on 26 November 2014
I've got 2 sets of Motorola Talker, a set of T60 and a set of T80. I discover them while on a group skiing / snowboarding trip.
In the UK Ive used them while cycling with groups. I bought the 2nd set so I'd have enough to hand around the group.
They are great for those fun sponsored bike ride like the London to Cambridge or London to Brighton where the group can get spread out a bit. They are also fantastic for surf trips where you have groups in different cars constantly changing the plan as you scout for some surf.
I've whent for the Motorola Talkers as that are renowned as the best. They also have the sub channels (this in important) so you can always find an available channel for your group to use.
Please note that the radios sold in the UK operate on a band width which is not allowed in the USA or Canada. And the once sold in the US and Canada are not allowed to be used in the UK.
on 3 March 2014
Great walkies, Nice build quality feel Nice in you hand. Look like pro's. Bought these for skiing in Sweden where they worked great og lived up to my expectations. Easy to use - also for kids. Before leaving home I did sone testing, where I got 1,6 km of range in "low Urban" area. At 1,6 km the signal was not the Best. When used in a skiing area the range was as low as approx 1 km when trying to communicate accross the mountain. But when normaly se Got 2-2,5 km of range. When talking from a high point to a low, er got up to 5 km. It matters how and in which direction you point the antenna. Especially when signal starts to fall out. We only used the walkie's whit the digital sub channels. (Dcs - I Think).
Battery life is great. Easy 14 hours when using when 90% standby, 5% talk, 5% listning.
Overall great. A little pricy
on 8 May 2015
Dead easy to use. I bought for my parents (in their late 80's) so they could potter around the home and garden and keep in contact. the radio's worked well, very easy to switch and use. There may be other features on the radio's but all we wanted was reliable, clear and simplicity. Target meet at 100% we tried them at about 1/2 mile and they were still clear.
on 8 September 2014
Nice handsets. They seem to cope with rain OK, but your mileage may vary...
Realistic range is around 1.5km car to car, 3km while walking (terrain permitting). You can get further but only if it's line of site or hilltop to hilltop. Same range as the Motorola T80s I bought (which are supposed to have better range !), but these are not as robust as the T80s. Cheaper though :)
on 13 March 2014
Tried this phone on short distances in urban areas. A bit noisy but also unable to remove voice activated feature. Manual tells user to select level oF( meaning off) but only levels 1 to 5 are avaiable from the menu. Still trying to resolve this problem
on 16 January 2016
Superb walkie-talkies that work brilliantly even at a distance. The handsets are a good, solid quality and even our two young boys won't be able to break them as they seem very durable. The recharging component is a brilliant idea and will hopefully safe us a fortune in replacement batteries. Company was also excellent as we had a slight hitch with the first set we'd ordered and they replaced them super-fast. Great product and great service. Thank you.
on 19 May 2014
Me and my buddy bought these for airsofting and they are great, not too bulky also. I have used these make before while working in Security. So highly recommend.
on 9 February 2016
Excellent walkie talkies. I work in my converted garage behind my house a lot, and we have just had a baby, so my wife and I use these when the door goes, or we have a "code brown" situation. I have even taken them to the shops while my wife has been at home, range of around 1km in a built up area, and can still make out what she's saying. Haven't used them in the great outdoors yet, but I'm sure the range would be much greater.

We had some interference around Christmas time, I guess someone else got some walkie talkies as presents, but it was very easy to change channels and had none since
on 22 May 2015
Good quality product however regardless of the environment used - the range is poor. I would suggest a range of approximately 300m would be more accurate.
on 28 February 2014
A very good well made product.A nice comfy grip to it,"ROGER" Tone,not too loud,just right.Clear display,I am comparing this walkie against another I have the binatone terrain 750,a good unit,but this one sounds betterDid not come in a nice custom made case,(The terrain did,and it was cheaper) but you don't take the box with you, or do you? Finally time will tell as I have only just received this walkie,but so far so good.Stan The Man..