5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing dead about these Daisies
Saw these guys on their recent UK tour supporting Black Star Riders and they were superb. Already heard a couple of the tracks and was looking forward to seeing them play, I wasn't disappointed.
Published 9 months ago by V8Griff

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album
very good album .I played it today for the fist time and even on the first play I was impressed. All good tracks. But I am not impressed with the download quality .I use all high end equipment so I know it is not the equipment .sounds a bit compressed .
Published 11 months ago by terry from walsall

5.0 out of 5 stars Nothing dead about these Daisies, 9 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (MP3 Download)
Noiseworks was a favourite band of mine in the 80s/90s and Jon Stevens has made his mark here as well, with an accomplished group of musicians steeped in recording and live performance with some of the worlds most (in)famous bands is a guarantee of success in my book and doesn't disappoint.

A great collection of songs, the album is a winner but doesn't convey the power of the band live so a Live release would be a great companion to this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars My pick for disc of the year, 20 Dec 2013
S. McCall "ncwolf1" (Thomasville, NC United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (Audio CD)
Everything about this disc is great; musically, lyrically, the feel of it is incredible. I don't care who was in what band, this is simply addictive! "Lock 'N' Load" is simply a great song focusing on the random shooting phenomenon here in the U.S.; powerful lyrics & great guitar work from Slash. A disc that you'll keep in your player for days on end. EVERY song is fantastic. If I had to compare it with anyone, to me it sounds like the best album Lenny Kravitz never made, with hints of Black Label Society's acoustic work. Like I said, it's a late entry but I think it's the best disc this year & that's saying something with the great releases by Sabbath, Clutch, Deep Purple, Queensryche, Steven Wilson, Temperance Movement, etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb album great live band, 15 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (MP3 Download)
saw the band live in leeds as guests of black star riders loved what i heard bought the album superb

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this ... It's great, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (MP3 Download)
I've always been a fan of Jon Stevens, Noiseworks were one of my favourites and still get played regularly. So I had high hopes for The Dead Daisies and I have to say the album surpasses my expectations. Each song is a hit, hook laden and well written. Jons voice soars all over the album, reminding me of Glenn Hughes (another of my favourites) and comparisons to him can only be good. Lock n Load is probably the one to comment on first, with its guest guitarist, Slash. A cracking song, unsurprisingly the guitar is great, Jon absolutely nails it vocally. My personal favourite though is Washington, lyrically it's a beauty and just hits all the right spots aurally too. Man Overboard probably stands out as well, apparently the first song written by Jon &David Lowey, the guitar kick really hits home and it's got that groove that makes a rock song, well rock!
Obviously the Band will attract attention as a supergroup, touring as it is with members of Gun n Roses, The Rolling Stones and the x-pensive wino's, so it's worth a listen for that alone, do it you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A real gem, 15 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (Audio CD)
This is a great straight ahead rock album. I was really surprised just how great it is. Memorable songs, good singer, great guitar playing. If you dig basic hard rock songs with great melodies then this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 9 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (MP3 Download)
This is a fab album. Great tunes that make you want to sing along. Great guitar sound. Just buy it 😉

5.0 out of 5 stars 70's/80's Rock for the new generation, 6 May 2014
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (Audio CD)
Rarely I get an album where there is not a track I don't like as much as the rest but in this case the whole album is excellent. If your love of music is great 70's/80's rock brought in to the present with a now feel to it also then this band is for you. Love it!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dead Daisies, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (MP3 Download)
Love this CD the voices are amazing, they are all part of different famous groups, they seem to be enjoying the music and the touring. I hope they do well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good album, 25 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Dead Daisies (Audio CD)
Amazing album from a band that I hadn't heard before. Some great tracks.

The Dead Daisies