5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this book
Last years' Edition has introduced me to the quality wines I'm drinking this year.
I didn't ever expect to enjoy such quality in my Budget.

It's taught me the real value that Supermarket buying power has brought to my drinking.
Within a very small increase to my budget,the book has introduced me much better wines now and it's soooo worth it...
Published 6 months ago by Barry Belasco

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointing
This book mainly listed supermarket own brand wines. Apart from that there was a very small selection of wines for each supermarket. The extra information promised on an internet link did not work and came up as not found. Very poor.
Published 2 months ago by Alison Tamsin Crawford

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this book, 17 Oct 2013
Barry Belasco (SLOUGH, Berks, GB) - See all my reviews
I didn't ever expect to enjoy such quality in my Budget.

Reading the new Edition, I understand how the supermarkets manage their pricing and I've been introduced to the idea of using their On Line Sites, to get the most out of the genuine promotions. It's such a wonderful, practical,life-style book.

It's been bringing me a lot of pleasure through the years but none more than right now.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good rating system, 26 Nov 2013
No nonsense, straightforward.
A good rating system.

I suggest next year's edition should include the German supermarket - Aldi - a somewhat downmarket group, but they do
stock some interesting (and award winning) bottles

5.0 out of 5 stars This book will change the way you buy wine, 20 Dec 2013
Such a great book, because it means you can enjoy quality wine on a budget and when you do splash out on something special you can go for a bottle that's genuinely worth the extra money.

Very useful glossary, and also a good introduction that sums up the state of play on supermarket wine at the present time.

He also has the measure of how each supermarket operates, for example pointing out that sainsburys and tesco occasionally have 25% off the whole range for a short period (so worth hanging on and stocking up), and explaining how majestic's weird pricing system works.

This book helped me get to know the world of wine, and made me a much more savvy shopper!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really Useful Book, 23 Mar 2014
P. Monks - See all my reviews
Bought this as a gift but leafed through first and following it's advice tried some different wines to my usual ones. Found the new ones really nice and they matched the description in the book - will have to buy my own copy now!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Wines in the Supermarket 2014, 28 Feb 2014
I always order this book for my husband for christmas every year. He consults the book quite a lot and finds it very useful.

4.0 out of 5 stars worth every penny, 16 Feb 2014
A. Weiser (GB) - See all my reviews
I buy the new edition of this book every year and it quickly pays for itself. I can pick something up from the wine isle at a bargain price, confident it will taste great. Earlier editions had photos of a few of the best wines, but these are missing this year -thus only 4 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars don't leave home without it!, 12 Feb 2014
This is the third edition I have purchased and its a great guide especially if you are seeking wines at budget prices. I've picked up some great wines and some of these are occasionally in a promotion which makes them taste even better! Sometimes you have to ferret round on the shelves to find the actual year specified in the book but usually its worth the effort.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant book, 13 Jan 2014
Bought last years, as a present and the receiver raved about it. The same happened this year. So will probably buy 2015's as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, 10 Jan 2014
P. DENING (France) - See all my reviews
I get this every year. I never buy wine without it in my hand -- and this makes a huge difference. Would I have discovered the terrific wine at Asda this christmas if I hadn't had Ned Halley's gem of a book? I would never even have gone to Asda. Ditto, a cheap line in Waitrose. Unfortunately supermarkets themselves don't stock it because it will praise rivals' wines as well as their own. A great pity.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Guide, 21 Dec 2013
Chris C (Haywards Heath) - See all my reviews
Down to earth guide. Includes many affordable wines. Have already tried several of the recommendations - all have proved excellent!

ARRAY(0xa11f5aec)