5.0 out of 5 stars The next great instalment !
Yet again, this is told as a kind of duet, with the two main characters telling the story each from their own perspective which gives a much broader view. I loved this story as much as the previous two. I think each could probably be read on their own but read in series they give a better overview of the history, culture and politics of this secret race.
The...
Published 14 months ago by V. Kidd

3.0 out of 5 stars Now We`re Getting Somewhere
At long last, the Night Prowler novels are beginning to live up to their potential. For me, this was much better and more original than the previous two stories which I felt had far too many similarities with JR Ward`s Black Dagger Brotherhood. I really liked the kick ass Ana and brooding, dangerous D. The evil Caesar is an awesome baddie and I am looking forward to...
Published 12 months ago by Mrs Nicky Wilson

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The next great instalment !, 3 May 2013
V. Kidd "Viki" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The characters were, once again, very real, the story exciting and fast paced, the ending satisfying but leaving the situation open enough to, hopefully, allow for another instalment!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very 'reserved' for a parnormal romance, but fun characters, 25 April 2013
Joanne K. Pilsworth (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The first thing that struck me about this book, and I will admit it was something I liked, was that the author did not have to resort to coarse language when referring to male and female body parts. That was refreshing. I had not read any of this author's books before, so was open minded. The sex scenes are not prudish, which to me, is the sign of a good writer: that there is no need to be coarse to paint the picture.

The two main characters of Eliana and Demetrius are fun. Eliana is spunky, despite having been brought up in a patriarchal society where she is viewed as a second-class citizen. Demetrius is all man (well, shifter), complete with shaved head, tattoos and body piercings. Makes a refreshing change from the visions of male perfection that you normally have in paranormal romances.

Yes, they had a past, but from Eliana's perspective, seeing the man for whom she was having feelings, standing over her father's body with a gun, was a bit damning. That it turned out to be a kill or be killed situation was not something she realised. I did like the way that she didn't fall into Demetrius' arms half way through the book, swearing her undying love. Yes, she loves him, but is she prepared to trust him?

Characters from earlier books make an appearance e.g. Leander and Jenna from the first book.

Overall, I would say that I enjoyed it enough that I will be buying the first book in the series for comparison.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Amazing!, 18 Jun 2013
S. Lacey (Annalong) - See all my reviews
I'd been really looking forward to this book and Eliana & Demetrius' story! It did not disappoint! This couple go through a lot in this book. I found myself alternately shouting at Eliana to trust Demetrius and sympathising with her cause she's been basically brainwashed into believing Demetrius wants to kill her and the rest of her group by someone she's known and trusted her whole life. She doesn't know what to believe anymore.
I loved a lot of the secondary characters, especially Mel, Eliana's best friend. I loved Mel's sense of humour and how she believed in both Eliana and Demetrius.
I really enjoyed the couple's journey and the new developments in the series. I laughed at times and at other times I will admit to getting a little teary eyed. I'm hoping that they'll still be a part of the next book and that perhaps Mel will have a big part to play as I really liked her character!
A great book and series! I highly recommend it

5.0 out of 5 stars Raptures Edge, 19 Sep 2013
Very exciting books, holds me so I cannot put them down, and cannot wait for the next book to arrive

5.0 out of 5 stars "Night Prowler" series book 3, 9 May 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
"Rapture's Edge" is set 3 years after the final events in book 2 "Edge of Oblivion". Demetrius, a shape shifting (Ikati) warrior has spent this time searching for his missing princess Eliana; a woman he deeply loves. She though hates him with a passion, believing him responsible for the murder of her father. No longer the na´ve young woman she once was, Eliana is now a master thief; using her powerful abilities to swipe famous pieces of art. Yet when she is caught and her picture appears on the news, Demetrius is determined to reach her before The Hunt executes her for her father's crimes.

There is plenty of action and passion as Demetrius risks his own life to protect Eliana, even if she does want to kill him. As she slowly learns to trust D again she also risks losing her heart once again to the man she believes killed her father, but D is unable to reveal the truth to her. Eliana is an impressive heroine, with a range of supernatural abilities and some kick-ass fighting skills. The Ikati women that appear in this book; although traditionally viewed as weak and certainly of less importance than a male, prove this is not the case. Jenna (the heroine I found so disappointing in book 1 "Shadow's Edge") only has a brief appearance, but it is significant and she finally proves a force to be reckoned with.

I loved the banter between Eliana and her best friend Mel; some of the latter's comments certainly raised a smile. There are some deeply heart-breaking moments in the plot and some situations that you think the leading couple can't possibly overcome. This is definitely my favourite book so far in a fantasy romance series that continues to get better and better.

5.0 out of 5 stars great !, 7 Jun 2014
A fabulous read with entertaining characters and a storyline that makes you want to keep reading. Can't wait to download the next one.

5.0 out of 5 stars you just have to love the ikati, 27 Feb 2014
gadget girl "wifi" (sussex) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
a really good series, the shape shifting black panthers are back and this third book doesnt dissapoint you . a good old fashioned love story with a modern twist and lots of danger and dramas . hide ? be safe but if you are hiding have you not created your own guilded prison? . a community in the throws of changes in their society and imminent dangers and racial tensions

5.0 out of 5 stars Great new author, 17 Feb 2014
My review of the first of the series says it all - but again I loved this book and the rest of the series so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars book review, 30 Jan 2014
L. A. Glover - See all my reviews
read all series. all books in series very enjoyable read. look forward to more. interesting read, would recommend to friends and family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 14 Jan 2014
P. North (U.K) - See all my reviews
I couldn't put this book down. This book is part of the night prowler series. I read shadows edge, the first book and got hooked. The books are engaging, describe places in our world so we can relate to the surroundings but introduce the concept of shape shifters. For me these are all a series should be. Captivating and immersive. If you like a paranormal romance you should like these.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›