4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, but be careful of e-mailing it
When I asked a friend of mine's wife what voucher he wanted for his 50th Birthday she said Amazon. Since I knew my friends e-mail address, I thought it was best to use the e-mail option because it might be easier to redeem for him than a printed voucher, but after I sent it, I started reading the terms and conditions which state: "Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a...
Published on 3 Dec. 2011 by Mr. William Bimson

2.0 out of 5 stars Offer international gift cards
I love the idea of these cards, however it would be nice if I could send one to the UK from the USA web site, one which I pay for in dollars at amazon.com, but the recipient can spend on amazon.co.uk - I am fed up with getting hit with international transaction fees on my US credit card every time I send gifts to my relatives in the UK.
Published on 31 Jan. 2011 by Barry Graham

5.0 out of 5 stars Voucher success, 18 Nov. 2011
J. Adamson "J. Adamson" (N Ireland) - See all my reviews
My family live in New Zealand and Amazon vouchers have been very happily received by them for birthdays, anniversaries and Christmas. They get what they want and are happy, I don't have to guess what they want and there is no postage to pay for. Everyone is happy!

1.0 out of 5 stars Gift not sent on time...then certificate invalid, 18 Nov. 2013
I tried sending this a number of times....it did not arrive on my friends birthday...but some days later. She finally recieved it twice, but neither gift certificate worked.

I complained by email to Amazon, after unsuccessfully trying to resend it. I recieved an email saying it had been resent....but it has never arrived!!!
I know the email address is correct, as she recieved it although it didn't work.

A pity, as the greetings message was really sweet.

5.0 out of 5 stars System worked perfectly (and saved me once again!), 14 Feb. 2014
Rowena Hoseason "Hooligween" (Kernow, Great Britain) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
The electronic version of these gift cars are brilliant. I've never tried to send them by post -- to be honest, I use normally them as last minute OMG gifts when I've totally shambled on sorting out a present. ALTHOUGH I should also say that they are extremely useful when you don't quite know what to give someone -- the range of stuff available through Amazon is now so huge that these are a safe bet for almost any person to choose what they actually want, instead of me picking something dodgy which goes straight into the charity bin...
Love the facility to upload a personalised photo, which means you can demonstrate that you have actually spent more than 30 seconds considering this gift.

Couple of things to remember:
*you'll need the email address of the recipient so they get the gift card promptly
*it helps if the email addy is the same one they use for their own Amazon a/c (you may need to ask a partner for that)
*the electronic cards can take half an hour or so to arrive
*it's worth also sending a mail / message saying 'hope you got a nice surprise' just in case the voucher gets trapped by a spam filter
*don't forget to write in the message box who it is from!

Personally, I'd be chuffed as little piggies if someone gave me an Amazon voucher as a gift. yes, that is a hint :-)
10/10

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!!!, 14 Jan. 2013
I bought for a friend in USA, who then couldn't buy books from Amazon UK ((Apparently not available in her country), or spend it at Amazon.com. Useless!!!!!

She cant even use it to buy me a certificate, so £5 wasted. Come on Amazon, you can do better than this!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tacky cards, 30 Aug. 2011
C. A. Magill - See all my reviews
Service is great - being able to rely on gift card being delivered on exactly the right day.

But design of cards is abysmal - I would expect much better of Amazon. Also more design options needed for great variety of recipients.

1.0 out of 5 stars Issues with sending a gift certificate, 23 Nov. 2014
I have been trying to send an email gift certificate to my neice, but have been unable to. The page does not allow an amount to be entered and just ends up going around in circles. I have tried over the last couple of days without success. What is the problem?

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Present Idea, 2 Mar. 2013
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)
Amazon’s gift vouchers make an ideal present for Christmas, birthdays, and other occasions. There are various ways of sending these, from the quick and easy email version to having them sent or printing them off to give. Personally I prefer to use the email method as it is quick and easy, and you know when it will be sent and that it has been received.

The expiry dates on these is for years in advance and so there is no need to have the recipient spend it all straight away, as you can spend it bit by bit. With the email version of these you also have as well as the standard pictures and customisation, the ability to send animated gift cards, which do go down well.

Two things to remember, if you somehow make a mistake or have problems then please notify customer services who should be able to sort you out pretty quickly, even deleting the one you have just done so you can start again. If you are sending one abroad please remember to use the appropriate Amazon site so that you send the right currency. In all this is an ideal, quick and hassle free way to send a present that will be appreciated at any time.

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful service, 25 Jan. 2011
I ordered and the card was not delivered. I won't be back. I plan to use Pay Pal from now on to give gifts to my son.

1.0 out of 5 stars Amazon voucher, 19 April 2011
I am really disapointed in the voucher I purchased from Amazon to be sent to my son-in-law for his birthday.

It has caused all sorts of problems and these have not been resolved yet.

My son-in-law has been unable to spend the voucher despite the money having been taken from my account (so must be valid). I have sent it twice, he has not received any e-mail from Amazon confirming the gift. I have sent him the code sent tor me but Amazon have declined to accept this.

I now have the bother of chasing this all up. What I thought would be a nice and easy solution for a birthday gift has resulted in my son-in-law feeling guilty because he has had to come back to me. What a disapointment all round

Carol

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely good idea!, 30 Nov. 2011
What can you buy a friend who seems to have everything - men are notoriously difficult to buy for anyway but I wanted something would actually benefit from for his birthday. His daughters had recently bought him a Kindle so I decided upon a gift certificate so he could do as many downloads to his Kindle as he wanted, or select something from Amazon's huge range. Worked a treat! He received the certificate in plenty of time for his birthday and was well delighted.

Congratulations (Christian) - E-mail Amazon.co.uk Gift Voucher