5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting Egyptian adventure!
Sasha Fine is used to spending a lot of time in museums; both of her parents work in museums and history is a big part of her life. When a man is shot in front of the British Museum, Sasha and her mother find he was holding an ancient Egyptian relic, his dying words a cryptic puzzle about a tomb and a pyramid.
Along with Sasha's friend Johnny and his father Lord...
Published 17 months ago by orange peas

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed
Although I enjoyed reading this book I thought that the storyline was a little bit of a comedy in places .
Published 12 months ago by gail freeman

5.0 out of 5 stars An exciting Egyptian adventure!, 22 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
Along with Sasha's friend Johnny and his father Lord Marlborough, they embark on an adventure straight to Egypt.

Visits to the Great Pyramids of Giza, Cairo and of course the Valley of the Kings mean that there are plenty of historical sites to explore, and more than enough interesting characters to meet, some rather more sinister than others! Can Sasha and Johnny find the hidden tomb of ancient Pharoah Sethmosis? Or will they be turned into mummies before the night is out?!

Victoria Connelly is known for writing "chick lits" and romances. This time she has branched out and has written her first children's novel. It is perfect for young teens, particularly girls though I'm sure boys could find some enjoyment out of it too. It is an easy read but is in no way predictable. I was on the edge of my seat reading it as it was so exciting, and I found myself saying "Oh I'll just read one more chapter... Just one more!" until I had completely devoured the entire novel! I hope that we see more adventures of Sasha and Johnny in the future!

Please note that the author provided me with an e-book format of this novel for me to read and review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another amazing book by Victoria Connelly, 3 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
For many years I have been reading and loving Victoria Connelly's novels. They are always on pre-order as soon as she releases them! This is her first (of many I am sure) children's books and it does not disappoint.
Highly recommended for any teenage girl or anyone who is still a teenager at heart!

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read, 21 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Paperback)
I bought this for my teenage (13) daughter and she really liked it. So I read it as well and I liked it too. It is, as it says on the cover, aimed at girls aged 10 and over and taken on those terms is a good read. The plot isn’t complex, but the characters are likeable and the relationships between them are very well drawn. There is, as might be expected, a bit of pantomime about the villains. This means the reader is in no doubt from the very start who the baddies are. All in all this is an enjoyable read for both children and young-minded adults.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read for young readers, 22 May 2014
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
I find some of the other comments for this book a little disappointing as they give only 1 or 2 stars because they didn't realise this is not an adult's story. What a shame - I'm an adult and I found it delightful.

This is the sort of story I enjoyed when I was much younger (LOL MUCH younger) when most of us avid readers would burrow beneath the covers and read by torchlight.

I enjoyed it. It was full of adventure, and fun to read - even without the need to use a torch!

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 19 April 2014
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
This book was truly gripping, right from the start!!! i really recommend this book for girls age 8+ if you have a taste for adventure

4.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted fun, 23 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
A fun read with a solid adventure at the heart of it. Even though I'm well past the age of the intended audience I thought I'd give this a go as a light hearted read, being a fan of Ms Connelly`s adult novels, and I wasn't disappointed. Great fun.

3.0 out of 5 stars enjoyed, 17 Mar. 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars starts well, 15 Mar. 2014
basically a childrens books
starts well but ending poor
needs more historical facts togive the story a semblence of real life

4.0 out of 5 stars Great book for teens and those of us older, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
Was a good read, written for younger readers but still captivating. Would like to read more from this author, could be a good series

4.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 1 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Secret Pyramid (Kindle Edition)
Although a teenager read I decided to give it a go as had had a few years ago a fantastic holiday in Egypt, it brought back memories of Luxor and particularly valley of the kings, nice light hearted read

Secret Pyramid