on 27 October 2013
I have tried most of the weather apps for my Fire HD. All have been removed. The BBC weather app stays. It works perfectly, it's simple to use, it's not cluttered like some. Most importantly it actually recognizes my village not a town that is 4 miles away.

This will be staying. I highly recommend this app. Another consideration is it does not require an A4 sheet of permissions that some other free apps do.

So a thank you to the developers at the BBC.
0Comment63 of 63 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
This is one of those apps that I use every day, as it allows instant access to essential weather facts that relate specifically to a chosen locality and updates occur at regular intervals during the day.

The interface is extremely intuitive allowing for speedy navigation and it performs very well indeed on my Kindle Fire HD.

The fact that several different locations of the user's choice can be added to the menu adds to its overall usefulness and speed of access.

There are links to other BBC websites directly from the app.

Most importantly, especially in view of the difficult weather conditions that the UK is experiencing at the time of writing this review, there is a link to weather warnings, which can prove to be a potential life saver for those with a need to venture out into vulnerable regions.

An excellent app that is a credit to the BBC and that I would recommend to anyone looking for the ultimate weather app.
on 1 November 2013
Clearly presented forcast. may take a little getting used to, but once you know when to swipe and when to tap etc. its works well.
on 28 October 2013
very useful when planning a days walking, outings, car journeys or any other outdoor event such as barbeques or pinics
on 6 November 2013
I'm not exaggerating - the BBC weather app is the best one I've found. I've had the version from Google Play for my mobile phone for ages, so when I found it available for Kindle Fire I had to have it. Yes, other apps will give predictions for further ahead, but this one is more accurate for short range and updates regularly.
on 25 October 2013
Have had this app on phone for ages.Great app and very accurate looking forward to using it on my Kindle
0Comment31 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 November 2013
Best weather app I've come across, beats all TV and radio weather stations, its always updated and gives accurate reading where you live.

I use it for fishing all the time and its never been wrong so far, highly recommended!!
on 27 October 2013
A really nice little app. Very user friendly. And you can list all your favourite places. Very nice.
Would highly recommend it
on 28 October 2013
This app is asy to use, it does the job nicely to get a fair idea of the weather, and the site looks good.
on 4 January 2014
I have only had this app for a couple of weeks and I find it is really easy to use and up to now it's been correct