4.0 out of 5 stars This the second book in the `Extinction Point series'
This the second book in the `Extinction Point series', and unless I greatly mistaken there will probably be another to follow, as the story and the events that have transpired so far seem , to me to be unresolved. Other reviewers on this site have given over the plot line to varying degrees. All I will say is that what you have here is death of humanity by rain to be more...
Published 21 months ago by Susman

3.0 out of 5 stars Day of the Triffids meets Alien: Part II
I read the first volume of this on my Kindle after spotting it in the lending library. I was pleased when I was offered this on Amazon Vine. The main protagonist, Emily, has left New York behind and is heading North to escape the perils of the alien invasion. She is travelling by bike, because she cannot drive. That is soon to change. There are many abandoned vehicles...
Published 23 months ago by

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Exciting., 3 Aug. 2014
Read this immediately after part one. Wasn't going to bother as part one very slow going. I didn't really care what make of bike she rode. Too much detail not enough story. However part two progresses the story nicely. A really enjoyable read although a short one. Both books could easily be merged and still be a good read. Looking forward to number three hopefully with less minutiae and more story.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 24 Jan. 2015
Alan (Southampton) - See all my reviews
Loved it! The 2nd book in the trilogy (which may expand to even more in the series) and without spoilers is a thoroughly entertaining read with a enough twists and turns to keep most sci-fi/thriller fans happy.

This book picks up from the last one and sweeps us further into Emily and Thor's dangerous world - no spoilers from me so all I can say is buy the series - you wont regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Should have been part if the first book, 14 Dec. 2014
There is a growing tendency to write a series of books to cover one story. At one time when you bought a book it had a full story, a start, a middle and an end. Now, the cynical view is to make more money, we have to buy several books to get one story.

This is a good story and I shall read the next book but I shall also feel a little cheated that the whole story was nit in one book.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good sequel, 9 Sept. 2013
I enjoyed this second book of the series and will want to read the third. I found the first book more gripping and full of suspense than this one. Some of the detail of the vehicles Emily uses was a bit boring and I skipped the odd paragraph. The suspense built up nicely and I loved
the surprises at the end. A worthwhile read

4.0 out of 5 stars Very much better than book one., 9 Sept. 2014
I consider my review of the first book to be fair as I found it quite disappointing. However, this follow up made up for that. Page turning stuff that portrayed Emily's determination to find a place of safety very well. Well done PAJ. I will read the remaining books in the series... but probably not straight away.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXODUS (EXTINCTION SERIES), 23 April 2013
A. Lucas "bookworm" (Essex, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I absolutely loved the first book, and couldn't believe my luck at being offered an advance copy of book 2 to read. I admit to being so impatient for this instalment that I had contacted the author to find out why there had been a bit of a delay!!

So - Book 2; Exodus. Was it worth the wait? Totally. It was so easy to get straight back into the story, and feel for poor Emily as she heads to Alaska to meet up with Jacob and the other survivors. It isn't necessary to have read the first book to enjoy this one, but you really should read it - just because it is such a great book.

Emily and her dog Thor encounter more of the evil aliens, and even manage to come across more survivors (one family.... and some ducks!). I don't want to spoil the action or give the story away, but it is full of twists and turns, some really moving moments, and plenty of chills.

I am glad Emily decided to teach herself to drive in this book - heading to Alaska on a bike never did seem like a sensible idea to me!! I was very impressed with how quickly she managed to master driving (I know the car was automatic, and there wasn't a lot of traffic on the roads, but even so.... she soon becomes an expert!).

I couldn't put this book down, and ended up staying up until 4.30am to finish it in one sitting. I just wish Mr Jones could write as fast as I can read, as I am now longing to find out what happens next.

4.0 out of 5 stars Second installment., 14 Oct. 2013
Great book. This is the second book in the series, with the third book being written at the moment. I do feel that the story was strung out a bit and from what I can tell so far, maybe the series could have been condensed into two books instead of the three. Saying that, I am eagerly awaiting the third book

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 29 Nov. 2014
S. Dryden "A Vida Suga" (Midlands) - See all my reviews
Having read the first book this second one was not a disappointment. I really enjoyed it. I felt like I was on that bike with Emily and taking the first driving experience as she tried to save Rhiannon and her brother. I was disappointed with her in the end when she got to the island and met Jacob.

5.0 out of 5 stars If there are any more books in this series I would like to read them, 3 July 2014
Ursula Osborne "Ursula" (Shropshire, England) - See all my reviews
I bought the trilogy despite reading some less than positive reviews. I thought the three books were well written and flowed well. The first two in particular made my heart pound in places and feel really quite scared. I don't think that the books were too long, or that the story could have been fitted into one story. If there are any more books in this series I would like to read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Again a riveting book. I read the third one straight after.

‹ Previous | 1 2 324 | Next ›