4,427 Reviews
 (3,869)

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen Sing-Along Edition DVD
Published 2 months ago by S Riaz

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
Nice songs but absolutely no story or character development. Massively overrated in my opinion.
Published 6 months ago by Michael Dean Williams

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen Sing-Along Edition DVD, 26 Nov. 2014
S Riaz "S Riaz" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 10 REVIEWER)
This is a really perfect stocking filler for Christmas, which will be adored by all Frozen fans. If you already have the film, you may be wondering what this DVD offers that will make it worth buying again. It comes in a slip case, with an attractive cover, making it look just a little bit more special if you are buying it as a present. The DVD itself comtains the film, but with the added extra of the words included underneath the songs - along with a bouncing snowflake, which follows the words, so your little one can sing along. Even better, in the extra bonus features there is a 'sing along selection' - which is simply all the songs together. My daughter had a play date yesterday and I think I must have heard, "Let It Go," accompanied by raucous seven year olds, about twenty times. So, this DVD will drive you crazy, but the kids will adore it! The bonus features also contains a little documentary, "Breaking the Ice," about the making of this incredibly successful movie and a little Mickey Mouse short feature, "Get a Horse." It is impossible to say why some films take off, but for my little girl - and many others - this has become a mini obsession. It certainly contains good female characters and some really catchy songs and this edition will be greatly enjoyed by Frozen fans everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen melts your heart..., 29 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Finally watched this after all the fuss from all the addicted little girls I know who adore it. (including my 21yr old daughter!) I have to say it ticks all the boxes - excellent animation, wonderful story (an adaptation of the Hans Christian Anderson story - The Snow Queen) and excellent musical score too. I would put this on a par with 'Brave', perhaps even edging ahead slightly. Thoroughly entertaining with the feel-good factor of the Disney happy ending!

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed: This 3D release works on U.S. Blu-ray players (Region A/1), 5 April 2014
ReubenR (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fab!!!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Me and my daughter love this film!!! It's full of singing and dancing Disney have done a great job!!! We love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disney Film Since The Lion King, 15 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST DISNEY FILM EVER!, 26 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
I had never seen this film before but my mum bought me a copy of the film because I always said that I would like to watch it.

When we got home mum said that she was going to put it on and I was getting very nervous because I hoped that it wouldn't be as good as my Muppet films. But when it finished I absolutely enjoyed it. Ever since that day in November I have never stopped watching it.

I think that the people who put this film together are very clever because this film is absolutely fantastic.

Also the music and the score have been done very well indeed.

This film is about one sister Anna who sets out to find her sister Elsa who has turned the kingdom of Arendelle from summer to winter with her magical powers. She tries to persuade her sister to thaw the winter and to bring summer back. On her way to find her sister Anna meets mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven who help Anna find her way towards North Mountain. Anna, Kristoff and Sven then meet a friendly snowman named Olaf who likes warm hugs. But this brought back memories for Anna because it was the snowman that she and her sister Elsa built as kids and she also realizes that Elsa had created him.

My favourite song in the whole movie is "First Time In Forever" because I think that the song really catches Anna's emotions and feelings. It also shows Anna getting really excited about the gates opening and seeing everyone in the kingdom of Arendelle.

Overall I think that this film is the best disney film ever made. Also if you have not seen this film, watch it and you will enjoy forever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it go-turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they will say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway, 9 Dec. 2013
Darth Maciek "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
This is an impressively BEAUTIFUL film, with very endearing characters, solid scenario, fun moments for little ones, good dialogs, impressive images, nice music and one simply unbelievably POWERFUL song, the "Let it go!".

This film was inspired by Hans Christian Andrsen magnificent story the "Snow Queen", published the first time in 1845, but it is only a distant inspiration - the story in the film has very little in common with this classic bittersweet treat. In fact it is a completely different tale, about two princesses, Elsa, the wise but sad elder sister and Anna, the impulsive, merry but a little bit foolish (at least initially) younger one. The sisters love one another dearly, but early in their childhood dire circumstances (and a REALLY stupid advice) erected a wall between them - and in fact also a wall between Elsa and all the rest of the world... And the day this wall unavoidably collapses, well, Elsa will "let it go" - and all hell will break loose! I will say here nothing more about the story.

My 12 year old daughter simply adored this film. My 4 year old daughter liked it too, although she didn't exactly understand the story, but she was quite happy with the snowman Olaf (lots of giggling), the OTHER snowman who was not Olaf (lots of pretending to be afraid), the reindeer Sven ("daddy can I have a reindeer?"), the carrots (an important element of the film), the songs and the beautiful images.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and this INCREDIBLE "Let it go!" song, which is I believe the best musical cinema moment I had since "The circle of life" in "Lion King". And also I was absolutely impressed with the character of Elsa - we can clearly see there a John Lasseter's touch in the scenario, a little bit similar to the "corrected image of typical Disney princess" he already offered us in "Brave" and "Tangled".

This film teaches us many things, including two crucially important warnings for parents:

- if you have a child with issues, do not take advice from a troll! Or at least get also a second opinion!
- if you have one child with issues AND therefore also a vulnerable sibling, BOTH of you should not take stupid risks, because those children need at least one of you to live and be there for them!

The ending is may be just a little bit weaker than one could expect, but after all it is a film for kids and it was appropriate for the young public. Still, this is a minor point and honestly, if "Frozen" doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated Film and "Let it go!" doesn't take the Oscar for best original song, it will mean there is no justice in this world... UPDATE IN MARCH 2014: well, it seems that there is still some justice left in this world...

This is a great film, to watch absolutely on the big screen, as long as it still plays in theatres - and later, I advise to buy this one on Blu-ray, because here the quality of picture is REALLY important and every pixel counts. ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb sing-along edition, 21 Dec. 2014
Mister G (Bristol) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Length:: 0:57 Mins

The sleeve has a 3D moving Olaf - the only way to show that is in a video, which is why I have made a video review.

------------

CONTENTS

The DVD contains:

- Frozen (Original Theatrical Version).

- Frozen (Sing-Along Edition).

- Follow the lyrics with a bouncing Frozen snowflake.

- Sing-Along Selection.

- Breaking The Ice - join the filmmakers and crew of Frozen as we go behind the scenes and explore how this modern Disney Classic was made.

- Original Theatrical Short "Get a Horse".

------------

Our children absolutely love this film. The sing-along edition just increases the fun and adds another option.

A great little feature is that you can choose to play just the songs without playing the entire movie.

The story is great; the animations superb. The main song - `Let it Go' - sung by the character Elsa is superbly catchy. I had heard it many times before watching the film. The film takes it to another level - it is like a high class music video (albeit a cartoon), as Elsa gets creative in a way that only a cartoon could allow (I am not saying how in order not to give it away - it is best just to watch the film). And now your children can choose to have the lyrics on screen, and to sing along to it to a bouncing snowflake (which lands on each syllable as it is sung, as you will be familiar with from karaoke).

The story is well thought out, and there are many funny moments for adults (not least Olaf, the snowman).

Please be aware that the sing-along edition is appearing in cinemas around the country - you can't capture that sort of atmosphere in your house, i.e. a few hundred people singing in unison, and many attending in Olaf, Anna & Elsa outfits (ahem! The children - not us). We are taking our children to see it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good film for little girls!, 14 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
I hate this movie when we saw it at the cinema, but my daughter is all about everything Frozen so I finally gave in and bought it for Christmas. I thought I would regret this purchase as I fully expected my daughter would play it non-stop! Surprisingly she's very reasonable about it, and to be honest she's watched it maybe 5 times since Christmas, even when given the choice she has at times elected to watch something else. In fact the movie is kind of growing on me, although I still find the lack of any adult jokes or references kind of boring. Sven and Olaf are funny, and I warmed to it when I found out Anna is played by the blonde girl from Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Couples Retreat, she's quite funny in those movies. I do have a theory that my daughter loves the idea of Frozen more than the actual film, I think she's more into the merchandise judging by how many times the film HASN'T been played in my house. Very clever marketing by Disney!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, play it a few times then hide it!!!, 12 Aug. 2014
My children adore this movie. It mysteriously went missing a couple of weeks ago ..... no-one can find it (well not the children anyway) Great little movie that the kids adore and the adults begin to hate after the 300 time of playing.

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD] by Jennifer Lee (DVD - 2014)