4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection for "completists"
Published 8 months ago by Eric J. H. Medcalf

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing.
Unfortunately not a good remastering of the original recording, it shows it's age. Not to my taste a pity I like Mozart.
Published 2 months ago by michael garrity

4.0 out of 5 stars Great selection for "completists", 3 Nov 2013
Eric J. H. Medcalf (Northwood, Middlesex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mozart: Complete Symphonies (The VoxBox Edition) (MP3 Download)
I remember these from the old VOX days, and also via the "Great Musicians series of 10 inch disks plus booklet. They are nicely and intelligently played in the "old style", ie pre-authentic. Both Gunter Kehr and Peter Maag lead their respective bands with the kind of liveliness that Mozart demands. I quite like the occasionally extreme left/right split of the stereo recordings and in general would highly recommend this set, if only it were as cheap as in the USA!

I bought this set in the US from Amazon, where it is 99 cents! I can't see why UK Amazon insists on charging so much in comparison with the US. The same goes for the Bach Guild "Big Box" output, which have all been 99 cents in the US, and even now only $2.99 for most.

5.0 out of 5 stars delighted, 22 Feb 2014
This album is absolutely amazing. It's perfect music to listen to when working hard and need to destress. Also great to listen to when need to relax.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value and a musical bargain, 13 Feb 2014
I am a classical music novice but like to think I can appreciate good music when I hear it. For a little under 5 I have
managed to purchase an mp3 download of the complete symphonies of Mozart. There is over 160 tracks which will take me over 12 hours to listen to.

I know nothing at all about the musicians or orchestra who play on this collection. But to my ears, both in terms of melody and audio performance, this is a very pleasant experience from an instrument and technical point of view.

What can I say? It is soothing, uplifting and joyful. For such a small investment I am delighted.

I would strongly suggest people with a good taste in music grab this before the price increases. I am aware that a previous reviewer oes up

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't download, 28 Jun 2014
I'm sure this would be a wonderful collection to own but amazon has made downloading so fantastically complicated I have not yet managed to download it. It was downloading at one point, but then it all went tits up. Why can't I just click one button and then see it in my music folder like I used to?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value., 23 May 2014
I can't believe that I have reached the age of 70 without acquiring at least a few of Mozart's symphonies.Now I have obtained the whole lot for 4.49 in one go.To my ear the performances are more than satisfactory,and the sound quality quite good.
I think that this offering reflects superb value for money and I have no hesitation in recommending it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good listening, 11 May 2014
Where else could you get 12 hours of good music for under 5? Definitely a good bargain and I will be looking out for more!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classical music is my prefered sound., 19 April 2014
I was rather supprised to be able to buy a download of Mozart's Complete Symphonies for so low a price. I have now inported themusic into my hadr drive, so that I no longer have to be dependant on the Cloud Drive, for instance, where there is no wifi available.
The quality of the music is excelant, full stero, and digital afre some of the advantages.
I recommend the Amozon music experience to both anyone, and everyone. And, I do not reccomend things at all.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing., 16 April 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars At this price, don't hesitate, 16 Mar 2014
At this price, don't hesitate. They might not be the greatest performances, but some are very good and none are poor. The recordings are decent. This is your chance to listen to all those low number symphonies that you've never heard at a very low cost.

Mozart: Complete Symphonies (The VoxBox Edition)
Mozart: Complete Symphonies (The VoxBox Edition) by Gunter Kehr & Mainzer Kammerorchester
Buy MP3 Album3.99