5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic !!
This is a must have for those who have the galaxy s3 or note. Its easy to use and lightweight and can port up to 3 USB'S at once plus handle TV out through a simple HDMI cable connected....AND it charges at the same time.

Published 16 months ago by nicola

Published 13 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic !!, 27 Mar 2013

I cant see how you could go wrong with this. Its portable which is great for all those travellers out there who carry a wireless keyboard and mouse with it and get into the hotel room and hey presto your PC is up and running, well virtually, if you can join me and call the galaxy S3 a mini pc after all it does have quad core processors.

The only snag with this is that is doesn't sit at landscape position on the dock so when using the phone as a pc attached to a screen/monitor you only get portrait vision. BUT SAYING THIS YOU CAN GET AROUND THE PROBLEM BY DOWNLOADING THE APP CALLED 'Rotation Control (license)' from Google Play, which gets around the standard auto-rotate already in the S3.

Brilliant

Thanks Samsung

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 3 April 2013
William O' Connor (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I didn't buy this from amazon as it wasn't available at the time of purchase. I really love this item. Plug in a keyboard/mouse and a hdmi cable to a suitable monitor and you have a desktop android computer. it outputs 1080p video to a tv also and makes a nice desktop clock/calendar when just charging the note2. One wee warning... you can only use fat32 formatted disks but thats a samsung/Google issue not the docks.. Its powered from the microusb port and is supplied with a power adapter and only works properly when a power adapter is connected or a usb port with enough power!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit - perfect for the "office on the road" without a bulky laptop bag, 2 May 2014
Daz "Daz" (West Mids UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Micro USB OTG HUB SDHC, TF Card Reader, 3 x USB for Mouse, Keyboard USB Flash Drive, USB Hard Drive for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Note 2 Galaxy S4 S3 Tab 3 Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Note 8 TabPRO 10.1 Google Nexus 5 Nexus 7 Nexus 10 HTC One | from Android Version 4.0 (Personal Computers)
When my hub first arrived I was unsure that it would be able to do what was stated as it looked so small and frail
Having now had a chance to actually get to grips with it I have to say the compact design is an absolute blessing, the hub fits neatly in the carry case I have for my tablet and the extra USB power lead tucks in with it
The hub itself provides three USB ports and I have all three in use at the same time using a mouse, keyboard and USB drive with no "lag" on any of them, it is claimed that by adding the USB power lead you can add an external hard drive but I have not tried that yet
The inclusion of a Trans Flash port rather than a Micro SD is unusual as the TF standard has not yet been widely adopted, however this is not a problem as the Micro SD card and TF card are the same size
I had one Micro SD card in the TF slot and another in an adaptor in the SD card slot and the file transfer across my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) was very good. I have spoken to a colleague about a better file handling app and will use that once installed
I have never used Sony memory sticks, but for completeness the hub caters for both standard and micro Sony cards
The hub is quite happy plugged into my Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014), however due to the design of the new adaptor it also plugs into my Galaxy Note 3 and therefore allows USB access into there as well, although I have not tried to replicate the "office use" of my 10.1
All in all I think this is a great piece of kit if you are going to make more productive use of your tablet and allows up and down loads to USB with remarkable speed

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect - Listening to Music, 21 April 2014
I found it difficult to find a compatible Samsung Galaxy S4 GT I9505 dock within the UK at a reasonable price. This product suits my needs perfectly although a little pricey. My phone charges once docked and the desktop home screen pops up, nice. I wanted a dock to charge my phone and to listen to music out of it using a 3.5mm audio jack. At first, plugging the audio cable to the dock didn't work so assumed I had to buy an adapter to convert from HDMI to analogue audio. Not the case! All I needed to do was go into my phone settings> my device > accessory> and tick the audio output mode to use external speakers when docked. I do not intend to use this dock for its other features, like output to TV and USB ports etc- so cannot comment. Maybe one day I will try those out.

4.0 out of 5 stars Micro USB OTG UB, 26 Mar 2014
Good useful tool to have, for me it allows me to use my SD card from my DSLR camera to view pictures rather rhan having to wait to get to my Laptop, also an excelent tool for external files such as videos/films to be played as the Tab 3 l have has limited memory, so will be good for holidays etc

5.0 out of 5 stars Turn a NoteII or SII,S3,S4 into a PC!, 5 Jun 2013
OK it won't make it appear like a netbook or full laptop, but this little dock plus HDMI cable and a USB mouse/keyboard (I used the Microsoft wireless 800 series) means you can turn your smartphone into a much easier device to use for long emails, writing word documents (appropriate App needed (I use Kingsoft Office - others available)) or even playing games. As the HDMI is connected all sounds come through the TV so you can give those videos and YouTube clips the airtime they deserve without getting out a laptop or getting a smart TV.

I make most use of it when i work away from home as it is much easier to connect this to hotel TV. and emailing home is so much easier on a proper keyboard not a screen!!! Even without the HDMI connection this is a great dock and can be used as such if you want to read an e-book or watch TV download on the phone without getting neck ache and it charges through as well. (Mine did come with the EU plug - but as i travel to Europe for work this was a bonus to me! You can use the charger that comes with your phone instead)

5.0 out of 5 stars sgs i9300 running 4.1.2, 2 Jun 2013
ordered this from 3a accessories. Works great. Came with a 2 pin 2 A fast charger. I use my sgs3 (or sgs1) charger and works fine. Be aware firmwares before 4.1.2 may not work. I know earlier firmwares were not updated to use this smart dock, but i do not know which firmwares work with this product except 4.1.2 as i know that myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helpfull, 29 April 2013
Sergio P. Scripnic "Dido" (Sao Paulo, Brazil) - See all my reviews
A very handy device, since I own both Samsung Galaxy III (crazy to get the new S IV) and my Note II.

3.0 out of 5 stars Samsung Multimedia Smart Dock for Samsung Galaxy Series - White, 18 Jun 2013
Samsung Multimedia Smart Dock for Samsung Galaxy Series - White arrived in reasonable time and packaged well. I was really looking forward to this product as I carry quite a few wires and this would mean I could leave 3 of them at home. I was also intending to then use my Galaxy Note 2 in leiu of my laptop as this would allow me to plug into projectors and screen far more easily than the MHL and power leads hanging all over the place. However I am disappointed to find that the USB slots cannot cope with anything more than 32GB of memory card according to the instruction book. I shall try an XC card and see what happens. I will update review if it works. Given this is made for a Galaxy Note 2 which is perfectly capable of running SDXC cards why is there a 32GB limit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of kit, 29 May 2013
A few tips for Galaxy S3 users (possibly the same for other compatible phones also). when connecting to the TV / other via HDMI, you need to go into settings/Accessory on your phone and 'untick' the audio output mode box, the one which poses the question ' use external speakers when device is docked' which is somewhat counter intuitive but you need to do this to get the sound via your TV / home theatre system. Suggest - turn phone volume to full and then you can fully control the volume from your TV/sound system remote.

Also this does come with a travel power source, i.e 2 pin so you will need a 2 pin to 3 pin adapter. Thankfully I had one to hand.

Finally, you can download a free app from playstore to lock the orientation to landscape to get around the dock only allowing the phone to sit in an upright portrait position.