5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars
brilliant, love the album, great for getting motivation at the gym
Published 3 months ago by Katty

1.0 out of 5 stars NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MISPRESSED
The Now That's What I Call Music franchise is 30 years old, some editions are better than others and some aren't worth mentioning at all.

This latest edition Now That's What I Call 80s Dance promised to capture the best dance records that appeared from 1983-89 with some that never made it to those classic originals.

Some tracks have been edited and...
Published 12 months ago by KM WHITEHOUSE

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MISPRESSED, 15 Oct 2013
KM WHITEHOUSE (ENGLAND) - See all my reviews

Some tracks have been edited and overlap into other tracks, something I am not too keen on but as I was enjoying the nostalgia I ignored it. My enjoyment stopped when I was listening to disc 3, track 6 Word Up by Cameo. At around 1min 55 it starts again. As a sound engineer I know that someone messed up trying to edit the track.

I returned my CD to the shop where I purchased it from to be given a replacement, that too, and the replacement after that have the same fault.

I have contacted the Now Music website, Universal & Sony about the issue asking if I can send the disc back for a replacement. My response was that they are not aware of such an error even though there is.

Just thought I would make you aware of the situation.

1.0 out of 5 stars Mastering errors, 18 Oct 2013
Was really looking forward to this, had it on pre-order.
Track4 Disc 1 - M/A/R/R/S - Pump Up The Volume - not the same version that was in the charts back in the 80's
Track 6 Disc 3 - Cameo - Word Up - song starts from the beginning again at 1:54.
Track 11 Disc 3 - Alexander O'Neal - Criticize - Alexanders vocals are missing from the track.
The auto rip version has the same issues.
Sent original back and had a replacement sent (took less than 24hrs, well done Amazon).
Replacement has identical issues - sending that back to for a refund.
Please note this is an issue with Sony's mastering of the album and not anything to do with Amazon.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL 80S DANCE, 8 Nov 2013
I was about to hunt out the receipt to take this item back to Tesco, as I believe it was faulty - it was only reading the reviews by other Amazon customers that I have found out that this CD is littered with mastering faults. The big one is on the track WORD UP by CAMEO which restarts 1.50 into the track - the end of the track is missing as it simply goes into the next track - IOU by FREEEZ, half-way through the track. What were the compilers thinking about when they put such a shoddily produced CD on the market with so many faults. This has be the worse Now Album on the market - it's a shame actually as it contains a lot of decent tracks - some of which haven't made their appearance on CD since they were in the charts in the 1980s. Also they should have decided on do we have 7 inch versions of the tracks or do we have all 12 inch tracks and fewer on the CD - not attempt to do a mixture of the both - some of the tracks have been very clumsily edited together such as JACK YOUR BODY where the last few seconds of the track is missing. To put this album on the market NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALL MUSIC has some-what damaged their reputation as leaders in the compilation CD market. I have spent a fortune on their compilations over the last twenty-four years and this far the worse one out of the lot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
brilliant, love the album, great for getting motivation at the gym

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 16 Jun 2014
Bought this for my mum as a bit of a joke about her age! Turns out the joke was on me because I like the songs as much as her.

5.0 out of 5 stars Now 80's dance, 27 Feb 2014
DWoody "Dame" (Kent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Fantastic selection of 80's club anthems CD's 1 and 2 are fantastic esp the sounds of Black Box, Yazz and early house anthem from Steve 'Slik' Hurley which always reminds me of the snow storms of January 87 in kent, CD 3 not quite as good as the other 2 discs but not a bad selection of hits, sadly they didn't quite make it to 20 tracks on CD3. There is a fault on Cameo's Word up as it is very badly edited which probably is why this compilation has 59 tracks instead of 60, other than that great music probably the best of the Now Special collections and owner of some early Nows including my favourite 'Now 5' which also uses the balls used on the NOW Logo. A must have for people like me who grew up in the Acid house era.

5.0 out of 5 stars good cd, 24 Jan 2014
Bought this for my husband who loves the eighties music he loved it keeps him happy while in the car.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel good music, 21 Jan 2014
Great collection of the best feel good music. Can't sit still while listening to this. Will make any boring job such as housework fly by!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this for my mum for Christmas and needless to say she loved it !
Wrapped and packaged well was NO damage was in mint conduction like was bought from a shop.
Mixed variety of classic songs!

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80's dance CD, 24 Dec 2013
This CD is great for parties etc the tracks follow on from one another(no long gaps between tracks)There is however slightly different versions which is expected on dance CD's. One thing what is good the cover design pays homage to the original NOW "circle" designs from Now 3 to 17 & been the proud owner of all the original NOW's this is a good all rounder for any NOW fan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›