Format: DVD|Change

on 9 February 2014
What can I say!! After the CD!! Back to Rush in the late 70's!!! Fantastic!!! Raw heavy Rock at it's best and back to basics even though they have a string section for the first time as a three piece (look out for the violinist), Must be seen!!!!! Fantastic for any Rush or Rock fan out there!!
on 13 February 2014
Having seen Rush on this tour i was looking forward to this dvd. I was not disappointed and the DVD perfectly captures a band at the height of their powers. Great sound and vision - recommended!
on 20 June 2014
Great, has all of my favourite Rush songs (as in some of the older tracks, subdivisions etc from the old albums) and of course tracks from Clockwork angels. Where was BU2B though ? I prefer Rush from the synthesizer 80's and early 90's days and a great many of these are on this Blu-ray, I shall spend time watching this all the way through one day (rather than just choosing tracks from the menu) when I have time, but its great being able to play tracks individually if time is an issue. I was "Brought Up 2 Believe" Rush would have BU2B on this Blu-ray, but its still a brilliant disc. Excellent !
on 14 May 2014
Received in excellent order so thank you very much for a very good Music DVD that takes you back to the good times with a brilliant band
on 2 January 2014
I own a high-quality two-channel set-up.

A Cambridge Audio Blu-ray player into an Arcam Black Box 500 external DAC.
Then Arcam delta amps, bi-amped into Spendor SP2s.

Well-produced disks sound stunning - e.g. Porcupine Tree.
This disk is so bad I can't listen to it any more.

The drums are almost inaudible in sections - e.g. Subdivisions.
You simply can't treat a great drummer like that.

The terrific baselines in Where's My Thing ? are totally lost. This track sounds abominable.

Rush have often suffered from poor production in my view, but this disk in intolerable.

Playing, lighting, etc. are, of course, exemplary.
I enjoyed the behind the scenes sections - it's nice to see these aspects of a show. The video is ok, but frequently poor in places.

The bad audio means that it's a watch-once for me - which is a major disappointment, given how often I watch their other shows.
on 3 February 2014
A really great blue ray DVD that any Rush fan will enjoy watching.. I just hope that I don't wear it out, lol
on 24 February 2014
Picture and Sound as it should be on a Bluray. In HD both. And the show was excellent as well.
on 27 December 2014
I've got all of Rush's concert films and this has to be by far their best. Great atmosphere, wonderful passionate playing. The picture is outstanding and the sound quality excellent with a really nice 5.1 mix. You really feel like you're in the crowd, which is a neat trick to pull off on media. Buy this, you will love it. A real modern day winner.
on 26 November 2013
I have read other reviews complaining about the sound. I have a top end Blu Ray, Processor, Power Amp set up and personally I don't have an issue with the sound. Having seen the show twice on the tour, I think it is a pretty good representation of the Clockwork Angels show. The strings are clearer than they were live so add a new dimension.
The picture is good quality for a concert Blu ray and captures the scale of the show very well. The lighting design and use of the multiple moving screens is shown well here with lots of wide angle full stage set shots.
There are also some new camera angles on Neil Peart's drumming that haven't been used in the previous Blu Rays so that will please the air drummers out there.
One thing I noticed that I hadn't experienced so much on the R30, Snakes and Arrows and Time Machine Blu-Rays is that the centre channel is being used almost exclusively for Geddy's voice alone (plus a little of the hi-hat cymbals). It allows you to listen to Geddy in clean isolation if you desire which is quite interesting to hear.
Alex' guitar and Geddy's bass sound just as aggressive and full as they do on tour.
The extras are good and pleasingly, the extra live tracks are presented in DTS-HD as well. On some discs by other acts, the extra tracks are just PCM stereo.
If I was only going to buy one of the Rush Blu Rays, I would recommend R30 just for the quality of that set list but if you want more, this is a worth addition to your collection.
on 21 January 2016
hghlytop quality picture and sound,very loud, bought it for missus thinking she liked them, big mistake , but i watched it and loved it ,never really listened to them before but it's now in my collection with the 3 cd set to match,and will be played quite often with cordless headphones on,turned out to be a good mistake to make.