2,268 Reviews
 (1,960)

I took a chance and ordered this UK release of Frozen 3D from the UK since Disney apparently doesn't consider us Americans worthy of the 3D version. As advertised, this 3D Blu-ray disc is indeed Region-Free and works on my U.S. Blu-ray player with no problem.

Published 4 months ago by ReubenR

3.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic 3D but an average movie that is very forgettable
Fantastic 3D but an average movie that is very forgettable. The plot is weak and the face-to-heel turn doesn't hold up to even the slightest scrutiny. The songs felt slapped together and didn't even mesh well with the score (or each other) and the plot was trite even by Disney standards. Overall, a very forgettable movie.

Do yourself a favor and watch...
Published 16 days ago by RocShemp

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmed: This 3D release works on U.S. Blu-ray players (Region A/1), 5 April 2014
ReubenR (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews

The movie is fantastic, the sound and image are wonderful, and the packaging is free of frustration. It costs a bit extra ordering from England, but if you must have the 3D release, at least there's a way to get it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Let It Go, 13 July 2014
prisrob "pris," (New England USA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
No one will likely forget the voice of Idina Menzel, with the flub at the Academy Awards. Her portrayal of Elsa, the princess who became a Queen. The joy of the music in this film is just glorious. It is overpowering at times, but when I hear all the four year olds in my granddaughter's class sing the song, "Let It Go", you realize what an impact this film has on our children.

The age old quest for young children, and, in particular, girls to love and support each other is given first place in this film. Elsa and Anna , sisters,torn apart because of Elsa's strange powers to turn things into ice. It is not until get are adults that they also come to understand that secrets are harmful, and that the love of family is most important.

The film work is spectacular and gorgeous. The music an extravaganza do sound. The animated characters come alive, and my gap favorite is Olaf. The storyline is superb, and this film is certainly one of Disneys best. My 4 year liked granddaughter and I just loved it.

Highly Recommended. prisrob 07-12-14

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Disney Film Since The Lion King, 15 Jan 2014
J. Collins - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Frozen is a phenominon. It is a magical and emotional experience that will stay with you for days, weeks, months after you see it. It is by far the best Disney film since the likes of The Little Mermaid and The Lion King. Everything from the animation to the toe tapping musical numbers are breathtaking.

It is a heartwarming tale about sisterhood and the importance of family. Idina Menzel and Kristen Bell put in simply spellbinding performances as two sisters forced to grow up apart due to a terrible gift/curse. Menzels ensemble musical piece "Let It Go" deserves a Grammy because it is just so so so good.

I cannot recommend this film enough. Kids will love it due to Oalaf the hilarious wisecracking snowman and adults will appreciate the romance and love in the unbreakable ties asociated with family and sisterhood.

Buy Frozen and keep it forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Imagine our disappointment (along with countless other Americans) when we learned that ..., 15 Aug 2014
John H. Zimmerman "ob1pc2" (Colorado Springs, CO) - See all my reviews
My wife and I don't usually visit theaters to view a new movie, but we made an exception for "Frozen". We are both fans of 3-D cinema and couldn't wait for this title to be available in the 3-D BluRay format. Imagine our disappointment (along with countless other Americans) when we learned that the Disney distributors here in the U.S. suddenly withdrew the U.S. 3-D release earlier this year. We purchased the 2-D version anyway and waited for the U.S. Release Announcement, which had not yet come by August. Then we discovered that the 3-D BlueRay version was available through Amazon.UK at a reasonable price after conversion to $US. We were a little skeptical about this "Region Free" disc playing properly on our American NTSC 3-D BluRay player. After reading comments from other American purchasers, we decided to take a chance and make the purchase, and we were glad we did. It plays perfectly in our SONY 3-D BluRay player! The 3-D effects add so much more to an already spectacular animated movie--with snow falling and flying in your face while watching, you feel like you are part of the movie's "Frosty" Norwegian environment. My wife was born in Norway so this was especially entertaining for her. "Frozen" has unforgettable characters that will entertain young and old alike. Why the Disney company has held back releasing this 3-D title in the U.S. is beyond our comprehension.
-15 August 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Let it go-turn away and slam the door. I don't care what they will say. Let the storm rage on. The cold never bothered me anyway, 9 Dec 2013
Maciej "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
This is an impressively BEAUTIFUL film, with very endearing characters, solid scenario, fun moments for little ones, good dialogs, impressive images, nice music and one simply unbelievably POWERFUL song, the "Let it go!".

This film was inspired by Hans Christian Andrsen magnificent story the "Snow Queen", published the first time in 1845, but it is only a distant inspiration - the story in the film has very little in common with this classic bittersweet treat. In fact it is a completely different tale, about two princesses, Elsa, the wise but sad elder sister and Anna, the impulsive, merry but a little bit foolish (at least initially) younger one. The sisters love one another dearly, but early in their childhood dire circumstances (and a REALLY stupid advice) erected a wall between them - and in fact also a wall between Elsa and all the rest of the world... And the day this wall unavoidably collapses, well, Elsa will "let it go" - and all hell will break loose! I will say here nothing more about the story.

My 12 year old daughter simply adored this film. My 4 year old daughter liked it too, although she didn't exactly understand the story, but she was quite happy with the snowman Olaf (lots of giggling), the OTHER snowman who was not Olaf (lots of pretending to be afraid), the reindeer Sven ("daddy can I have a reindeer?"), the carrots (an important element of the film), the songs and the beautiful images.

Me, I was absolutely impressed by the visual aspect of this film, the clever dialogs and this INCREDIBLE "Let it go!" song, which is I believe the best musical cinema moment I had since "The circle of life" in "Lion King". And also I was absolutely impressed with the character of Elsa - we can clearly see there a John Lasseter's touch in the scenario, a little bit similar to the "corrected image of typical Disney princess" he already offered us in "Brave" and "Tangled".

This film teaches us many things, including two crucially important warnings for parents:

- if you have a child with issues, do not take advice from a troll! Or at least get also a second opinion!
- if you have one child with issues AND therefore also a vulnerable sibling, BOTH of you should not take stupid risks, because those children need at least one of you to live and be there for them!

The ending is may be just a little bit weaker than one could expect, but after all it is a film for kids and it was appropriate for the young public. Still, this is a minor point and honestly, if "Frozen" doesn't win the Oscar for Best Animated Film and "Let it go!" doesn't take the Oscar for best original song, it will mean there is no justice in this world... UPDATE IN MARCH 2014: well, it seems that there is still some justice left in this world...

This is a great film, to watch absolutely on the big screen, as long as it still plays in theatres - and later, I advise to buy this one on Blu-ray, because here the quality of picture is REALLY important and every pixel counts. ENJOY!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
Brilliant even by Disney standards. Catchy tunes, good story, some good jokes to keep the adults amused. Great family fun

5.0 out of 5 stars It's fab!!!, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen [DVD] (DVD)
Me and my daughter love this film!!! It's full of singing and dancing Disney have done a great job!!! We love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth watching, 7 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
Loved it, brilliant film for Adults and children alike. well worth buying
My six year old granddaughter loves watching over and over

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film, 2 April 2014
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
My daughter & I love this film, great story, wonderful characters. A must see for Disney lovers. Sven & Olaf are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Frozen, 15 April 2014
Anne Munn - See all my reviews
This review is from: Frozen (Amazon Instant Video)
I took my grandson to see this when it came out so we watched it again, and his mother loved it also

Frozen [DVD]
Frozen [DVD] by Jennifer Lee (DVD - 2014)
12.99