Format: Amazon Video|Change
Price:£18.99

on 20 September 2011
I'll admit I am a fan of Tom Jane, and just wanted to see him get his kit off! However, what I found is a talented cast with an interesting and funny storyline which unfolds into a brilliant show. I think Tom Jane is pretty good to watch in films, he does the dark, brooding type very well, and in this he is Ray Drecker, the high school jock divorced from the high school cheerleader (Anne Heche) with a burnt-out house which is the least of his problems. He decides to team up with the dappy yet lovable Tanya (Jane Adams) to promote his "Happiness Consultant" business, using his biggest asset!

I must admit, I thought this was a brilliant idea for a show and I really did enjoy the first half of the season, particular Jane Adams as Tanya, his loyal and caring pimp! She is superb! However, I am not a fan of the conniving and back-stabbing Lenore (Rebecca Creskoff), granted she is superbly played however, I didn't like the direction of the plot and was disappointed with the finale.

Overall, an enjoyable first season with Tom Jane in the lead, and Jane Adams supporting, I think most will enjoy the refreshing comedy and naughty bits!
on 20 May 2015
I got this as Jane Adams is in it. I liked it enough to watch the first five episodes in one sitting and order seasons 2 and 3 after watching three episodes. The role reversal aspect makes really brings the laughs. I liked how it is mostly the women who swore. However, a flaw with the show is that Jane Adams is better than Thomas Jane and dominated every scene she is in; and when she is not in then you want things to hurry along until she is. Thus, the show is really about her character as Jane's is not that interesting nor does he actually do much.
on 8 June 2011
An original, quirky US comedy-drama about a sports coach down on his luck who launches into a 'different' career. Dry, clever and increasingly watchable - and with the episodes being under 30 minutes each, nice and easy to pick up when you have a spare half an hour. Why hasn't this been on terrestial TV? It should be!
on 10 June 2011
Another reviewer has summarised the plot well so you'll have an idea of what you're in for. The concept is original and interesting. Whilst the plot stretches the bounds of credibility I found it forgivable because of the quality of the acting. The lead characters are so well portrayed that empathising with them comes naturally. Their humanity sustains an interest in seeing what happens next. The humour tends to the embarrasing and cringeworthy sort which is not my preferred type but it's very watchable nonetheless.
on 23 January 2016
Entertaining but all a bit weak. I'm afraid the prime character is a drip and whilst the concept of the series is a bit of fun it fails to live up to its potential. I don't think I'll be tempted to spent money on season 2
on 7 November 2011
Loved the first episode , very funny in a bleak dark way but then gradually as the episodes continued I became less impressed. Ray didnt really develop and I always find Anne Heche rather difficult to swallow. Not a patch on Californication.
on 8 July 2012
Quite an amusing series and perhaps even partially possible. Some sex scenes were included but not as raunchy as college.rules.com. However the series has numerous twists and turns to make it into a comedy as well as offering some titilating scenes. I enjoyed the firs series and will be buying the second series.
Ron G.
on 4 June 2011
Hung is very funny, I bought it without being too sure of what I "laid"myself in for and I was rewarded, it's outrageously droll, very critical o the American educational system and women's "emancipation".
on 27 May 2016
Not a bad series, ticked along okay and the characters were interesting, waited eagerly for season 2, that was a disappointment - season 2 was a dead loss, the writers had lost the plot.
on 18 September 2013
This must be one of the worst series I have seen, they change scenes so suddenly it's hard to follow what is happening.

It plods along at a snails pace, I've seen paint dry faster!

Very disappointing!