5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
A cracking read, standing head and shoulders above a lot of the dross that masquerades as crime fiction....crying out to be made into a movie!
Published 19 months ago by DANNYLESIUK

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read
Published 1 month ago by Reader of Wimbledon

4.0 out of 5 stars The Principle of Evil, 3 Jan. 2014
Ragnar - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Principle of Evil (DCI Claire Winters series Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Since this is a crime thriller I cannot be specific about the plot. Suffice it to say that DCI Claire Winters and her team find themselves on the trail of a serial killer.

There are two main areas of interest. Starting with the more difficult one first, an author can decide how far to go in letting the reader know what motivates a killer, but if she doesn't go far enough we are left feeling short-changed. We want to know WHY the killer is bumping people off. This is not a problem in The Principle of Evil, where Walsh gives us quite a full understanding of how the killer has come to be the person he is. Which does not need to mean that we have a sneaking sympathy for him.

The second area of interest lies in tension within the Claire Winters team. This results from the arrival of a new detective sergeant, Elias Crest, who shows considerable hostility to his new boss. Why is that? Why was he transferred from his previous post? The tension between the two is well described, especially in dialogue, but not fully explained. By the end of the book it is not clear where this is going. When DCI Winters is in serious danger, Crest shows signs of concern but we don't know what, if anything, will come of it. Perhaps we will only find out in the sequel to this title.

The Principle of Evil is skilfully constructed, well written and engrossing. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Oct. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome read, 20 May 2014
I've read this book in a day and the previous one try yesterday. Cannot recommend this enough. My only criticism would be that the word smirk is used far too much. Solid characters and Winters is a strong believable leader.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent crime novel, 7 May 2014
Maggie A (Kent England) - See all my reviews
I've now read both the books in this series and can't wait for the next one. The characters are interesting and the tension builds in a believe alb way. I'm not giving away the story, but if you like this genre, you will love these books. A note to the author: the use of the words smirk/ smirked are overdone and start to grate.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, 4 May 2014
Ms. C. Simpson "Cazhappy" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is the first book I have read of T.M.E Walsh's books.a really great read with a brilliant plot and great characterisation.a very absorbing and gripping book.I couldn't put the book down.I highly recommend it and I will definitely be reading more of this author's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 April 2014
Thank you for this. It was a book that captured me from the first chapter. I stumbled across you whilst looking for a new author and will be looking for your next book.
I have now read both of your books and have spoken of you to friends who enjoy similar books.
Many thanks. When is your next book likely to be out?

Anne

4.0 out of 5 stars another good read, 1 Mar. 2014
This is the second book I have read by this author, it is better than the first. The characters are growing on me, although I suspect I will never really like Claire, but Iam looking fowrd to the next book very much.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting story, well-written., 31 Dec. 2013
The characters are rounded, with the heroine growing in depth throughout the story. Great plot, cracking pace. Enjoyed it very much. Looking forward to the next novel in the series.

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 13 April 2015
Having read the first Claire Winters novel - very long & with some over complicated aspects, although the story was good & some characters had potential - I decided to give the second book a read. I am glad that I did as it's an enjoyable read - another rather convoluted plot, but faster paced & more focused. Some characters had greater depth, although the story line didn't need the confrontational Elias & the diversion he provided rather detracted from the book as a whole. Claire Winters has great potential as a character - although it would be good to have a little more of her background & her acquistion of her "fine" house at her age on a police salary & with a divorce behind her. I did like Iris, Claire's Mum!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great reading, 6 May 2015
I love my crime thrillers and read daily. I'm pretty hard to please so four stars is highly rated (on my scale). Still not quite sure if I love or hate the main character dci winters, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I very much enjoyed the style of writing, no big love story(which I hate in a thriller), no airy fairy pointless scene settings or irrelevant dialogue. But enough to keep you guessing, turn the pages and squirm. All in all very good definitely will be reading the next in the series!