on 12 April 2014
On paper the specs are fantastic. Great resolution, IPS screen and decent specifications. The inclusion of the SSD/mechanical hybrid hard disk is a bonus.

I'm a professional photographer so having a top quality monitor is essential for editing photos. And here the quality of the screen did not let me down. The biggest issue is the widescreen resolution. It's not standard so many things end up looking just odd. For example when surfing website there is a LOT of wasted space either side. When editing photos you don't really gain anything on the vertical side since it's 1080px. Watching TV again was often frustrating because of the aspect ratio.

The chiclet keyboard and mouse do the job but are very plasticky. The need to use a USB dongle hidden inside the mouse means it uses a USB port. They really should have taken a leaf out of Apple's book and used bluetooth.

The utilities that come with it are practically useless. The Lenovo split screen I thought would be an ideal way to ensure I was using the screen estate properly but the utility only allows set spaces so if you want something different then you're out of luck. The motion control is useless other than mute. That's cool to show people.

The unit itself is pretty sturdy and the sound surprisingly good quality. As others have mentioned, it's not touchscreen either.

The problem is that for this price it's encroaching on 27" imac territory yet doesn't feel as polished as the iMac. The widescreen format is odd to use and ultimately Lenovo do other desktop all-in-one's which look better and are not widescreen. It bugged me that much that I ended up returning the whole unit.

As it stands I can't think of any reason why you would go for this instead of say the Lenovo A720 which is cheaper and has a better CPU.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 23 June 2014
brand new all in one desktop sound output,call customer service try to sort it out, they told me can't swap another one or take up to 10 working days to repair,ridiculour(it is brand new) or send it back to amazon to swap it,cost me £72 postage and time.Never buy Lenova again bad bad bad
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 21 January 2014
First off this is not touch screen , but can be controlled by gestures, there is so much confusion about this model even on their own website, It comes with windows 8 which I upgraded to 8.1 this is free to do and worthwhile, the 8.1 drivers are on the Lenovo website, you need to install these.It has a bluray reader, and burner , also it has a built in tv tuner and aerial socket, also comes with remote control; the screen is superb very punchy and sharp and phots look excellent on it. Whatever task you set it to do it rips through it, and boots up very quickly also, it is light years ahead of my old system . It does come with a fair bit of software, mostly Cyberlink programmes, although these are all very oldversions.The keyboard is actually very nice with several neat features, does come with mouse .By the way the sound is fantastic the two dolby speakers at the back really belt it out, a definate bonus if you listen to music, ,overall I am not sorry I made the step up, even though its relatively expensive.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...