, I fully recommend the dress and the Company and wonderful having this made in the UK. Thank you, can't wait to wear the dress!
on 10 June 2015
This dress is fabulous and will be perfect for lots of different occasions. The material is just lovely.... quite soft and very comfortable to wear. I already had the full circular underskirt so I am ready to go! I wasn't sure if the belt was to be used if necessary as the headscarf but to my delight there was a belt and a headscarf! I am generally a size 12 but ordered a 14 and I am glad I did as it just gives me a wee bit more breathing space! Can't wait to wear it! Scotland here I come!!!
on 5 November 2015
I was devastated that this didn't fit as it's a really beautiful material and really well made too. I just wish I'd ordered one size bigger and a bit earlier so I had that option as I didn't leave enough time to send it back and get another size.
I would highly recommend this company and their goods just order this dress one size up and you'll be delighted I'm sure.