5.0 out of 5 stars a Masterstroke
Published 8 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad ending
Enjoyed book throughout gripping and exciting but a complete let down at the end. Now don't understand the story at all. Totally gutted with the ending completely ruined the whole experience
Published 5 months ago by Nicola Walmsley

5.0 out of 5 stars a Masterstroke, 25 Nov 2013
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
I am a huge Jessica Daniels fan so it was with a mixture of interest and trepidation I started to read Kerry's move away from JD. I was hooked from page one. This book really affected me and I was really concerned about the main characters. It is so thought provoking that I was thinking about the book whilst I wasn't reading it - esp when I cut someone up at a junction and he made a rather rude gesture at me!! I was in a constant state of fear whilst reading it, its not a common occurrence that a book affects me so deeply. I finished it late last night and was initially rather surprised/disappointed at the sudden ending. Too tired by then to leave a review I decided to do it in the morning. I am so pleased I did this as upon reflection I have changed my mind and realised that in fact this was the perfect ending for the story and a master stroke by Mr Wilkinson. I cannot imagine another way that the book to end and its rather refreshing not to have a standard but convoluted happy ending.
Highly recommended which is why I gave it 5 stars - just don't expect an easy read!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bullying gets out of hand, but will it ever stop?, 22 Nov 2013
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
I love Kerry Wilkinson's Jessica Daniels series and I was excited to read Watched, his new stand alone book. It features Esther and Charlie Pooley who moved into their first house together. On her first day and whilst out shopping, Esther accidentally cut off a fellow motorist, her actions of which has lead to the most unimaginable case of bullying and victimisation. From overturned bins and stolen laundry, to outright vandalism, assault and defamation of character, each attack on the Pooleys escalate to unbelievable proportions. This is the kind of book that is gripping and terrifying in equal measures. I found myself very uncomfortable reading it as it is so easy to empathise with Esther and Charlie and how a case of road rage could escalate and get so badly out of hand. And on the other hand, it's a book you just want to continue reading as it's too gripping to ignore. I found the ending could have been more conclusive as I still don't understand the underlying motivations of the bullies and it seems that something is missing. But overall, it's a great book and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very different from JD Series, but another cracking book, 15 Nov 2013
Andrew King "AKA" (Nairn, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
This is based on a preview copy I received a few weeks ago...

I wasn't sure what to expect with this Kerry Wilkinson book. As an avid Jessica Daniels reader I was wondering if the magic would be lost when stepping away. This is a very different book, set in Manchester and about a couple who move into a new area and one chance encounter changes their lives forever.

The premise works very well, believable to the point of haunting. It took a bit longer to get into than previous books by this author, but having read his other books I was willing to persist. This does pay off as you are lead through twists and turns, some you see coming and other surprise. At one point it feels like watching the build up and impact of a car crash; you know it is coming, want to look away, but need to know.

My "does it engage the reader" test was passed - nearly missing my tube stop a couple of times, so be careful!

It is on my must re-read list.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad ending, 1 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Depressing and disappointing!, 15 Jan 2014
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
The author clearly has done little research into the mental state of someone being stalked. It's hard to fathom how a woman who's so terrified of intrusion that she suffers OCD about locking doors and windows can the next minute be sprawled out relaxed on her back lawn, knowing that it's so close to the home of her stalker. As someone who was stalked in their 30s (to the extent that the perpetrator did try to break in), I was terrified to go over the doorstep alone and, now in my 60s, that feeling remains with me in unfamiliar places. Perhaps I'm over sensitive, but I found the victims' reaction in terms of their reluctance to try to convince the police and their inconsistent behaviour implausible. The experience from beginning to end was utterly depressing and waste of precious reading time! Sorry, just my personal opinion!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not A Bad Read, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
THIS BOOK WAS OK. I JUST FELT A BIT DISAPPOINTED WITH THE ENDING A BIT OF A ANTI CLIMAX .

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to forget, 11 Jan 2014
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
I read the first part of this before I went to bed one night and found myself thinking about it first thing the next morning, then throughout the day until I could get back to it. The other reviews that say it is relentlessly dark or bleak aren't necessarily wrong, so it depends on you as to whether you think that's a good thing.

Is life all about happy endings with a neat bow on top? If so, you won't like this. Actually, I'm not even sure why you would have bought it given the description. I don't get the negative reviews. What exactly did you expect?

It's easy to criticise Esther for being weak, or Charlie for being stupid but I'm not convinced many people would act that differently given the circumstances. In Charlie's case, especially, the few things he does makes the situation so much worse, even though he's not trying to.

What it does do is make you think.

4.0 out of 5 stars Watched, 25 July 2014
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
Esther and her husband Charlie Pooley were a very happy couple moving into the perfect house. They started to make it into a perfect home when things started to go wrong. I wondered how this book would turn into a murder mystery as it seemed so good then, after a traffic near miss, things did start to go wrong. I think it was obvious from the start who the predator was and at times I grew very impatient with these characters and their decisions.

I thought it unbelievable that anyone would be so wrong in how they handled all the events after the first couple and that they hadn't learned anything. The didn't seem to have any common sense at all, eg losing one camera and not getting more to replace it which would have captured more than feet from different angles the next time. And as for the noise, surely the police would have asked - or been persuaded to ask - the neighbours who were supposed to have complained about it No party or heavy noise would have dispersed so quickly leaving no trace. Also surely B & Q would have had some CCTV cameras operating in the car park.

I felt the book had lots of scares, many breath holding moments as well as a horrible and sad chapter, and then with an ending to 'die for'.

I am glad I read it and hope that many other people read it too. It is certainly a lesson in what not to do.

This was a different type of book from Kerry Wilkinson which I thought laced the usual magic touch.

2.0 out of 5 stars interesting plot but very poor ending, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
Disappointed with the end, has put me off reading any other books by same author , the storyline was really good but ended with a dim thud. I had to read it a few times over to see what I had missed

1.0 out of 5 stars No end in sight !!, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Watched: When Road Rage Follows You Home (Kindle Edition)
Book was ok you wanted to find out what was going on but very strange end to book. It never really let you know what had gone on. So no point in reading a book that does not end. Unless you want us to pay for another book. Glad it was on offer and not full price.