5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous fifties tartan glamour, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: 1950's 50's 'Royal Stewart' Red Tartan Swing Dress with matching head scarf. Vintage Rockabilly Pin Up Party Wedding. Made in the UK. (Apparel)
I ordered this dress for 2013/14 New Years Eve Ball with the black net petticoat. I ordered in a size 14 and it fits absolutely perfectly. The Stewart tartan is ideal for the festive season. Its a heavyweight cloth so when I spin round the dress looks and moves fabulously. Its exceptionally well made in the UK. Its finished beautifully. I was so absolutely delighted I ordered the same dress in the burgundy and green tartan. I can't wait to get on the dance floor as it will look amazing. Beautiful, glamorous and traditional. Bring on the New Year!!!! Fantastic service from British retro I would heartily recommend them. Service second to none. Thanks British Retro more please.........

5.0 out of 5 stars Royal Stewart Dress, 7 Dec 2013
Mr. M. P. Horsfall "At peace with in my body" (united kingdom Rochdale) - See all my reviews
Just to say a big big thank you true to style beautiful dress I purchased this dress for my wife for Christmas 2013 as she wonted something to match my highland out fit which is the Royal Stewart Kilt which I wore New years eve 2011,thats is when we met and wore for our Wedding September 2013 now we will be celebrateing 2013/14 looking fab beautiful dress and a beautiful lady wearing it thank you Rockabilly great service.

Mr&Mrs M Horsfall
Littleborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab and feminine, 27 Nov 2013
I bought this for my daughter as I have the wiggle version for myself. The quality of these dresses is beautiful, they are so well made they make you feel beautiful when you wear them. True to size - I got my daughter a size 16 and it's a fabulous fit with a bit of room to breathe. My daughter looks really flirty and feminine in this and the swing effect is stunning. I'm really impressed with the 2 dresses I have purchased from British Retro, happy to recommend to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars lez, 28 Dec 2013
I have purchased this dress for New Years Eve 2013\14 the material and wonderful finish are fantastic, the only slight complaint I have is that the concealed zip has been placed too near the edge of the material and cannot be ziped up or down without help, even before putting the dress on the zip sticks in two places on the material while unzipping and the same when zipping up. But this is only a minor matter to me as I can get the dress on and off by putting on and off fully zipped over my head, so will do this on the night before doing my hair. I live in Spain and the dress was delivered in the time scale stated and once unpacked I hung it up and the minor creases caused in transportation dropped straight out.
I think I have been unlucky over the zip situation, but that has not stopped me from giving the dress 5 stars as the style and finish of the dres is beautiful, I fully recommend the dress and the Company and wonderful having this made in the UK. Thank you, can't wait to wear the dress!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fabric, 30 Nov 2013
Very heavy fabric, perfect for the winter. Full skirt with acres of material and arrived very quickly. Can't wait to wear it over Christmas.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb!, 15 Nov 2013
Service superb. Quality of dress is first class. Adore the style of dress. Bought the petticoat for underneath. Can't wait to wear this to our 'touch of tartan' evening! I ordered size 12 & 14 as was unsure of sizing. Plan to return one. Thankyou