3,538 Reviews
 (3,094)

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen melts your heart...
Published 3 months ago by Mrs J M Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Sadly Didn't Hook Me :(
I bought this as I was the only person I knew that had not seen it, and at £7, how could I not go for it?!

Published 3 days ago by Miss LAT

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen melts your heart..., 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Finally watched this after all the fuss from all the addicted little girls I know who adore it. (including my 21yr old daughter!) I have to say it ticks all the boxes - excellent animation, wonderful story (an adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson story - The Snow Queen) and excellent musical score too. I would put this on a par with 'Brave', perhaps even edging ahead slightly. Thoroughly entertaining with the feel-good factor of the Disney happy ending!

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius, 12 Dec 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
Don't get me wrong, I am not rating the movie five stars. I can take it or leave it, apart from that one song. That song that seems to have entered into everyone's psyche, and I'm not talking about "Do You Want to Build a Snowman" because that song is one of the most incredibly upsetting songs I have ever encountered. No, I am talking about "Let it Go". I could watch that sequence and listen to that song a thousand times and not be bored with it. I have watched parodies, cover versions and even sang it myself and it still hasn't lost its appeal. So yeah, the rest of the movie is a blur of Disney irrelevance and gooey nonsense aimed to market manufactured goods to children but that song? That is genius.

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed: This 3D release works on U.S. Blu-ray players (Region A/1), 5 April 2014
ReubenR (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disney Film Since The Lion King, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it go-turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they will say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway, 9 Dec 2013
Darth Maciek "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
This is an impressively BEAUTIFUL film, with very endearing characters, solid scenario, fun moments for little ones, good dialogs, impressive images, nice music and one simply unbelievably POWERFUL song, the "Let it go!".

This film was inspired by Hans Christian Andrsen magnificent story the "Snow Queen", published the first time in 1845, but it is only a distant inspiration - the story in the film has very little in common with this classic bittersweet treat. In fact it is a completely different tale, about two princesses, Elsa, the wise but sad elder sister and Anna, the impulsive, merry but a little bit foolish (at least initially) younger one. The sisters love one another dearly, but early in their childhood dire circumstances (and a REALLY stupid advice) erected a wall between them - and in fact also a wall between Elsa and all the rest of the world... And the day this wall unavoidably collapses, well, Elsa will "let it go" - and all hell will break loose! I will say here nothing more about the story.

My 12 year old daughter simply adored this film. My 4 year old daughter liked it too, although she didn't exactly understand the story, but she was quite happy with the snowman Olaf (lots of giggling), the OTHER snowman who was not Olaf (lots of pretending to be afraid), the reindeer Sven ("daddy can I have a reindeer?"), the carrots (an important element of the film), the songs and the beautiful images.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and this INCREDIBLE "Let it go!" song, which is I believe the best musical cinema moment I had since "The circle of life" in "Lion King". And also I was absolutely impressed with the character of Elsa - we can clearly see there a John Lasseter's touch in the scenario, a little bit similar to the "corrected image of typical Disney princess" he already offered us in "Brave" and "Tangled".

This film teaches us many things, including two crucially important warnings for parents:

- if you have a child with issues, do not take advice from a troll! Or at least get also a second opinion!
- if you have one child with issues AND therefore also a vulnerable sibling, BOTH of you should not take stupid risks, because those children need at least one of you to live and be there for them!

The ending is may be just a little bit weaker than one could expect, but after all it is a film for kids and it was appropriate for the young public. Still, this is a minor point and honestly, if "Frozen" doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated Film and "Let it go!" doesn't take the Oscar for best original song, it will mean there is no justice in this world... UPDATE IN MARCH 2014: well, it seems that there is still some justice left in this world...

This is a great film, to watch absolutely on the big screen, as long as it still plays in theatres - and later, I advise to buy this one on Blu-ray, because here the quality of picture is REALLY important and every pixel counts. ENJOY!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, But Sadly Didn't Hook Me :(, 17 Dec 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)

I'm not sure if it was due to all the hype, or everyone I knew building it up (as well as building snowmen, it seems), but I was not as enthralled with this as I hoped I would be. I can definitely see how it has done so well, and there were some laughs (Olaf's awkward 'bones' joke had me giggling away). I just don't feel it is as good as some of Disney's other classics. What I enjoyed (SPOILER ALERT) was that it showed that the princesses did not have to rely on the princes coming to save them, they were strong in their own right and ultimately saved each other.

Note to Disney: I'd have liked to have seen more of Sven, he was not as involved as he could have been, I loved his scenes. Yes, as a non-talking reindeer, his participation is likely to be minimal, but work with it! However, nice work in choosing Idina Menzel, she's a bit of a powerhouse!

Now, if only I could stop humming that snowman song... (Yes I know it DOESN'T have to be a snowman!!!)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fab!!!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Me and my daughter love this film!!! It's full of singing and dancing Disney have done a great job!!! We love it!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring, boring, boring., 20 Aug 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Quite possibly one of the worst Disney films made and i really wish that i hadn't wasted money buying it. I love Disney films but this just didn't grab my attention and i found it incredibly boring and the songs incredibly annoying. Unfortunately for my husband and i our 3 year old daughter and 5 year old son think it's great, so i suppose for kids who are not familiar with original Disney films will find it entertaining but for anyone who wants the classic Disney type of film, i would not recommend wasting your time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, play it a few times then hide it!!!, 12 Aug 2014
My children adore this movie. It mysteriously went missing a couple of weeks ago ..... no-one can find it (well not the children anyway) Great little movie that the kids adore and the adults begin to hate after the 300 time of playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
My favourite film ever and so glad that I own it, the picture and sound is amazing too definitely worth buying in HD. Great characters, story and songs - the full movie package.

Frozen [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [Region Free]