5.0 out of 5 stars The Most Unique Comedy in Years!
I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from this comedy, but within minutes I knew this would be an exceptionally brilliant programme and I was right. The very special thing about this programme is that the serious plot lines could make up series on it's own and be half decent (the same for the comedy elements), but both combined created something so brilliant I hope they...
Published 10 months ago by obi won kenobi

2.0 out of 5 stars Started well, but went off the rails
The series started brilliantly, but soon became overly complex and contrived. Although it is enjoyable, the last couple of episodes dragged because they became more and more far fetched, and towards the end I found myself wanting to skip sections just to end it all! A great shame, as it was a fantastic start.
Published 3 months ago by H. Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, not great, 19 Nov 2013
IMP (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
I bought this based on the reviews I read on Amazon, and to be honest, it's good, but not great.

The first 3 episodes are definitely better than the last 3 as I found myself slowly wanting it to come to a conclusion sooner rather than later. I wasn't laughing as much as I was in the first 3 episodes, and my wife completely lost interest around about the fourth episode.

It is funny, but in my opinion it is just a bit overlong.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping, funny and well acted black comedy, 8 May 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
Loved this non stop,exciting,black comedy with v talented James Cordon and Matthew Bayton adding some wit and fantastic comedic moments.Cant wait for series 2!!

5.0 out of 5 stars very funny...slow to start with but worth it, 5 May 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans (DVD)
this series is well worth seeing, its packed with action, laughs and has a really good ending which was unpredictable

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally new form of comedy drama, 29 April 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans (DVD)
It should not work, but it does. I've never seen such inept heroes as our "Male Claire Balding" and "Hobbit" (As a villain refers to them,) confound an array of thugs killers, and double agents/

5.0 out of 5 stars onlyme, 7 April 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
I had to buy this because I set my super dooper box of magic to record the whole series ,well I had watched the first four episodes and thoroughly enjoyed them but where the last two episodes ,the box full of electrickery had let me down so there was only one answer ,to buy .So I did and now I can enjoy it as often as I like ,hooray !!?

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting and Funny, 29 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
My husband and I loved this comedy thriller. It had us on the edge of our seats with all the twists and turns. At the same time it was hilariously funny and heartwarming with the banter between a couple of ordinary blokes from the regional council. Brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars the wrong mans, 27 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
this dvd is amazing, so funny, love James Corden so much, arrived in great condition, very pleased with the price

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic series, 23 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans (Blu-ray)
Didn't realise that this is a series and not a film but I have to say it's worth watching!! Every time they thought they'd solved one problem then another happen! Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky comedy - good if you can tolerate anti-heroes, 4 Mar 2014
tecnobuff (Grassington, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
A series which draws you in as it progresses. The main characters are anti-heroes, born losers who manage to muddle their way through a series of nightmare scenarios. Very English.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh, fast and fun, with a show-stopping turn from Mathew Baynton, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
I loved this series. Engrossing and refreshingly different to anything else on TV at the moment, it has the perfect balance of action and comedy, accompanied by a pulsating soundtrack.

With a distinguished cast including Dougray Scott, Rebecca Front and Emilia Fox, it is nonetheless the two leads who drive the show.

James Corden is his usual entertaining self, playing the childlike, lovable oaf Phil with gusto, whilst Mathew Baynton - as thoughtful, sensitive Sam - is undoubtedly the star of the show, thoroughly deserving of his nomination as Radio Times "Breakthrough Actor" of 2013. Already known and beloved to millions as one of the principal performers in the smash-hit children's comedy series "Horrible Histories" (check out his turns as King Charles II and Charles Darwin as examples), this doe-eyed, uber-talented 'beautiful boy' (as aptly described in Wrong Mans by a smitten Russian gangster), Mr Baynton demonstrates his vast range with some terrific dramatic, and genuinely moving, scenes. This is a man whom we need to see more of on TV, especially as his career is surely about to go stratospheric.

The only thing I didn't like about The Wrong Mans was the curious title (a nod to Hitchcock?), but then I'm a stickler for grammar! It has become less of a bugbear for me, though, because of my fondness for the series - so much so that I have now bought the DVD and eagerly await Series Two... (happily for us viewers the BBC and Hulu have had the good sense to recommission it).

More Mat Baynton (and James Corden) soon please!

The Wrong Mans