on 30 October 2013
Third cat sleuth adventure from this indie author sees the hero Leger springing into action again, this time on the night of October 31st, suitably clad in Halloween mask and cape.
Once again I enjoyed following Leger as he attempts to solve yet another mini mystery in the world of humans. I love the way each Leger story reveals a bit more about him and his character, and this one is no exception.
As I'd recommend you buy the book if you like short stories, I won't divulge too much of the plot of course, but what I will say is that the author has once again blended some appealing human characteristics into Leger's feline nature to create yet another little gem.
Now I'm eagerly hoping that author Lacey gives Leger at least nine lives, and delivers his next adventure for us soon.
Buy this and you'll enjoy a Halloween detective tale with a difference!
on 18 October 2013
Leger steps up his sleuthing activities when a small child goes missing and it is up to him to find her. But it's Halloween and there are a lot of small children dressed as witches lurking around ...

He's back and he's as fun as ever. I love the little observations about cat behaviour, which are neatly woken around the plot of the missing child. The fancy dress and the episode in the tree were really funny but the mystery was intriguing and one I really wondered how Leger was going to be able to solve.

And then there's the continued mystery of Winter - now that is something I can't wait to read more about. Hurry up and write the next one Lacey, I want to know what happens next!
on 31 October 2014
I don't do book reviews........ I read the book and if I liked it I give it up to 5 stars, if I didn't then it gets a 2, if I didn't finish then it's a 1, that's it I'm afraid.

I read it, I like it, I want more from the author.

As with a vast number of Kindle books there might be the odd spelling and punctuation errors.
After reading well over 300 Kindle books of all types and subjects you get use to them and they become less noticeable, unless they effect the story.
on 31 October 2013
This is the third Leger mystery and I have to say that, in my opinion, it's the best yet! Leger the cat is such a loveable sleuth and yet the author takes us beyond the mere detective work and into the emotions of our cat hero.
Animal lovers will adore this book, there isn't a word wasted. Whilst it is Halloween themed I think that this would be a joy to read at any time of year - Lacey Dearie is such a fantastic writer, the words just flow beautifully on and it is an easy and joyous read.
I want more Leger mysteries and am so happy to hear that there will be at least one more to come. And I don't even own a cat!
Don't trick yourself - treat yourself this Halloween! This is as good as they come!
on 16 November 2014
Fine feline frolics!

Another highly enjoyable read - see the world from a cat's point of view and discover the TRUTH about their relationships with dogs and humans :-)

Leger's a star, and so is Lacey.