5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a voice of joy!
Published 9 months ago by Ase Johannessen

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure
Published 9 months ago by Pipsqueak

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly a voice of joy!, 29 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
Friar Alessandro is an unusual star. He's a monk, for starters. He is also a man who radiates the joy and love of God, quite shy, but a very gifted singer. He not only has a beautiful strong voice, but his singing has a quality of peace, healing, restoration, which comes through even if he sings in a language you don't understand, as I've found with the songs in Italian and Latin. His singing is not just a talent, it's a vocation. I hope we'll hear a lot more from him in years to come.I highly recommend this album,as well as his previous one.

5.0 out of 5 stars first album, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
What a lovely first album to add to any collection of beautiful voice. I hope more cds will be recorded .

4.0 out of 5 stars pleasant listening, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
I enjoyed this latest CD by Friar Alessandro and it introduced new material in a refreshing way - however, I don't feel it had the depth of soul that his first one did. It seemed more of a commercial venture.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
I was looking forward to receiving this CD after reading lots of reviews but when I listened to it for the first time I was not sure if I totally liked it. I believe Friar Alessandro has an untrained voice which you can detect in his singing, and although he has a wonderful rich quality to it, I think it's one of those voices you either like or don't like. I would have to listen to it a few more time to see if grows on me but at the moment I'm not rushing to put it on again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Friar Alessandro, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
All the songs on this CD are wonderful. I wanted to hear a different voice singing these songs and I was not disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Lovely Tenor, 4 Jan 2014
Christina (London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
I first became acquainted with the music of Friar Alessandro when I vistied the Royal Albert Hall for the Big Sing. I assumed at the time his monks attire was a stage prop (although I knew he was a monk). I was pleasantly surpised to discover that not only had he recenlty brought out two albums as a new discovery by Warner, but that he has a truly beautiful voice off the stage. All his profits go to a Fransiscan charity.

I love his version of Adeste Fidelis (O come All Ye Fidelis) and Joy to the World (in Italian) in a jovial operatic rendering which would do Pavarotti proud. Friar Alessandro's version of 'Ave Maria' is stunning. Amongst the best I have ever heard. He makes the versions by Leona Lewis, Richard & Adam and Jonathan & Charlotte sound distinctly amateurish in comparison. This guy is a serious singer!

It doesn't have to be Christmas - I urge you to sample this or download it yourself if you are a fan of seriously *good* singing without being pompous or self-important. Hios frist album 'Voice from Assissi' is very good, too.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a voice!, 31 Dec 2013
Mary Mizzi (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
Does anyone ever have enough Christmas music? This album is now one of my favorites. There is a great selection of music, beautifully sung.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful voice, 26 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
I have been playing this CD over Christmas and cannot fault the music or the wonderful voice. So calming and uplifting.Everyone busy person should buy a copy and just chill out with it .

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album., 20 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
Friar Alessandro has a wonderful voice and I liked every single track on this album. I have the previous CD and I think this one is even better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Heavenly Voice, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Voice Of Joy (Audio CD)
This CD was a present for my wife. She loves it, especially the magnificent voice of Friar Alessandro and the excellent choice of music

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›