5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!
Published 8 months ago by Daniana

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst of all is the damage done to your hair
Published 7 days ago by Eloise Bovill

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Simply Beautiful Hair Chalkin Hair Chalks - 24 Non Toxic Temporary Hair Dye Colour Soft Pastels (Personal Care)
The box arrived very quick and all the chalks in one piece.Very nice selection of colours and good quality hair chalk. Easy to use it and it washes out after the first shampooing. It covers up grey roots pretty well and it gives nice shades. Certainly it's a safer alternative to those highly allergenic permanent hair dyes. I will certainly order another box after I will finish off this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars How Cool Is This?, 11 Mar. 2014
I may be and Olde Pharte, but I love trying things that will drive my younger sister and her kids crazy. This is why you may never really see me dressing or acting my age. When I was asked to try this product for the manufacturer, I jumped at the chance.

This came shipped from the UK in one perfect set and it is packaged quite well.

I followed the directions precisely, unlike others who are more trailblazing than I am. I wore the thin gloves and I'm glad I did. This does stain skin a little, I quickly found that any that got on my face was easily taken care of with some POND'S Cold Cream Cleanser, 3.5 oz. make-up remover towels and even baby wipes work.

I have very long blond hair with touches of gray and I had a lot of fun dampening thick hanks of my hair and chalking them. Then, again following directions I dried the damp hanks and applied a light coating of hairspray. I thought that it was going to wear off quickly, but the streaks lasted all day and night until bedtime - then they just shampooed right out. My hair was left in the same condition like before I had tried Hair Chalkin.

Everyone I met at the store today loved it -even my younger sister and her kids (well I did get a bit of an eye roll, but what can I say?)

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst of all is the damage done to your hair, 27 April 2015
They don't transfer very well at all. I had to use so much water to get the colour to transfer onto my hair that it also washed the colour straight off. It doesn't last more than an hour and stains your clothes and skin. Worst of all is the damage done to your hair. It made the bottom inch of my hair dry and crispy and gave me more split ends than I could count. I had to get it trimmed, which is heart breaking for someone who's spent four years growing it out. I will never use hair chalks again, and would caution anybody else using them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Woops!, 21 Aug. 2014
The purple is incredible, such a nice lilac and blue shade and washed out straight away, I would of given a 5 star review but warning! the pink stayed in my hair for 2 months and I had to go to the hair dressers to have it bleached out! But that is not a really bad negative as it was my fault for experimenting I will buy again but only use the purple and blue haha!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Fun, 9 Mar. 2014
Mandy Payne "Is it just me?" (Hollywood, CA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is a really cool hair chalk arrangement. So many fun colors. They arrived in great shape, none of the broken. I guess they would still have worked fine even if they did show up broken. It was just like using a crayon to color your hair. We soaked them in a little water and then drew the color on. Very simple. The more we applied, the darker/brighter the color -- to a point obviously.

I have dark brown almost black hair, so many of the colors didn't work on me. There was a couple of the blues that worked and the green. My niece however has blond hair and this was a lot of fun for her. It washed out wih the first washing for both of us, although it warns that for light hair it may take a day or two.

The colors are bright and vivid in her hair and had a very cool effect, unlike regular color. Big fun for a costume or a concert where you just want to be wild and have fun. I would give five stars, but I wish it worked better on dark hair. I'm not sure that's fair as I think any color would have trouble on dark hair. Plus, I'm too old to be coloring my hair bright blues and reds -- but it was still fun!

I tried to post a video but am having trouble with getting it to format for Amazon for some reason. I will try again in a few days to see if they fix whatever the issue is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but flimsy, 1 Aug. 2014
I was quite pleased with this as a whole but I found that the chalks snapped in half without much force being put on it, also it is quite hard to get a colour into curly or wavy hair! But if you have straight hair it works great! :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Chalk everywhere, 18 Jun. 2014
C. K. Creasey "Whoopee Cushion" (Silverstone UK) - See all my reviews
Chalk gets everywhere, especially on your clothes. Kids not impressed. I wandered lonely as a cloud with a review too short for Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, 25 Nov. 2014
These work great. They weren’t working very well at first but then I read the instructions on the box and now they work great! Really good if you fancy a quick bit of colour for the night. Chalk naturally dries out your hair so I use this, http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00IF8KB8U to keep my hair healthy.

2.0 out of 5 stars Average, 4 July 2014
Good selection of colours. Came quickly and well packaged. My hair felt horrible when the chalk was in is my only complaint

4.0 out of 5 stars present, 4 Jun. 2014
bought as a present for my niece she seemed pleased with them. she has light brown hair and it covered well but the darker colours did need a couple of washes to get the colour out properly.