2,879 Reviews
 (2,504)

I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

Published 6 months ago by ReubenR

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy TANGLED Instead
A slight let down, considering all the hype. Some of the songs are good, some are not so good, and to be honest the whole film is like that; just OK with very brief moments of something greater. If you are looking for something to entertain your 15 and under girls then it's perfect, but if you want a good modern Disney film buy Tangled instead, it was much better!
Published 1 day ago by w barns

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed: This 3D release works on U.S. Blu-ray players (Region A/1), 5 April 2014
ReubenR (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disney Film Since The Lion King, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it go-turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they will say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway, 9 Dec 2013
Darth Maciek "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
This is an impressively BEAUTIFUL film, with very endearing characters, solid scenario, fun moments for little ones, good dialogs, impressive images, nice music and one simply unbelievably POWERFUL song, the "Let it go!".

This film was inspired by Hans Christian Andrsen magnificent story the "Snow Queen", published the first time in 1845, but it is only a distant inspiration - the story in the film has very little in common with this classic bittersweet treat. In fact it is a completely different tale, about two princesses, Elsa, the wise but sad elder sister and Anna, the impulsive, merry but a little bit foolish (at least initially) younger one. The sisters love one another dearly, but early in their childhood dire circumstances (and a REALLY stupid advice) erected a wall between them - and in fact also a wall between Elsa and all the rest of the world... And the day this wall unavoidably collapses, well, Elsa will "let it go" - and all hell will break loose! I will say here nothing more about the story.

My 12 year old daughter simply adored this film. My 4 year old daughter liked it too, although she didn't exactly understand the story, but she was quite happy with the snowman Olaf (lots of giggling), the OTHER snowman who was not Olaf (lots of pretending to be afraid), the reindeer Sven ("daddy can I have a reindeer?"), the carrots (an important element of the film), the songs and the beautiful images.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and this INCREDIBLE "Let it go!" song, which is I believe the best musical cinema moment I had since "The circle of life" in "Lion King". And also I was absolutely impressed with the character of Elsa - we can clearly see there a John Lasseter's touch in the scenario, a little bit similar to the "corrected image of typical Disney princess" he already offered us in "Brave" and "Tangled".

This film teaches us many things, including two crucially important warnings for parents:

- if you have a child with issues, do not take advice from a troll! Or at least get also a second opinion!
- if you have one child with issues AND therefore also a vulnerable sibling, BOTH of you should not take stupid risks, because those children need at least one of you to live and be there for them!

The ending is may be just a little bit weaker than one could expect, but after all it is a film for kids and it was appropriate for the young public. Still, this is a minor point and honestly, if "Frozen" doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated Film and "Let it go!" doesn't take the Oscar for best original song, it will mean there is no justice in this world... UPDATE IN MARCH 2014: well, it seems that there is still some justice left in this world...

This is a great film, to watch absolutely on the big screen, as long as it still plays in theatres - and later, I advise to buy this one on Blu-ray, because here the quality of picture is REALLY important and every pixel counts. ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fab!!!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Me and my daughter love this film!!! It's full of singing and dancing Disney have done a great job!!! We love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
My daughter & I love this film, great story, wonderful characters. A must see for Disney lovers. Sven & Olaf are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth watching, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
Loved it, brilliant film for Adults and children alike. well worth buying
My six year old granddaughter loves watching over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars my children loved this, 6 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
this is probably one of the few films that is truly good for all family members to enjoy this holidays

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it, play it a few times then hide it!!!, 12 Aug 2014
My children adore this movie. It mysteriously went missing a couple of weeks ago ..... no-one can find it (well not the children anyway) Great little movie that the kids adore and the adults begin to hate after the 300 time of playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Melted my heart completely!, 28 Jan 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
I still remember the first time I saw 'The Lion King' back in 1994 as a 7-year old. It left me speechless, amazed and unable to talk about anything else for the next couple of months. Since then, I have seen every other Disney movie that came out. Most of them I liked, some of them I loved ('Tangled'!) but nothing came close to that feeling that 'The Lion King' gave me. Nothing, that is, until now!

While watching 'Frozen' I was smiling throughout most of the movie, I could feel my heart warming and melting and once again I was left amazed at the end. Once again, I just can't shut up about it. And yes - if you did your Maths correctly, I am now 25 years old. But this movie has such an endearing array of characters. There is a cute little clueless snowman Olaf who dreams of summer when going gets tough. There is a goofy and awkward princess Anna and a little distanced Queen Elsa with a truely icy secret! There is a lovable reindeer who according to his owner 'is better than people' and Christoph the named owner who according to his reindeer 'doesn't smell better than reindeers'. Together, they will emabark on a journey filled with catchy songs that won't let you go too easily after finishing the movie! And every minute of that journey is a masterpiece!

Unlike many of Disney movies, the main theme of the movie is not about a princess finding her Prince Charming (although that theme is still present). The main theme here is love between two sisters whose relationship had been hindered by a truely freezing secret. Just like 'Lion King', it is a beautiful story about family ties helping us find our place in the world, somewhere we belong.

It's an instant classic and a must-see! And don't ask WHY (Olaf will do it for you!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
Brilliant even by Disney standards. Catchy tunes, good story, some good jokes to keep the adults amused. Great family fun

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD] by Jennifer Lee (DVD - 2014)