4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars of hilarious goodness
Published 8 months ago by c. constable

3.0 out of 5 stars Heartwarming......
Nice little story you can read in an afternoon/evening in bed. A love story with sexy episodes - well mainly sex episodes - but really not smutty or ott. Worth spending an afternoon relaxing with.
Published 8 months ago by Thelma

4.0 out of 5 stars 4.5 stars of hilarious goodness, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
This book had me snickering, laughing my head off throughout. I love the humorous interactions between Rory and Lucas as well as between Rory and her BFF, Sloane. I love the fact that Rory is a sassy, strong heroine. There is absolutely nothing that I find annoying about her. Same thing with Lucas. He is just adorable, not an arrogant so and so whom you often read in some other books. This book offers a different kind of plot that I really liked and enjoyed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Surrendering, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
Hot sexy office romance. Will almost definitely buy next book by this author, Sloane and the brother I assume? Looking forward to it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
Omg loved it,sex was awesome,loved character's & secrets.rory & Lucas sexual chemistry explosive ! i wasn't expecting the outcome can't wait for dark surrendering Sloan & Ryder.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 19 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
First read for me by this author. I believe she normally writes YA/NA novels and this is her first foray into adult contemporaries. She did a great job!

Aurora 'Rory' Clarke is an only child. She works for her father at his company. She has had to prove herself as a woman in a high ranked position. Rory needs a new Assistant and before she has a chance to peruse the applicants, her father's Secretary is telling her that one applicant is here to see her. He has his resume with him. Rory is reluctant to see him but agrees. When she sees Lucas Blaine she is instantly attracted to him. The interview is rather awkward and she tells him she will be in touch. Next time she sees Lucas is when she is out with her friends at an 'open mike' night and Lucas steps up to sing!

After a night of drunken sex Rory is ready to tell Lucas he can't have the job as her assitant but her father and the Board of Directors are already impressed with him and urge her to hire him. Rory is Lucas' boss and office romances are not acceptable. They try to hide their feelings from each other at work but it's not long before they are back in bed and conducting a secret affair hoping that nobody in the office notices.

This was a great, fun read. There is no angst in this book. Normally I like a bit of angst but this book worked well without it as the author writes witty scenes between Rory and Lucas and Rory and her roomate Sloane (I hope Sloane gets her own book!). There is a mystery surrounding Lucas. I felt the author left a few things about that mystery unexplained but it wasn't enough for me to lose a star in the rating of this book.

I loved Rory and Lucas. I loved the references to 'ginger babies'! The texting, the sticky notes, the office phone calls, the office sex!!

I'll be reading more of this authors adult contemporaries.

5.0 out of 5 stars <5/5> Hot, Witty, Sassy Stars, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Paperback)
Received an ARC in exchange for an Honest review

<5/5> Hot, Witty, Sassy Stars

After an initial interview doesn't go too well, with hot out of the toaster bit of Crumpet, Lucas Blaine, Rory doesn't decide to hire him!

Bumping into said Hottie....while out with her Fabulous friends, one drink leads to too many and they end up sleeping together.

So sassy and flirty, Sweet Surrendering is even witty in the HOT moments, and i was freaking hysterical!....she had 'Let's get it on' playing in her head as he is taking his top off.....

He is saying: " Does that mean you will have another look at my resume?"

And the morning after thoughts Rory has are lol funny! well, you can only imagine what it is going to be like between them in the office together....right?

Anyway, the board decide he is a good fit and suggest she hires him! Rory decides she is going to be professional and nothing else is going to happen.....So let the sexual tension games begin.

There are so many lol moments, both between Lucas and Rory (Aurora) and her roommate Sloane. Seriously Smoking Hot Sex scenes and some cute romantic scenes when both want to say what they have in their hearts and head but don't know what the other is thinking.....too many secrets and so much drama.....and a massive twist in this that had me floored. I had NO CLUE to the twist, I thought he was up to something.....but not that!

I thoroughly enjoyed this. I found all the characters perfectly well formed and likeable....I love Chelsea's writing style. Having read another book of Chelsea's (Noctalis 1) which was so different, No sex scenes....darker..it had me floored! This was a Rom Com in comparison and to go from one to the other and get me with both....You have a fan for sure!

4.0 out of 5 stars Honest review given, 29 May 2014
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
Sweet Surrendering is book one in Chelsea M. Cameron’s new series, the Surrender Saga.
This book had me gripped from the opening line! I have to say I think its the best opener I've ever read; “How in the name of all that is holy did I end up on my back on the polished mahogany table in the boardroom, getting the daylights f****d out of me by one of the sexiest men alive?” I know right how could you not want to read on after that. However after that it fell a little flat for me and I found myself getting frustrated with the lack of progression within the story. The writing is good and the story has potential I just didn’t feel it, I’m torn because I’m a fan of Chelsea M. Cameron but this book just didn’t do it for me.
Aurora ‘Rory’ Clarke works at her father’s company and is in need of a new assistant. In walks Lucas Blaine who is in need of a job, he somehow manages to assert himself for the position of Aurora’s assistant. Rory and Lucas don’t get off to a great start both quite bull headed and very attracted to one and other. Their relationship blossoms over the time they work together although she fights it at first. Rory’s friends help her realise that he is just what she needs even if she doesn’t want it, her inner monologue is hilarious, her mind goes off on the longest tangents in some places and as a woman you can’t help but laugh because you know that you do it too, or at least I know I do. Rory is funny, sassy, sweet and a little but juvenile but in a good way that keeps Lucas on his toes. After their initial meeting and the chase, the story seemed to lose some of its pull for me. I was disappointed that all of a sudden they were together and that was that, even though it had to be a secret because they work together. Lucas has secrets that he’s not able to share with Rory and that seemed like it was going to make things more interesting but unfortunately that didn’t develop as much as it could have and I spent a lot of the book getting my hopes up for them to be dashed as nothing overly exciting happens.
The redeeming quality is that there’s a spark between Rory’s friend Marisol and a guy Rory’s mom tried to set her up with from high school. Also that there are definite sparks when Rory’s best friend and flatmate Sloane meets Lucas’ brother Ryder but that doesn’t happen till the very end of the book. So I am intrigued to see what’s coming in book two but overall a little disappointed by this one.
3.5 Stars but for Amazon purposes its upped to 4

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab new series, 23 Jan 2014
Book Angel Emma (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
Chelsea Cameron does angsty romance so well, the characters are realistic and the situations they find themselves in are easy to relate to.

The portrayal of the role of women in the corporate world and their treatment is still a prevalent issues in today's society. It was understandable how protective Rory was of her career, even more so as she has to overcome the fact that it's her father who owns the company. She isn't given any special treatment. The fact that there is also a specific policy in place to stop colleagues undertaking relationships exacerbated the tension.

Any relationship built on secrets and lies is heading for disaster, the plot twists added to the sense of anxiety while reading. Emotional barriers are broken down, intensifying the relationship while simultaneously making you question the integrity of the revelations. How can you be sure what is real and what is fiction when placed in such a complicated situation.

As always Chelsea's characters are so well-developed they become real within the imagination. Even the secondary characters play such significant roles that you can't help but become emotionally attached to every single one of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Review: Sweet Surrendering [Surrender Saga 01] by Chelsea M. Cameron!, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
I am in love! This book was absolutely amazing! I've read this author's other contemporary book, My Favorite Mistake and I completely fell in love with it, so to say that I was excited about another contemporary book from her was an understatement! This book was hot! So, so hot! I was expecting it to be hot when I saw the cover and read the synopsis, but I was not expecting it to be anywhere near as hot as it was! The plot of this book was quite fun to read! I couldn't get through it fast enough! It was sexy and the sexual tension between the two main character was off the chart! It was just I was sucked right into the plot and I couldn't put this book down until I had finished it! I also loved the twists that were thrown in, which in a sense, sort of changed the story a lot more than I was expecting them too! The twists also weren't what I was expecting them to be, but they really added to the plot! I did find this book a little anticlimactic though! There wasn't really a climax throughout the full book too be honest, which did impact on the plot a bit! The characters were amazing! Rory was the main character and she was so funny! She made me laugh because she tried so hard not to show how she really felt for her love interest and she failed miserably, but she kept trying! I also loved her because although she came from a wealthy background, she worked for what she earned, which is something I admired about her! I though Rory was just an all round amazing character! She was really easy for me to connect with as well! Lucas was the love interest of Rory and he was SO hot! He may be one of the hottest male characters I've ever read! I loved how persistent Lucas was with Rory and I could see that he had genuine feelings for her! I would have loved to have read some of this book from his point of view as he was the one with all the secrets and it would have been interesting to have gotten inside his head and seeing his reaction to certain situations and seeing his feelings for Rory grow! The book was still amazing from only Rory's point of view though! I thought that this book was a standalone when I first heard about it, but now it's a saga! I'm actually seriously happy about this because I want more! I'm not sure if the next book is going to be about Rory and Lucas, but I really hope it is! There is potential for the next book to be about other characters though! I'll definitely be reading it regardless of who the main characters are! The cover for this book is hot! I'm not going to lie! I mean who doesn't want to read a book with a guy with that body on it? Yep, I totally would! Big thank you to Chelsea for an ARC of Sweet Surrendering!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed reading this book was a really nice story line, nice coming together, were a couple of problems for this couple but not the usual ones which was a nice surprise

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun read!, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sweet Surrendering (Kindle Edition)
I would definitely recommend this book - good light-hearted read and witty banter between the characters so defintely worth downloading!

Sweet Surrendering