5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Old Knees Up !
Published on 12 Jan 2012 by Michael J. Oldfield

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ok
Published 2 months ago by mrs mary abbott

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Old Knees Up !, 12 Jan 2012
Michael J. Oldfield (Vancouver, Canada) - See all my reviews
Younger fans may love Chas & Dave for their rockabilly hits done in the style of Jerry Lee Lewis but for people like myself, it is the old Cockney music hall songs which made me fans of this duo from the first time I heard them. Having been born and raised in South London of working class stock, I remembered so many of these old songs which Chas & Dave have incorporated into their medleys. They sing of an age now long past; the songs are the ones our parents and grandparents knew and loved. It's quite obvious that the boys love these songs too for even when they sing them at a fast tempo, they give the lyrics the respect they are due. If you want to know what sort of songs kept Londoners smiling in times of poverty and hardship, this is the place to learn. Chas & Dave would have been right at home on the music hall stage with the likes of Harry Champion, Mari Lloyd or Albert Chevalier. This is a wonderful compilation of songs you will not hear anywhere else and I can highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chas n Dave; Pure Legends!!!, 18 Mar 2012
M. Westfallen - See all my reviews
Now in my Late 30`s, I have now finally bought this Chas n Dave Compilation as a replacement for my Vinyl (yes, remember them?) Jamboree Bag album that I had from the 1980`s. This "Legends Collection" of 100 hits is a fantastic addition to any Chas n Dave fans collection.

My personal favourites are: Snooker Loopy (of course), Poor old Mr Woogie, Mustn`t Grumble, The Sideboard Song. But there are many other foot tapping tracks to keep everyone entertained.

And such a great price for a 5 CD set (Yes 5 CD`s) of classic hits. Order now and you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars A bit of nostalgia, 19 Jan 2011
Oznob (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a great compilation. I was a fan of their music in the 60's and it was great to have this comprehensive collection of their work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
This is my very favourite, loads of songs, very good mix, I play it every night. Love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 6 July 2014
ok

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
N. P. Englefield "puddlegum1" (west sussex england) - See all my reviews
very good thankyou

5.0 out of 5 stars well respected, 11 April 2014
Mr. M. Aldron (swansea, south wales) - See all my reviews
i always regarded chas and dave as a bit cheesy...i knew chas from Head, Hands, and Feet , so i knew he was up to the mark...recently, i,ve read about the boys, and listened to their stuff in more detail. There are lots of sentimental songs (usually in medley form) but their original stuff is really clever, and catchy i,ve got a new found respect for this excellent trio ...don,t forget Mick on the skins!!

5.0 out of 5 stars good old pub music, 21 Feb 2014
Didn't know they had done this album but it's pretty good to put on in the background, just like some of the old pubs used to be like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cd, 24 Jan 2014
This was a presant for my father and he enjoyed listening to it.It arrived quickley and brought memories flooding back.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 11 Jan 2014
What a great buy ,so many songs and a free mp3 download .
I recommend this cd to anyone .