on 12 February 2014
This is the third edition I have purchased and its a great guide especially if you are seeking wines at budget prices. I've picked up some great wines and some of these are occasionally in a promotion which makes them taste even better! Sometimes you have to ferret round on the shelves to find the actual year specified in the book but usually its worth the effort.
on 16 February 2014
I buy the new edition of this book every year and it quickly pays for itself. I can pick something up from the wine isle at a bargain price, confident it will taste great. Earlier editions had photos of a few of the best wines, but these are missing this year -thus only 4 stars.
on 11 May 2014
Happy to carry into supermarket to access info
Small format easy to carry in pocket of bag when shopping
Good info
on 20 April 2014
It lives in the car. Hoping that one day I will discover a new hidden gem. Well written and easy to follow.
on 19 May 2014
I was hoping for this book to become an invaluable little guide for picking up bargains in my local supermarkets. However i have been somewhat disspointed by its recomendations. Some of the wines rated as 10 have been quite dissapointing, dare it say it, bland and tasteless, whilst some better wines (admitedly on my limited, but not poor, palate) recieve lower scores. As such this book has now been consigned to the bookshelf (I think, to be honest i have no idea where it is now). MAybe some will find this book useful, but i'll stick with what i know, plus take the odd chance here and there.
on 5 August 2014
A very useful little book which gives reviews of mostly reasonably priced wines. Found it especially useful when giving a talk to local Wine Circle.
on 21 December 2013
Down to earth guide. Includes many affordable wines. Have already tried several of the recommendations - all have proved excellent!
on 9 August 2014
Very useful guide to buying good wine at the local supermarket - I've made quite a few purchases now and have been really pleased.
on 13 January 2014
Bought last years, as a present and the receiver raved about it. The same happened this year. So will probably buy 2015's as well
on 28 February 2014
I always order this book for my husband for christmas every year. He consults the book quite a lot and finds it very useful.