5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Package
Published 17 months ago by tedellis

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected
Published 12 months ago by Mr. C. Friskney

5.0 out of 5 stars An Excellent Package, 5 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Saxton 300watt/240volt Oscillating Multitool + Blades/Accessories SBMT300W01A (Misc.)
I have been considering the purchase of an oscillating multitool for some time but an urgent need to de-grout and re-grout a shower cubicle spurred on my decision making process. I have no previous experience of Saxton but noted that they supply "own branded" accessories for other manufacturers equipment. The price looked good as did the power (wattage) and the range of supplied accessories which included a carbide blade (needed for removing the old grout). Delivery was excellent - I almost feel they must have anticipated my order. First impressions are very favourable - the equipment feels robust and an initial foray with the carbide disk on my old tile grout is very encouraging. I will attempt to give an update later but chose to do this quick review as there were no others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic multitool, 8 Feb. 2014
Got this Saxton multi tune delivered the day after I orderd it just before Christmas. Very helpful staff. This multi tool is one of the best I have seen, even the Fein which I borrowed from a builder. It looks remarkably like the Fein with solid construction and the price was less than many cheaper multitools. I have only used it a few times but so far I am very pleased and would recommend this Saxton 300 watt model to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality tool that helps do a tidy job, 9 April 2014
K. Morris (UK) - See all my reviews
If you are looking for a good multi tool for jobs around the home this is just right. It comes with a hard case and the right combination of accessories. And the price is far better than some more well known brands. Don't waste money on those, get this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as expected, 17 Jun. 2014
Mr. C. Friskney (Leeds UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this item to cut floorboards in my house. Looking at videos of it operating looks great! But when I used the circular blade it just didn't seem to make good headway into the floorboards. I had to exert quite a bit of force top make it cut in and then it didnd go right through. I had to finish with the coarse straight blade working at an angle. Of course exerting pressure menas the blades start to get hot!

I have to say - a good idea in theory but in practice, slow and awkward. I feel disappointed

I may keep it because a circular saw is far too aggressive and dusty for the job and hand saws are even more difficult to use on floorboards. Maybe if they did a circular blade with coarser teeth it might work better, but it certainly does NOT go through wood easily!

5.0 out of 5 stars fast prompt delivery, 16 April 2014
A nice little addition to a small do ot yourself collection, I would highly recommend, easy to use and handle

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to match up to more expensive options, 10 May 2014
I tried it straight away cutting floor boards ,seems to do job just as well a dearer option.Nice case and plenty of options on attachments.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid well made tool, excellent functionality, 25 April 2014
CjW "chris" (England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Comes with a case and costs half as much as Bosch (no case) / DeWalt x3 times the price and even less than Titan.

Everyone seems to but Saxton blades for their Bosch /DeWalt - so I thought give the tool a go too. I won't use it every day, so it will be bully enough for the odd impossible access jobs.

It's brilliant.

The instructions are bizarre for a UK sourced product though. All about safety and not about securing the blade - there are two copper washers - do we need both?
They also mention 110v supply (yankies) and its obviously written in translated Chinese? No?

The cable is a decent length; unlike Tacwise nail guns (did-dig).

Blades are secure with an Allan key (oldeskool) or hex key (for the yooth)
A decent assortment of blades are supplied - unlike some major brands (Bosch - Grrrrrr)
and a stack of sanding pads, I have no need to use these as I have a palm sander, leaving them out of case makes it much easier to get the tools back in, as once you look at them on 1st use, its' impossible to work out how the factory ever got them all in the case!

Should you buy it?

YES, its sturdy, British and very beefy / well made and functional

4.0 out of 5 stars impressed, 12 April 2014
Excellent product. Good selection of blades. Sturdy tool and case. Comfortable grip. Saved me hours on jobs already. Great value.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saxton multitool, 6 April 2014
The multitool is well built and should provide years of service. The carry box is well thought out with a separate box for the accessories. Looking forward to the next job.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, except line up, 23 Feb. 2014
laser is lined up a degree or two out,maybe blade as well, otherwise great product,like it says on the tin