5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read
A great author, and a fun little Doctor Who Novella.

I enjoyed it, you possibly will as well. .. .
Published 5 days ago by Stephanie

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 Stars
Published 10 days ago by Megan

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun Read, 17 April 2014
This review is from: Doctor Who: Keeping Up with the Joneses (Time Trips) (Kindle Edition)
A great author, and a fun little Doctor Who Novella.

I enjoyed it, you possibly will as well. .. .

3.0 out of 5 stars 2.5 Stars, 12 April 2014
With this being a novella I was expecting to be able to read it very quickly, as I have with the DW quick reads, but that was not the case. It took me quite a long while to read it and it just wasn't all that good. Ten is one of my favorite Doctors and he was barely recognizable. There were some glimpses of him, but that was it. So that was a let down. I was also a little disappointed that it didn't feature Martha Jones, since I thought she would be feature from the title of the story, but that wasn't that big of deal for me. Overall, this was just an okay read.

I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.

3.0 out of 5 stars An entertainingly odd piece of fluff, 15 Mar 2014
P. Kennard (Worcestershire, UK) - See all my reviews
When the TARDIS is attacked by a weapon left over from the Time War, the Doctor is left battling for survival, in a small hotel in a quiet Welsh town! To make matters worse, he is still within the TARDIS, as is the town itself!

This particular Time Trip starts fairly oddly and entirely frivolously, before getting odder and even more frivolous. With the Tenth Doctor at his silliest, Nick Harkaway has taken every opportunity to present us with demonstrations of his wit and humour, which like the Doctor's bonkers mood, is sustained far longer than it ever was in this particular incarnation's run on TV.
Which is where this story stumbles a little: this is undeniably the Tenth Doctor, but he sustains a level of intensly energetic absurdity that Tennant never did. If anything, it is far more akin to Matt Smith's Eleventh Doctor at points than anything else. Thankfully though, things do manage to pull together somewhat towards the end and we do get a rapid, but effective denouement.

Overall, this was a strange read, not really feeling like a short novel, more like an extended story from one of the annuals, but it did manage to capture SOME of the essence of the series. Do not attempt to approach this with any sense that it is a serious piece of work or that it will add anything to the canon or history, but as a piece of light ephemera that will help you while away a couple of evenings. In that respect, this particular book was worth a read and probably worth the price of admission.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 3 Mar 2014
Probably one of the worse Doctor Who stories I have read, and I have read a few in my time.
Characters not likeable and I did not recognise David Tennant's doctor at all Sorry

4.0 out of 5 stars Well done!, 9 Feb 2014
P. McCLEAN (Dublin) - See all my reviews
This story was perfect in character and tone for Dr Who. It was humorous and entertaining. A pleasant, quick read, and it includes a memorial tribute to Iain Banks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Keeping Up, 8 Feb 2014
An exciting adventure of the Eleventh Doctor that quickly grabs your attention. The characters are recognisable and well defined, a very good story.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 8 Feb 2014
*I received a copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks to Random House UK, Ebury Publishing and Nick Harkaway*

When the TARDIS is suddenly attacked by a temporal mine, the Tenth Doctor suddenly finds himself in the Welsh town of Jonestown whose residents are strangely familiar. With help from Christina de Souza, who may or may not be the real Christina, The Doctor must stop the temporal mine from ripping the TARDIS apart.

This was a fun book that I enjoyed. The Tenth Doctor is my favourite so I might be a bit biased but I found the plot clever and intriguing and it held my attention well. A good read.

3.0 out of 5 stars "However far you go there's mostly Wales", 6 Feb 2014
Due to a temporal mine, a sentient weapon left over from the Time War, manifesting itself as a malevolent storm, the Tardis appears to merge with a Welsh village with some odd and disastrous consequences.

This is actually quite a difficult book to review without giving spoilers. It appears to be mostly set in the Tardis (at least I think so). This seems to follow a recent trend. In fact, this novella has a few things in common with 'Amy's Choice'.

Although the writing style can be quite entertaining the storyline is a little too frivolous and silly. It is hard to take the threat seriously. This is also generally the lighter side of the Tenth Doctor. The characterisation of the Doctor is a bit random though. It flitters between Tenth and Eleventh with a bit of the Sixth. Other than Christina, whose role is probably the most intriguing element of the story, there isn't much in the way of worthwhile characters. Heidt is pretty bland and most others appear briefly for comic effect, and are all called Jones???

Personally I didn't particularly like the story but there is enough humour in it to sustain it for the length of the novella.

4.0 out of 5 stars An honest and true account of one of my late adventure., 6 Feb 2014
I'm a bit timeworn, really.

Geddit.

Timeworn? Because I'm a time traveller.. it's funny.. nobody?

Well, allons-y, as they say. Not really "they", just me. Everyone just glances at me like I've completely lost it when I say, 'allons-y' but I'm used to that.

Anyway, I'm rambling, as I do, stop me if it gets too much but after all that doom and gloom stuff on Mars, it's heartening (good word, heartening) to see an adventure of mine written as a story.

It's an fairly honest account although Nick used some artistic license - the devil! - and it's nice to see how he captured me on paper. Very well, is the answer.

And he got Lady Christina de Souza in, too, although I won't spoil any of the secrets in store.

Overall, a fantastic recount of a very fun adventure I had.

(Nick, I'll see you in battle at the Dalek Invasion of Hull, or maybe at the Heat-Death of Katie Hopkins - I'll bring the popcorn!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 1 Mar 2014
Its fantastic. A great read. I eally enjoyed it, full of running and question's. I would recommend it to all Dr Who fans everywhere.

ARRAY(0xaf60315c)