on 5 December 2013
PLEASE NOTE YOU NEED THE BASE (BF4) GAME TO WANT TO GET PREMIUM

Today is the 5th December 2013 as a Premium member I have been granted early access to the China Rising DLC here are some really brief pros and cons

PROS - A new variety of jungle maps brings a change to the BF4 setting, the maps are big and vast allowing for different flanking routes and entry also now without the blue filter of BF3 the maps look amazing and I am even playing on low settings (for competitive play).We get about 5 new weapons and more assignments and more game modes like Air superiority , THE DLC WORKS FINE for me ,I only crashed out once out of the many games I played but crashed out when I was playing the base game, meaning the base game still needs work. But for the 1st DLC I like the maps because it brings back the bad company 2 days of jungle warfare etc, To me its off to a good start meaning right now it feels worth it as its a part of the game not broken.

CONS - Not everyone likes huge maps hence why Armoured kill overall was the lowest rated BF3 DLC map pack,because the maps are big it means vehicle heavy maps which even in vehicles takes some time to travel from point to point. This one is important please note I have played all different game modes on different maps and what I can say is not all the maps are balanced for all the game modes. I am mainly a rush player but because rush has become flank heaven for defenders and cluster battles for attackers the maps do not flow correctly all the time. I have had more fun playing conquest,but bare in mind this is when you have the right server settings. There are no levelutions in the maps as far as I know,im not a levelution fan but for some it may be important.

Sorry for being short

But you will ask,IS IT WORTH IT? for me right now,YES it is,It's a good expansion and unbroken part of the game but then if you think about it you will be getting more maps,more everything from buying premium I have been very pleased with this DLC and may rate this higher than the next DLC as the next one is second assualt which is the BF3 maps. But ladies and gents the maps look stunning.
on 26 February 2014
Bought BF4 back on release. this was my first mistake. I had to go online and find a tutorial on editing the registry, just to get the game to install. when I finally got in to a server the game was severely bugged. random server crashes and drop outs. the "no gun bug" is back from early BF3 days. etc etc.

the 2nd update fixed allot of these and the game became more fun than frustration.

then bought premium as I do intend on playing all the DLC in the future, so premium will save money in the long run. also the priority queue is a nice perk in the meantime. (I admit, I am a sucker)

BUT latest patch has made the game unplayable! infinite loading, black screen after loading, crash to desktop. etc. I have not successfully joined a server in a week.

Don't expect any helpful support from DICE/EA, as they have put problem solving firmly in the hands of the player community.
sponging off customers expertise rather than spending time and money delivering a stable, complete product.

To be clear, the game is fun, when it works.

So ask yourself do you have the disposable income to take a chance on a product that may not even work...
on 12 May 2014
Actually the product itself has taken quite a long while to be a great product but it works well now.

Buying from Amazon was a better solution than EA Origin if like me your one of the many thousands of people for which EA seem to be unable to process credit card transactions. (They cant tell me why nor most of the rest of those affected). I was even taking part in the Beta version via Origin but they still couldn't manage basic Ecommerce in my case through the EA platform and support was slow and pretty pointless as they did not have a clue. I ended up with some call centre in India most of the time and it was utterly pointless even trying to engage with them. In the end I found a way to get through to a better support center (I think it was in Canada or the UK)

Good service from Amazon. No issues using on origin and solved a really annoying problem for me. Without Amazon I wouldn't have been able to try what is now the world best FPS shooter for PC. I recommend both Amazon and the game.
on 1 November 2013
This as headed is a premium service and does not include the game. Like they did before for battlefield 3 you can purchase the DLC's before hand at a cheaper rate. This has been reviewed as 1stars because people did not take the time to read into what the premium service actually is, instead assuming that they would get the whole game and all 5 DLC's for a couple of pound extra?
Anyways its exactly as its states unlocks the future DLC on your origin account and will give you some in game perks.
88 comments|36 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2014
its is really superb its works really well but takes long time to download.

Everything came in good packaging and in good time
on 13 February 2014
This is a brilliant addition to Battlefield 4 but it would be fair to point out that this is available cheaper on Origin without having to wait for delivery or pay postage!

Either way though, if you have Battlefield 4, this does enhance the experience and is fully recommended to a regular player of the game.
on 13 February 2014
Im an idiot and bought this thinking it was the game. It is pretty expensive for what you get at the moment since only one of the dlc's is out and the other perks are fairly minimal. 'The priorty' space on the server is quite handy.
on 4 December 2013
The premium for this game is worth every penny considering it is all DLCs, battle packs and etc for reduced price and even early access. This is a must have for a serious gamer.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 November 2013
If you ACTUALLY read the description AND the picture it says that you "NEED ORIGIN CLIENT INSTALLATION AND BF4(NOT INCLUDED)REQUIRED TO PLAY " For the buyers that were dumb enough not to understand that then maybe you should not be let loose on a computer with a credit/debit card. It also clearly states on the box art that it is "A DOWNLOAD CODE ONLY & NO DISC" so how can you say you "were robbed or conned" if your dense enough not to read the details then that's your fault. Shell out for BF4 Base game and then you will be able to play! its only £39.99 from Amazon or £54.99 digi version or £44.99 for the standard version direct from origin/EA

Admittedly the price for this from this vendor (£44.99) is a rip off as you can buy direct from origin/EA for only £39.99 or if you give Amazon a couple of days then their version at £34.99 will be available again. i'm running this on a Q6600 processor, 8 Gig of memory and an Nvidia GTX 480 and although everything is not on Max/Ultra its highly playable and a good laugh on multi player. How can you rate a game low if its you the buyer/player/purchaser who have not read the instructions or the information that is presented?
44 comments|27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 November 2013
First thing's first. I've noticed some vendors are selling this for nearly £50. EA are asking for £40 for instant access on the BF4 site. Doesn't take a genius to realise when some vendors are ripping you off.

Secondly, I'm going to have to jump in on the mis-sold/sold correctly debate, and state that, at time of ordering, which was BEFORE release date for me, this item was listed and described correctly, clearly stating that this was not the game, but rather gave access to the additional content not yet released. Anyone who feels they were mis-sold a product clearly need to go back to school and learn the basics of reading.

Now that's out the way, I haven't received this product yet; there was a delay in Amazon receiving the stock to ship. I don't know the details, but it's on its way now, so I'm not fussed, as there's no real point to it at the moment.

So, based on previous experience with Battlefield 3, the Premium service is definitely worth the early payout if you're going to buy the additional content; it works out a lot cheaper, and you get early access. And the DLC for Battlefield 3 never felt half-arsed; I paid for the game almost twice over, and got a game that was at least twice the size. And with four confirmed DLC packs (five if you didn't get China Rising included with your purchase of Battlefield 4), I'm expecting more of the same satisfaction. Each pack in BF3 had its own theme, and it looks like EA/DICE are planning to do the same thing this time around.

As far as I know, there is no DLC for the campaign, but then who buys Battlefield for the campaign? Battlefield is strongest at multiplayer, and that is a scientific fact!

Oh, and you also get additional guns, camos, and dogtags. Not that they (usually) make the blindest bit of difference.

See one answered question