5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade to 2014 Edition
After buying a new PC with the delightful Windows 8.1 on it ( am I the only person
in the world that likes it ? ), I found that I could not reinstall my version of
Family Tree Maker as it was incompatible.
So I purchased the 2014 edition.
Fortunately I had regularly backed-up my family tree but panicked slightly when I
tried to import the tree and...
Published 6 months ago by Peter Hendry

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised about resource hog and time delay for syncing
I purchased it to utilise the online subscription but took advantage of trying the software (why not - I had paid for it!)

Published 6 months ago by philphil61

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade to 2014 Edition, 16 Jan 2014
Peter Hendry (Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
Family Tree Maker as it was incompatible.
So I purchased the 2014 edition.
tried to import the tree and it told me that it could not do so. It informed me
that it would have to convert the file/s to make it compatible.
However, after telling it to go ahead and holding my breath, it went like a dream.
My family tree imported with no issues and, from what I can see so far, it is
behaving itself beautifully.
Additionally, it comes with a three month membership of Ancestry.co.uk
so I can take advantage of that again at any time I want and do any further updates
to the tree.
I find this program very good value for money and far better than others I have tried.
To newcomers the interface may look a little daunting at first but is easy to get to
grips with, plus there is plenty of online help available.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker, 14 Dec 2013
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
I am very please with how this software operates and syncs with my online tree.
I like the reports it generates; only thing I would change is being able to save the downloaded trees in word so I can edit them rather than have them saved as pdf.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Pleased, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
After reviewing various online comments (good and bad) about differing versions of this software, I have to say I am very pleased with this, especially as I got it at 16.99. There is still lots to learn with the functionality, but so far so good.
If like me you have already done a fair bit of research with freeBMD etc, then you will find the free essentials membership gives most value with access to old census records.
However it is not long before you will wish you bought a version with free premium membership (but at the right price !).
Happy hunting !

1.0 out of 5 stars Surprised about resource hog and time delay for syncing, 25 Jan 2014

Complete waste of time - it's a resource hog, it crashes constantly (tried the fixes published on various forums (including Ancestry's own technical support advice), it takes hours (almost reminds me of win 98 and dialup) for syncing FTM to Ancestry online

I would not recommend this product in it's current format (and reading another forum "new version" does not mean new version but updated only.

Sad as it looked promising but not everything in this world that looks good is good!

1.0 out of 5 stars Just doesn't work properly, 18 Mar 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
Having had it work properly for a few weeks now it will not sync. It doesn't recognise me and has had me to reregister the account. Sends an error message that is really annoying as there doesn't seem a way to get it working properly. When contacting FT or Ancestry sent automated messages as a reply. Very disappointed but glad I only wasted 16.99 on it

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
Much much more useful than my old Family Tree Maker. Integrates with Ancestry which could be a pro or minus. Really speed up you searching if someone else has done the donkey work and has the references and attachments. That being said spoils the fun a bit.

1.0 out of 5 stars There must be better genealogy software than this, 6 Feb 2014
ROBERT VINER (BARNET, HERTS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is truly awful software - difficult to use and functionally incomplete. The only good thing about it is that it links easily to Ancestry.com

4.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker Deluxe-2014 Edition, 17 Feb 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
. Fairly easy to use after while. I like the way it is linked to Ancestry.co .uk. when you enter a name in the tree. Sometimes a leaf appears allowing you to access that relation on a census form. Very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Family Tree Maker, 16 Feb 2014
J. Cottrell (North Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
Bought this as an upgrade to previous version. Comes with 3 months essential membership to Ancestry.com. Overall good value for money.
Will probably do the same this time next year.

1.0 out of 5 stars This was not user friendly and very difficult to see ..., 11 July 2014
This review is from: Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) (CD-ROM)
This was not user friendly and very difficult to see even though I made the font as large as I could it was still small. I managed to get may old Family Tree Maker CD on to my new computer and am using that one rather than the new one. I wish I hadn't bought the new one

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC)
Family Tree Maker Deluxe - 2014 Edition (PC) by Avanquest Software (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista)
39.27