5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
extremely good read thoroughly enjoyed it. surprising what has happened in people's pasts that you didn't know about. once again amazing kinky xx
Published 6 months ago by vivien

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a teenagers book!
Published 7 months ago by Funky diva

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars This is a teenagers book!, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
I love MIC and I like Binky. I enjoyed reading about her upbringing but it reads like it was written by a child. Binky comes across in the show as a young adult but how she writes is very babyish. The top tips relating to 'how to date a Chelsea boy' and 'how to apply fake tan' etc etc was embarrassing and clearly aimed at teenagers. The information relating to the show was nothing more than regurgitating what I had seen on TV. I learnt nothing new. If your over the age of 16 I wouldn't bother purchasing this book. It really should be in the teenagers section. Disappointing!

3.0 out of 5 stars i am hoping it will get better as she is one of my favourite people on ..., 15 July 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
struggling with this book, am not even half way through. Binkys writing is very childlike and it doesnt flow very well, i am hoping it will get better as she is one of my favourite people on the show, although she seemed to go a bit 'weak' in this last series.

2.0 out of 5 stars Boring read, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
nothing different to what you see on the show. ollie lockes book is better. wait until its on sale no juicy gossip.

3.0 out of 5 stars More suited to the younger market, 1 July 2014
K. L. Beeden (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
I make no bones about the fact that I love a bit of reality TV, and Made in Chelsea is possibly my favourite of all of the reality series I watch. I like the glamour, the bitching, the fashion-plus as a bit of a London fanatic too there are regular glimpses of notable landmarks and quirky bars and cafes. It is a far cry from life in South Yorkshire working as a dinner lady.

Binky has always been my favourite female cast member. She seems a bit more down to earth than some of the other girls and is one of those irritating people who always appears effortlessly gorgeous. I have a bit of a crush on her. And I want her hair. So when I saw she had a book out I was full of excitement.

Unfortunately, I wasn't blown away by Being Binky. I was interested in her childhood, her experience of being bullied at school and how she came to be part of Made in Chelsea, but felt there was little in the way of juicy gossip or meaty revelations. The book mostly covers her time up to starting on Made in Chelsea, whereas it would probably work better if it was based more around the relationships between cast members, her honest opinions on key moments in the series and how her life has changed.

There are lists of 'top tips' for things like 'how to apply fake tan' and 'how to date a Chelsea boy' which are really not relevant to me. This is definitely aimed at the younger market, I would say 16-18s. The pictures of Binky growing up will give any girl hope- puberty served her well- and I was amazed at how her Mum hasn't aged at all!

Overall, I was disappointed. I love Binky and thought there was so much potential, but this book fell a bit flat for me. It would have been better being marketed as a teen book, as a quick look on Amazon shows that other older fans of the show have had similar thoughts to me. I can imagine younger readers will enjoy it as an easy read and find the lists fun, but for me it could have been so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Jun 2014

3.0 out of 5 stars okay..., 25 Jun 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
It's a nice book to read but I feel it ended rather too quickly. Love Binks a lot though xx

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
I love Binky so was looking forward to reading her book. The book is good but is written very simply and there are a couple of mistakes in it, which always puts me off. If you like Binky, I would definitely recommend this as a nice easy read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Very sweet - a holiday read really, 15 Jun 2014
G. Bateman (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
Very sweet, I really like Binky but I think this book is aimed at a much younger audience. Great for a holiday read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Jun 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
An absolutely fantastic read more in depth about some of the episodes just a very enjoyable book
A must read

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous holiday read, 1 Jun 2014
This review is from: Being Binky (Kindle Edition)
I loved this book took me two days to read it was easy to read and was so fun ,I would recommend the book for any girl it is.so relatable and is so funny.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›