5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderbag
Published 18 months ago by Gav

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy with caution!
Published 16 months ago by Michelle L. Macintyre

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderbag, 9 Jan. 2014
I love the Wonderbag. It's simple to use and really does work. The recipe book that comes with it has some delicious ideas - we particularly loved the paella - but we have also used it for cooking a variety of things as well as to keep food hot or cold. It looks good too - the blue one is simple and stylish. An added bonus is knowing that a needy family in Africa get a Wonderbag for each one sold here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for weekends away and picnics!, 17 Jan. 2014
I was given a Wonderbag as a gift and didn't realise how useful it was going to be. It really does work and it is fantastic to leave food safely tucked away in the Wonderbag cooking without the need for electricity. We have found it useful to put in the boot of the car when travelling 4hrs away to a family cottage. We drive and dinner cooks - saves a lot of effort upon arrival at the start of a weekend away with small children. We have also found it great for days at the beach, fantastic to be able to add hot food into a picnic-mix without all the effort of cooking at the beach! I have recommended the Wonderbag to many friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Student Saver!, 10 Nov. 2013
As a full-time student working full time I can't imagine easier time-saving cooking method.
It is perfect for cooks with minimal cooking abilities like me. In the morning, before you leave to work/Uni, you simply put all ingredients together in a pan, mix it, let it simmer for a few minutes (that's when I am having my breakfast) and then you pop it into the Wonderbag and just leave it to do its job! When you come back home in the evening you feel so relieved that you don't actually have to cook after such a long day plus you get to spend dining time with your family/roommates (who always beg me to cook for them as well!).

So thank you Wonderbag for saving my precious time and for providing me with such yummy meals!

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy with caution!, 24 Feb. 2014
I have never posted a review on this before but feel I have to share my thoughts about this one. I received my Wonderbag last week and have made three things so far with really mixed results - meat still tough after 3/4 hours, contents not particularly hot. However I have made sure that I've shaken out each section to 'activate' the insulation beads so hopefully that should help. But I'm not raving about this yet. I will persevere it was expensive....feeling a bit disappointed to be perfectly honest. :(

2.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Wonderbag Portable Slow Cooker with Recipe Book Grey/Khaki (Kitchen & Home)
I don't think it cooks stews that well I find I need to cook food a lot longer than suggested before using bag and the food is not that hot when ready to serve

4.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with this non-electricity slow cooker, 18 Mar. 2015
Dr. P. A. Roberts "Pennie Roberts" (Peak District, UK) - See all my reviews
Very pleased with this non-electricity slow cooker. Have made three delicious meals, two from the supplied cookbook and one of my own. All worked well. However because it relies totally on insulation to retain the heat from the initial simmering, the food is not piping hot after the suggested four hours cooking. That is easily remedied by popping the casserole dish back on the hob for a few moments. I bought an oxtail from the butcher and cooked that; oxtail needs a long slow cook. After four hours it was still not tender enough so I brought the dish back up to simmering for five minutes then popped it back in the Wonderbag for another four hours. That worked well. So a bit more experimenting is needed to get things just right, especially when you are used to a conventional slow cooker. Glad I bought this which is going to be used on our narrowboat and save us gas usage. Would recommend but be prepared to learn from using it what works and what doesn't.

3.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 May 2014
MDG "gardmal" (West Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
It is a bag for keeping things hot or very cool for a long period. The way that it works is that you essentially bring your meal to a very hot temperature and then put it in the bag and it will continue cooking because the retained heat continues the cooking process. You need to use a cooking pot like a creuset to get the best because the heavy metal pot also retains heat.

The bag itself is not innovative or particularly new. The principle is simple and effective -- as long as YOU follow the principles. The design of the bag is excellent and it is a great way to transport hot food. It is also very good as a slow cooker, but you do need to get that food really hot before popping it into the bag.

It is good if you are looking at cutting your energy bill as most stews etc need you to bring to the boil before reducing heat. But at £60 a pop it would take quite a while before you recovered your outlay through energy savings.

Buy this if either you will use it as a practical tool or if you have too much money and not enough sense. If you are strapped for cash and looking for something that will reduce your bills then there are cheaper alternatives such as a basic slow cooker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 23 Mar. 2014
The Wonderbag is awesome. Casserole dishes are cooked to perfection by dinner time. A lot better than when they simmer for a couple of hours. Vegetables are not mushy and meats are so tender. And the savings on energy bills are considerable too. In short, a great product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great no gas slow cook. Ideal for camping and Eco minded cooks..., 27 Jun. 2015
Great product... We borrowed this from a friend whilst we travelled in our camper van, saves gas and makes scrummy meals. Had to purchase one for ourselves. Easy to wash and store due to the canvas fabric. And most importantly it really does work, although my recipe book was missing from the delivery!

5.0 out of 5 stars Try it!!!, 18 Feb. 2015
A friend bought one of these in South Africa and I thought it would be a great idea to try out. It is very clever - super to reduce energy usage and comes with some great recipes as well. Makes a unique gift for the eco conscious as well.