on 25 October 2013
Yet another book by Carol Arnall where you are left at the end of each chapter wondering what is going to happen next making it very difficult to put the book down. She writes about time travel brilliantly. So much so, I wish I could do it! She also combines the time travel with Spritualusm which, I would imagine, be very difficult to do. I can't wait to see her next venture.
on 19 January 2014
The story is well written but I was not really sure which way the storyline was trying to go.I felt there was too much information about not a lot!Also there was the basis for a really good story but somehow it was missed!
on 21 July 2014
Very disappointing - I only gave it 1 star because I couldn't give it 0 !!. A very poorly written, amateurish and totally unbelievable, mushy love story. I don't like love stories anyway but if they have an interesting theme (such as the supposed supernatural content) they can be quite enjoyable. However this story didn't flow because it was so badly written and was more suitable for teenagers. Not for me and I won't be reading anything else by this author.
on 11 February 2014
Bought two books by this author as I do enjoy the time shift stories of Barbara Erskine. Sadly I did not enjoy either book and didn't manage to finish. Personal taste of course but not to my taste. Sorry...
on 5 November 2013
This novel starts as two different stories set in two different time zones and eventually merges in a seamless transition that answers all questions posed. The characterisations are first class and totally believable, and both stories flow effortlessly till the eventual climax. An extremely challenging novel that is well edited and structured thoughtfully. If you enjoy romance with a touch of mystery then you will really enjoy The haunting of Kate Somner.
Thoroughly recommended.
on 12 June 2014
Really liked the theme of this book, time slips, psychics, ghosts, right up my street. However, it is very badly written, almost childlike in the way it just jumps forwards without any real descriptions or build up. The characters don't ring true and the story doesn't flow. I won't be looking for other books by this author.
on 5 March 2014
This story was okay, it seemed in some parts that a child had written it, I don't know what it was but this book just didn't do it for me sorry
on 27 December 2013
I only gave 1star because you can't give none! I have never read such rubbish, it is so repetitive and boring I didn't finish it. No idea why some readers gave it 5 stars .
on 25 February 2014
Very badly written, unbelievable plot and boring characters. Very disappointing, I was about to give up halfway through, I can't believe I finished it.
on 20 December 2013
great read! highly recommended couldn't put it down.will read more from KATE SOMNER in the very near future choosing soon :O)