5.0 out of 5 stars Should be sold with all phones by default
Published 10 months ago by FrugalFred

1.0 out of 5 stars Samar - tempered glass.
I would use the word terrible. £10 for tempered glass.

I have been a user of screen protectors for a long time. And this one just does noy stick to my nexus 5. I cleaned the phone exactly perfect with no dust particles on my phone screen. However the glass does not apply to the phone evenly.

Utterly dissapointed.

Steer clear.
Published 7 months ago by John

5.0 out of 5 stars Should be sold with all phones by default, 4 Jan 2014
Regardless of having a high end phone, this screen protector manages to be the main thing people get blown away with about my phone. Not the root powers, custom ROM or Tasker automated location awareness. The screen protector. But it really does a good job. Minimal bubbles if applied right, great quality visually and the finish doesn't affect the clarity of the screen like I've seen with other matte protectors.

Definitely recommended overall, especially as the finish prevents the obvious "this is my lockscreen pattern" smudges usually left on glossy equivalents. (Unless you have really greasy fingers (think eating greasy fries fingers)).

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good value for pack of 6, 5 Dec 2013
I don't usually use screen protectors but having bought my Nexus 5 I needed a screen protector to protect the screen from scratches. The one I ordered was the Matte Anti Glare instead of the Ultra Crystal Clear as they tend to attract scratches easier. The Matte finish on the screen protector more or less detracts scratches. It's got a nice smooth feel aswell and makes it more pleasant to use the touch screen when navigating the screen.

It comes in a pack of 6. I took me 3 goes to get it on properly. Not a worry as there was 6. The first application left a small bubble and tried to remove it but having tried to fix it I ruined the finish so had to remove it. Same was with 2nd application but like they say 3rd time lucky I managed to apply it with only a small bubble that's harldy visible.

Make sure you use the YouTube video guide on how to apply it. Helps a lot! Will recommend to anyone wanting a premium screen protector for their Nexus 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great but not perfect, 24 Jun 2014
A product does really need to be perfect for me to give it 5 stars.

There's only one thing which ruins this product for me - clarity. Once on, the protector produces a spotty multi-coloured glare; much like when you smudge your screen using oily fingers.

Pros:
- Easy to install, use YouTube for guidance. I installed mine first time 99% dust and bubble-free... very pleased :-)
- You're given 6 protectors (always nice to have extras for messing up your first application and then you can keep the rest as spare!)
- Very nice matte finish which stops your screen shining/glaring
- Feels nice to the touch

Cons:
- Could be maybe just a tiny bit larger for a slightly better fit, but I'm just being picky!
- No applicator card
- Not 100% transparent and so produces a multi-coloured finish

We have a matte finish protector for the iPad and that protector (not Samar) doesn't give you as much multi-coloured glare. I guess this is something which is difficult to avoid due to the material which matte protectors are made of. Regardless, given we've got a matte protector which has less of this multi-coloured glare, I feel Samar could maybe also reduce it - hence 4 stars.

Having said that, this is a good product for a great price so please do give it a try but don't expect perfection.

Happy buying :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent fitting protector and great value for money, 18 Nov 2013
This review is from: SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New Google Nexus 5 Crystal Clear Screen Protectors (Released 2013) 6 in Pack - Includes Microfiber Cleaning Cloth (Electronics)
Amazing value screen protectors. Unlike other more expensive products, these fit great (holes in all the right places) and work well with cases too. Screen clarity remains excellent with one on. Bonus is they are made in the UK as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Samar - tempered glass., 13 April 2014
I would use the word terrible. £10 for tempered glass.

Utterly dissapointed.

Steer clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't let the price fool you - Excellent all round, 13 Nov 2013
Don't let the price fool you, the quality of this matte screen protector is amazing. I expected eBay type low quality protectors, but I was pleasantly surprised by how premium these look and feel. I had a SGP protector on my Nexus 5 before this, but I must honestly say, I definitely prefer this protector. The fit is perfect; there are cut outs for the front facing camera, the speaker and the proximity sensor. Also, it covers the front completely - there are no bezel areas that are left uncovered.

Installation is a breeze. But for safe measure, there are 6 screen protectors included in case you mess up. That's right, SIX! For the price you are paying, and the quality you are receiving, that's a bargain.

Unrelated to the product itself, Case-Specialist provided excellent service. My order took quite a while to arrive so upon query, they sent out another one free of charge. Couldn't be happier with the product and service, and would highly recommend this to anyone interested in a matte protector for their Nexus 5 :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the extra, 18 Jun 2014
Fits better and easier than any of the plastic ones and the glass is so much nicer to look through.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap but effective, 13 April 2014
Have used it for 2 months and no sign of a scratch. I recommend buying a cruzelite bugdroid circuit tpu case. It fits well with the screen protector.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, slightly iffy fit., 2 April 2014
While this seems to be made of high-quality material, the fit isn't quite right. The screen protector is slightly smaller than it should be, and the curves at the top and bottom aren't at quite the right angle. I applied it perfectly, but it looks a bit odd, because it doesn't properly reach from edge to edge like some other (non-glass) screen protectors I've had.

4.0 out of 5 stars High quality protector, 23 Feb 2014
High quality screen protector. Although I found the instruction hard to read - black text on the white bag would have been better than gold as well as being more apparent.