I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

Published 19 days ago by ReubenR

3.0 out of 5 stars frozen ideas
not disneys best. think they are running out of ideas with this one. Too many daft, unrealistic creatures, too many songs.
Published 41 minutes ago by jeyinstoke

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed: This 3D release works on U.S. Blu-ray players (Region A/1), 5 April 2014
ReubenR (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars my children loved this, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
this is probably one of the few films that is truly good for all family members to enjoy this holidays

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disney Film Since The Lion King, 15 Jan 2014
J. Collins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth watching, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
Loved it, brilliant film for Adults and children alike. well worth buying
My six year old granddaughter loves watching over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it go-turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they will say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway, 9 Dec 2013
Maciej "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
This is an impressively BEAUTIFUL film, with very endearing characters, solid scenario, fun moments for little ones, good dialogs, impressive images, nice music and one simply unbelievably POWERFUL song, the "Let it go!".

This film was inspired by Hans Christian Andrsen magnificent story the "Snow Queen", published the first time in 1845, but it is only a distant inspiration - the story in the film has very little in common with this classic bittersweet treat. In fact it is a completely different tale, about two princesses, Elsa, the wise but sad elder sister and Anna, the impulsive, merry but a little bit foolish (at least initially) younger one. The sisters love one another dearly, but early in their childhood dire circumstances (and a REALLY stupid advice) erected a wall between them - and in fact also a wall between Elsa and all the rest of the world... And the day this wall unavoidably collapses, well, Elsa will "let it go" - and all hell will break loose! I will say here nothing more about the story.

My 12 year old daughter simply adored this film. My 4 year old daughter liked it too, although she didn't exactly understand the story, but she was quite happy with the snowman Olaf (lots of giggling), the OTHER snowman who was not Olaf (lots of pretending to be afraid), the reindeer Sven ("daddy can I have a reindeer?"), the carrots (an important element of the film), the songs and the beautiful images.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and this INCREDIBLE "Let it go!" song, which is I believe the best musical cinema moment I had since "The circle of life" in "Lion King". And also I was absolutely impressed with the character of Elsa - we can clearly see there a John Lasseter's touch in the scenario, a little bit similar to the "corrected image of typical Disney princess" he already offered us in "Brave" and "Tangled".

This film teaches us many things, including two crucially important warnings for parents:

- if you have a child with issues, do not take advice from a troll! Or at least get also a second opinion!
- if you have one child with issues AND therefore also a vulnerable sibling, BOTH of you should not take stupid risks, because those children need at least one of you to live and be there for them!

The ending is may be just a little bit weaker than one could expect, but after all it is a film for kids and it was appropriate for the young public. Still, this is a minor point and honestly, if "Frozen" doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated Film and "Let it go!" doesn't take the Oscar for best original song, it will mean there is no justice in this world... UPDATE IN MARCH 2014: well, it seems that there is still some justice left in this world...

This is a great film, to watch absolutely on the big screen, as long as it still plays in theatres - and later, I advise to buy this one on Blu-ray, because here the quality of picture is REALLY important and every pixel counts. ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Frozen in 3D, 23 April 2014
Especially love it since Frozen in 3D isn't being released on DVD in the U.S. yet. Region free, problem solved.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast shipping, 23 April 2014
I ordered this from Canada as the 3D version is not being released in North America. The shipping cost from the UK to Canada was VERY reasonable and VERY prompt. I won't hesitate to order overseas again. Oh, and the film is great!

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding blu-ray quality from a fun family film that hasn't managed to "turn" me yet..., 22 April 2014
I don't think anyone has said "what Frozen needs is more reviews about the plot/characters".

So I'll just concentrate on the product to say that the Blu-ray transfer is absolutely astounding - my 32" TV is pretty bargain basement budget, costing under 300 with a blu-ray player 4 years ago, but Frozen brought a new vibrancy and quality to the screen I didn't even know it was capable of.

I only bought the film as part of a cashback deal that made it nearly free so hadn't actually researched it; I was worried early on that it was starting out a little "princessy" for my young son, but there some good fun songs and a scary monster to keep him shrieking along! It was only after I'd watched it that I read that, according to some Christian groups, this movie was actually a satanic plot by liberals and Disney to turn your child gay.

Well, it's been a month now and my son hasn't requested to watch any series of Glee yet, and although I myself have an actual friend called Dorothy, my friendship with her pre-dates this movie by many years. So unless Disney managed to team up with Satan so effectively that they've managed to cause some rupture in the space-time continuum, this plot has failed on my family at least.

I see a few reviewers here and elsewhere complaining about the thin plot or weak characters. Look, if you want a dialogue-heavy sleep inducing tedious retrospective exploring the narrative of modern jazz in the context of women's rights in Bavaria, flip open a copy of Guardian Film or seek out whatever Mark Kermode is recommending this week. If you want a fun family film with some great singalong songs, buy this film.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent would recommend, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
This has kept my little girl entertain, she absolutely loves this film. What I like about amazon is if you pre-order they aw always give you the better value for money as they price match

5.0 out of 5 stars Great movie we all Love it!, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Best Disney movie in recent years! My kids love and have watched over 10 times and the songs are great

ARRAY(0xa9b3efc0)

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD] by Chris Buck (DVD - 2014)
10.00