Format: DVD|Change

on 3 February 2014
If you're a Red then you HAVE to buy this.
It's part of your history, your Footballing heritage.
Doesn't matter if you were too young or not born in '92 - if you support Manchester United then you have to know about it's history to understand it's present.
Really the "Class Of '92" had just 3 fantastic players in it. Butt & the Neville's were journeymen really. They worked hard, all loved United, but were unbelievably lucky to find themselves in a few exceptional Teams under one of the greatest Managers of all time.
It's Scholes Giggs & Beckham that are the real talents in this sextuplet.
Scholes - for me - is the greatest Central Midfielder of my generation. Truly gifted. He looked like something out of the 1930's, wasn't in the slightest bit interested in fame or motivated by money (he NEVER had a Business Manager and would sit down with Sir Alex in his office and simply agree what he was to be paid, and leave). He loved to go home after a game and be with his Family. A genuine old school Professional Footballer. And a sublime Talent that was loved right across Europe. He's Xavi's favourite player of all time for example. Zidane adored him.
Giggsy & Beckham we know more about of course - Beckham way too much frankly - but the story of how these young boys bonded and how they worked their way into the first team is fascinating and you can genuinely see that this bonding when they were such young lads - no matter the ensuing fame & money - is still in evidence now and no doubt always will be.
They grew up together, won much more than they lost together, and are ALL Manchester United players to the root of their souls.

A fantastic Film-Documentary for anyone, but especially my fellow Reds.
on 10 December 2013
Loved every second of it, especially when the lads make fun of eachother and reminisce about the past. I would definitely recommend this DVD to the neutral fan as well as the Red Army. GGMU
on 9 January 2014
The book "The Class of 92" was about the Manchester United Youth team of that year. The DVD is more about the reminiscences of the key players from the youth team of 1992 who were part of the Man United team which won the treble in 1999. Having read the book first helped me enjoy the DVD more.

I am a Man City supporter, but could not help liking the DVD. All the players (Giggs, Beckham, Scholes, Butt and the Neville brothers) came over as down-to-earth, amusing and modest. What they had to day was interesting.

The only negative points for me were the contribution of Eric Cantona and Zinedine Zidane. Cantona's English is so poor, it would have been better to have him speak French and translate, but maybe he is no clearer in French. Zidane had nothing new or interesting to say. I would have preferred to hear more from Eric Harrison on their development or the perspective of a respected opponent, eg Tony Adams.

Very interesting; the players come over as responsible committed and intelligent men. So much so that after watching it, I don't know how I can continue hating Gary Neville, who epitomised everything "Red" in his playing days.
on 26 November 2013
For every football fan not just a Manchester United fan.... they made the premiership what it is today, the best in the world. It was not about the money but about the love of football
on 23 June 2015
Thoroughly enjoyed watching this documentary in high definition blu ray. Great to see these guys interacting and talking about each other behind the scenes. I wonder if we'll ever see a group of players break through from the youth system like this again. I love how they brought in some of the other players who never made it from that group, as well. I would've loved to see a lot more football footage especially from their days in the youth team but the documentary is still good by itself. I've watched it several times and it's a must have for any Man Utd fan.
on 2 December 2013
I love sport but I wouldn't say I'm a big football fan! This film was truly captivating though. Interesting and heartwarming, it will keep you glued to your seat! I can't recommend enough!
on 23 November 2015
Great film Heard a lot about it and finally saw it and it did not dissapoint and I am not even a Man Utd fan But there is no doubting their achievements and also the soundtrack has a great pedigree Brings back good and bad memories of that era All in all worth renting as it is as much a social documentary as much as a sports one
on 13 March 2015
A must for any United fan. The glory days of the 90's are brought back through the class of 92 reminiscing with each other and the insight into these United heroes is brilliant. Tony Blair gets in on the act, which seems odd considering he's supposedly a Newcastle fan! The banter between the guys and their stories make this a great football documentary. Also the extra is worth a watch too.
VINE VOICEon 16 October 2014
Bought this for my husband who is a huge Manchester United fan, I never really expected to enjoy it (I couldn't care less about football, or Man Utd - sorry!) but it was surprisingly interesting. I'd intended to get on with other things while he watched this but it really drew me in. These are such an interesting group of lads, all of whom really support each other and they obviously have a tight bond while all having very distinct personalities.
on 2 December 2013
This is the perfect Christmas present for anyone who likes sport... or interested in Manchester's development in the 90s!

Particularly perfect if that person is a Man U fan :)

We're used to American sporting documentaries about NFL etc being amazing, but over in the UK we don't often get the same level of film-making applied to our national game. This doc changes that, a truly amazing piece of film-making. We're used to seeing Becks at his polished best, but it's Scholes and Giggs who shine the most, and come across as very cool, funny and charismatic, when we've been led to believe the opposite over the years!

Also some amazing interviews from Danny Boyle, Tony Blair etc to place the team's development in the social context of 90s Britain.

a MUST-SEE!