on 27 October 2013
I have used this guide for 3 years, now, and always consult it when I am doing anything in the garden.
I have had higher yields and better results when other gardeners are despairing!
I am trying to spread the word about this type of gardening which our ancestors would have understood.
on 26 November 2013
It must be about 4 years ago, when I was introduced to this book, by my next door allotment neighbour.

I was just starting out, and she was quite a lot older than me. She was obviously very knowledgeable, so I followed her carefully and she taught me a lot.

The most valuable thing she introduced to me, was this book and now, she shares my copy each year. We both know that it works, year after year no matter the weather.

It doesn't matter what we are growing in our plots, we both get bigger crops
of better quality than our neighbours. This has been true evry year I have used it.
on 25 December 2013
If you have ever wondered how to improve the yield of various crops, whether they be fruit, vegetables or flowers, then this book is for you. It explains the principles of biodynamic gardening and sets out the calendar for the relevant year according to the phases of the moon. At first it may seem a bit complicated and a bit of a fiddle faddle, but do persevere, it will be worth it!
on 28 March 2014
This book's O.K. because it's the only publication I know that produces a lunar calendar. This is indispensable for me as I preserve a natural, wildlife-friendly suburban garden for which gardening by the moon plays an integral part. Apart from the calendar, however,the emphasis is on astrology which, to my mind, was too in depth. I simply want to do the right thing on the right day.I had a book titled "The Art Of Timing" which met this criteria but sadly is no longer current. Nevertheless I've retained the section from it that straightforwardlly tells what to do within each constellation period. Cross-referenced with "Gardening & Planting"'s calendar showing when these constellations are in effect, it works a treat. Nick' s book is recommended for all those who could follow and understand Patrick Moore's "The Sky At Night" on TV!
on 14 June 2014
Got this book out of interest, it turned out to be one of the most interesting books in my collection. Full of facinating facts and tips I have tried a few and the results are realy amazing. Dont be put off by the idea of planting by the moon IT REALY WORKS!!!
on 11 October 2013
This will be my 4th year using this book, (it was recommended to me) and I have found it of real benefit to producing good cropsI would recommend it to all allotmenteers!
on 28 March 2014
We're just trying to get to grips with following this method of gardening. The book is very interesting in many parts and is inspiring us to follow the precepts, however, I'm finding the astronomy difficult to follow and would like a more comprehensive list of what can be planted when eg I use a lot of bulbs and assume these should be planted on 'flower' days and not 'root' days. I'm still searching backwards and forwards throughout the book for information, but on the whole I would buy it again. Is there a web-based version of the book?
on 1 January 2014
Loved this little book, it has all you need to start your moon phase garden. Very pleased, this was bought as a present and I'm buying another for myself!
on 27 December 2013
This is the third year I have bought this for my brother, initially to go with his moon phase clock. He has reaped rewards, literally.
on 23 March 2014
Interesting, informative and insightful. If you're genuinely committed to developing your existing or new gardening skills then this book has lot's of useful information, in an easy to understand format that will improve your "green fingers".
I've been growing fruit and veg on my allotment for 25 years and every year is a school year, this guide will help with your revision and exams, well worth a read.

Eunan N.W. England