4.8 out of 5 stars6,283
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 29 August 2014
Finally watched this after all the fuss from all the addicted little girls I know who adore it. (including my 21yr old daughter!) I have to say it ticks all the boxes - excellent animation, wonderful story (an adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson story - The Snow Queen) and excellent musical score too. I would put this on a par with 'Brave', perhaps even edging ahead slightly. Thoroughly entertaining with the feel-good factor of the Disney happy ending!
0Comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2015
The dvd arrived early. I only bought it because I wanted to see what the fuss was about. I watched it yesterday, and, well, as a result of response to the film I was expecting something stratospheric. What I saw instead was a film with lots of lush scenery but an average storyline. In no way is it as good as the likes of Beauty and the Beast and the Lion King, and the songs were ordinary except for one or two that were a bit better. The characters especially Princess Anna had an annoying like totally American personality and even though I didn't know the story of the snow queen I could see it coming that the man who asked her to marry him was only after a title and power. If my nieces didn't already have the dvd I would give it to them.
on 7 May 2014
For some odd reason, the 3D version of Frozen wasn't released in the US on Blu-ray, so I had to import the UK version, but I'm glad I did. This movie does 3D right, with fantastic depth and beautiful environments. Probably the best use of 3D I've seen in an animated movie. Let It Go in particular is a great scene to show off in 3D. Fantastic visuals. The snowy environments really bring out the depth in practically every scene, more than I've ever seen before.

I probably would have liked to see a few more special features. I know there were deleted songs and a lot of changes during production early on, so I would have liked to see some of those things included, as well as a more in-depth making of feature, although the "Making of Frozen" feature is brilliant. There are rumors that Disney is waiting until the holidays to release the 3D Blu-ray in America, so it's possible new features will arrive with that release. I just couldn't wait to see Frozen in 3D on my TV, and I'm glad I bought this. Fantastic disc, and fantastic movie.

I really liked the movie better the second time around. The first time I found the songs odd. They didn't feel like they fit the style of typical Disney musicals. People were singing dialogue and the songs weren't quite as catchy as usual (aside from Let It Go). However, on a repeat viewing, I realized the genius of the movie. The songs really have a strong connective theme, and are actually written very smartly, with complex lyrics and unconventional rhyming patterns. I think it's the fact that the rhyming is different that through me off the most the first time, but once you're familiar with the songs, you can see the structure of the songs much clearer, and they're really well done. The acting, animation and story are all top notch. I still slightly prefer Tangled over Frozen, but Frozen is very close, and definitely one of my favorite Disney animated films!
on 5 May 2014
This movie is really the top pick for kids (especially young girls) in 2013/2014. My daughters loved it and the ending was not the typical boy saves girl we are used to seeing in Disney movies. Under the leadership of John Lassiter, Disney animation is experiencing a modern rebirth. While my personal favorite was Tangled, there is no denying the draw of this movie.

Now... on the for 3D comments... I was dismayed to find out that we could not buy this in the US other than in 2D. I hope this is just an anomaly and not the sign of some greedy plot by the powers in Hollywood. Still, I have to give Amazon UK a lot of credit for offering this disk for sale to ex-UK buyers, especially in the US. While it is somewhat absurd to have to buy a movie made in the US from the UK just to get the version we want, I am grateful for the availability and reasonable price. I think this costs about the same as the US version with the shipping factored in. Thank you Amazon UK!!!
on 5 April 2014
I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!
1515 comments|151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is a really perfect stocking filler for Christmas, which will be adored by all Frozen fans. If you already have the film, you may be wondering what this DVD offers that will make it worth buying again. It comes in a slip case, with an attractive cover, making it look just a little bit more special if you are buying it as a present. The DVD itself comtains the film, but with the added extra of the words included underneath the songs - along with a bouncing snowflake, which follows the words, so your little one can sing along. Even better, in the extra bonus features there is a 'sing along selection' - which is simply all the songs together. My daughter had a play date yesterday and I think I must have heard, "Let It Go," accompanied by raucous seven year olds, about twenty times. So, this DVD will drive you crazy, but the kids will adore it! The bonus features also contains a little documentary, "Breaking the Ice," about the making of this incredibly successful movie and a little Mickey Mouse short feature, "Get a Horse." It is impossible to say why some films take off, but for my little girl - and many others - this has become a mini obsession. It certainly contains good female characters and some really catchy songs and this edition will be greatly enjoyed by Frozen fans everywhere.
55 comments|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2014
Glad I purchased this DVD. The packaging was excellent and delivery was super speedy. Our special little person has watched the movie over and over again and now sings along with the characters. Happy days - happy little person - happy parents...! Thank you seller. I would recommend your shop to all frazzled parents.
on 15 January 2014
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!
1313 comments|209 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 6 July 2015
* About the movie:
I've been wanting to see this movie ever since it came out in cinemas but somehow only got round to seeing it now. Really enjoyed it! It's full of catchy, memorable songs, sprinkled with a light sense of humour, the animation and artwork is brilliant, the voice acting is top class and the main characters are likeable. The story is an unusual and creative one with an unforeseeable plot twist thrown in there for good measure which is always a plus in my books. As far as stories go, it's not my favourite Disney / Pixar story of all time (that honour is reserved for Toy Story and Monster's Inc), but still is very good, and as a whole package, it's a highly enjoyable movie for anyone who appreciates musicals, animations and fairytale style stories. For the movie I'd give it a 5/5

* About the user-friendliness of the blu-ray:
Very user-friendly with an easy-to-use menu, making it easy to navigate through the chapters of the story and it was straightforward to find the subtitles, easy to get back to the main menu etc.

* About the extra features on the blu-ray:
Honestly I was a little disappointed with the extra features provided. I love seeing behind the scenes / "making of" stuff and interviews with the actors, composers, artists etc and I strongly felt this was missing from the bonus material. All that's provided is a short documentary about Walt Disney's intentions to make a movie on the Snow Queen (this is probably the most interesting extra feature in my opinion), few deleted scenes (all in sketchy 2D storyboard illustration form), a fun musical number where the crew sings how everyone wants to know how Frozen was made, but the song ends with "we don't know how", some music videos of "Let it Go" in different languages (only in Italian, Spanish and Malay), a teaser and a Mickey Mouse animation. All in all I would have liked to see more interesting content in the extra features. For the extra features I'd give it a score of 2/5 - and that's probably generous. But, I didn't let this alter my overall rating since the main reason I bought this blu-ray was for the movie itself - more features would have just been a fun bonus.
on 18 April 2014
This review is for the 3D version of the movie Frozen. Since Disney felt they needed to hold off on the 3D release of Frozen in the US (I am bot sure if it was to try to get a few more $$ from the US consumers that already purchased the blu-ray), I decided to take a chance with the Region Free 3D version that was released in the UK. It works great with our LG 3D blu-ray player! I haven't tried any of the bonus features though...just the 3D disc of the feature.

We did not see the 3D version in the theaters when it was out so this was our first chance to watch in 3D. I must admit that I was expecting a lot more from some of the scenes (3D wise). With all of the ice shooting and snow flying scenes, I thought it would be much more dramatic with the ice coming out of the screen but there were only a few times that I jumped (involuntarily). Compared to Despicable Me 2 in 3D, this movie was disappointing! I'm not sure if this is the reasoning for Disney holding off the 3D release in the US or if they will try to work a little more 3D excitement into it for the US release? They had plenty of opportunity with the scenes in the movie!

Overall, we really like the movie Frozen. We appreciate the message that isn't the typical "Prince Charming saves the day" and it's not just a girl's movie. My son loves this movie too...especially Olaf! The soundtrack is great (easy for adults to listen to). Had the 3D version delivered what I was expecting, this would have definitely been a 5 star review!