4.0 out of 5 stars My favourite Time Trips yet!
With a title like Keeping up with the Joneses it's likely you'll think as I did that the Doctor will be accompanied by Martha Jones on this adventure but instead he meets another face from his recent past, Lady Christine de Souza, last seen in Planet of the Dead...but is it really her? After the Tardis hits a temporal mine, the Doctor finds himself in Jonestown. In fact...
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 Stars
With this being a novella I was expecting to be able to read it very quickly, as I have with the DW quick reads, but that was not the case. It took me quite a long while to read it and it just wasn't all that good. Ten is one of my favorite Doctors and he was barely recognizable. There were some glimpses of him, but that was it. So that was a let down. I was also a little...
Published 12 months ago by Megan

3.0 out of 5 stars "However far you go there's mostly Wales", 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who: Keeping Up with the Joneses (Time Trips) (Kindle Edition)
Due to a temporal mine, a sentient weapon left over from the Time War, manifesting itself as a malevolent storm, the Tardis appears to merge with a Welsh village with some odd and disastrous consequences.

This is actually quite a difficult book to review without giving spoilers. It appears to be mostly set in the Tardis (at least I think so). This seems to follow a recent trend. In fact, this novella has a few things in common with 'Amy's Choice'.

Although the writing style can be quite entertaining the storyline is a little too frivolous and silly. It is hard to take the threat seriously. This is also generally the lighter side of the Tenth Doctor. The characterisation of the Doctor is a bit random though. It flitters between Tenth and Eleventh with a bit of the Sixth. Other than Christina, whose role is probably the most intriguing element of the story, there isn't much in the way of worthwhile characters. Heidt is pretty bland and most others appear briefly for comic effect, and are all called Jones???

Personally I didn't particularly like the story but there is enough humour in it to sustain it for the length of the novella.

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest and true account of one of my late adventure., 6 Feb. 2014
I'm a bit timeworn, really.

Geddit.

Timeworn? Because I'm a time traveller.. it's funny.. nobody?

Well, allons-y, as they say. Not really "they", just me. Everyone just glances at me like I've completely lost it when I say, 'allons-y' but I'm used to that.

Anyway, I'm rambling, as I do, stop me if it gets too much but after all that doom and gloom stuff on Mars, it's heartening (good word, heartening) to see an adventure of mine written as a story.

It's an fairly honest account although Nick used some artistic license - the devil! - and it's nice to see how he captured me on paper. Very well, is the answer.

And he got Lady Christina de Souza in, too, although I won't spoil any of the secrets in store.

Overall, a fantastic recount of a very fun adventure I had.

(Nick, I'll see you in battle at the Dalek Invasion of Hull, or maybe at the Heat-Death of Katie Hopkins - I'll bring the popcorn!)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable., 6 Aug. 2014
I've read a few of these books, but I enjoyed this the most. Admittedly I'm a little biased as I'm a big fan of Harkaway, but he seems to really get Tennant's Doctor.

3.0 out of 5 stars hmmmm, 19 Sept. 2014
I found it very hard to follow, i couldn't follow the plot at all. Give it a try see if you like it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 1 Mar. 2014
Its fantastic. A great read. I eally enjoyed it, full of running and question's. I would recommend it to all Dr Who fans everywhere.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but sometimes a bit zany, 25 Feb. 2014
The Tenth Doctor is well portrayed in this novella, but ultimately, the plot isn't that well developed and the prose can get a bit too zany at times. Still worth a read though.

2.0 out of 5 stars Dull, 20 Feb. 2014
Third book in the series and yet again it's a total let down, just plain dull, story just plodded along going nowhere.