5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the car
Published 11 months ago by MR J DICKENS

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great
Bought 2 of these. Neither stays in the socket in either my Audi A4 or VW Touran. The slightly tapered design seems to be the problem. Also the cover around the USB socket has come off of one. One of the cables works with both our iPhone 5s's but the other causes the phone to give the incompatible accessory message.
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the car, 20 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Veetop® Dual USB High Speed (MFI Certified) Car Charger UPGRADE 3.4Amp 15.5W - 2.4A & 1.0A, Smart charging for all iPhones (5S, 5C, 5, 4S, 3GS, 3G),iPad Air, iPad Mini, Apple iOS7, iPod,iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy S5/S4/S3/Note 2/3, Nexus, Sony, Nokia, HTC, LG, Motorora,Huawei, Lenovo, ZTE, GPS,Smartphones & Tablets (Black/Silver) (Electronics)
Small but useful - its a must have for the car - powers both Apple and Samsung products easily - I like the fact it is so unobtrusive, some chargers are bulky and stick out awkwardly - this doesn't plus it packs a punch, so if you want fast, powerful charging in car then this is a must have - it might cost a fraction more than "other" chargers, but it's worth it...

4.0 out of 5 stars High Speed Charging, Reliable Amperage Steadiness, Car Port Fit Depends on Desired Removal Ease vs. Secure Tightness, 9 Dec. 2014
Decently consistent charge although I did have some amperage fluxes, but never wildly oscillating. I am one to value steady power feeds, even over speed charging if comes down choosing between the two, yet this car charger does offer both with a relatively high amperage versus amperage stability. The higher rated port at 2.4A is marked "Tablets", yet that is actually in general terms used for the far more hungry, hungry hippo iOS tablets, such as the iPads and such. You can use either with the lower demanding devices, such as the 20,000mAh battery I tested.

TEST CONTEXT - HIGH SPEED CHARGING
Just to give additional context, the battery I used as my draw test normally pulls 0.83A via a 5.0A USB Hub plugged through an AC Outlet. Off this car charger, at 0.92A, I do get an additional 0.10A, which may seem minor yet does strongly supports the "High Speed" claim.

PORT IDENTIFICATION
As for port identification, the easiest way to determine which one is rated 2.4A is indicated by the soft blue LED indicator light. The 2.4A is the one directly below it (or just next to it, depending on the orientation of the charger). They are also independently labeled - however, the numbers are too small for my eyes to see clearly without pulling the charger out of the socket. The LED light's position is quite sufficient in showing me which is which.

THE SUBJECTIVE ONE STAR HIT - DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT IN TERMS OF FIT TIGHTNESS
Fit isn't tight, yet OKAY in securing it in the charger. Some consumers will want one they can pull easily out and in of a car port while still remaining decently stable in a car port, and this does offer that.

However, and the only reason I knock the star, is that in my own view, this charger is just a tad too loose in fitting. Whenever I pulled my USB power meter out as I was testing both ports for amperage, the charger came forward a little, just enough to lose power connection (the LED light turns off). It never came all the way out, and a quick, effortless push of a finger brought it back into play, yet I guess I have to count myself as one who prefers far stronger (and thus harder removal) fittings with a car charger. Especially in a family van where things are CONSTANTLY being plugged in, pulled out, and swapped around.

-- I received this as a complimentary review product with the aim of hopefully elucidating features and drawbacks that may help you ultimately decide what fits your needs and budget best.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice product, 21 Feb. 2014
i bought this product hoping it would increase the charge to my galaxy 3s, as i am a cab driver who uses a taxi app which is power hungry, it works great and more than fullfills my power needs, nice smart design, what i also like is the unit does not get hot like most others, quick delivery turn round nice product , have recomeded it to my fellow cab drivers..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy!, 28 Mar. 2014
Love the product, works perfectly in my car to charge two iPhones at once. Well made, quality product, would reccomend using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 10 May 2014
This works well and now I know I can rely on a constant charge for all my USB supported devices while I'm in my car. I use my
iphone for satnav so having a reliable charge is essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Effective, 20 Mar. 2014
Nice little unit that is easy to insert and remove. Has two separate USB ports with different ampages for tablets and phones

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 28 Mar. 2014
M. G. Penfold (Stirling UK) - See all my reviews
If you want to use Garmin's heads up display which requires a paired smart phone then this may be the way to go with its dual high output USB charging ports. The other great point is its compact size, it is a quality well thought out piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual usb car charger, 29 Jun. 2014
Just what I wanted two usb ports to charge a combination of sat nav Tablet and phone. Seems strong and well made

5.0 out of 5 stars Great charger, 18 Nov. 2014
JB (Chudleigh, Devon) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
I've used this 2-port charger for over almost two weeks now and it has worked faultlessly. I have used it to charge an iPad3 and a smart phone (used as a GPS unit) at the same time and it has coped without any issues. The cables fit snugly into the device and it is a secure fit in the power socket. The unit has a helpful blue LED which lights up when the charger is correctly inserted.

It's a good looking device with a matt-finish aluminium ring. The plug section (that fits into the car's charger socket) is a high-gloss black injection moulded unit with no flash-marks or sharp edges. The contacts are properly spring-loaded ensuring a good contact at all times. It will operate on 12 - 18 volts and can provide a maximum output of 2.4 amps from the first USB port. The second port is rated at 1A and can therefore provide a total output of 3.4 Amps.

The port rated at 2.4 Amps is for higher-charge capacity units such as Apple devices; the charger has MFi certification (Made for iPhone/iPod/iPad) ... excellent; and the 1 amp port is for pretty well everything else.

I particularly like the fact that this is a socket without cables. I have a bag of dedicated car chargers ranging from the old large and small single pin Nokia connectors, even older multipin chargers and of course two sizes of mini and micro USB connector and lastly Apple connectors. Charging cables fit snugly into the unit and any movement on the cable doesn't affect the USB connection at all (unlike some brands).

With this socket, if I've got the correct separate cable I can charge the device; I won't be buying a dedicated charger ever again and with this Veetop car charger I know it'll be future proof if another connector standard appears. It also saves space in the glove compartment!

As well as the MFi certification, this charger has over heat, current and charge protection and meets United States and European standards as well as meeting standards for use of hazardous chemicals; what more could one want?

This product was sent to me for review purposes and after using it for around two weeks I'd say it's a very useful addition for any driver needing to charge electronic devices. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what i needed from a csr usb charger., 6 Sept. 2014
Mr. Sebastian Cotton (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Did a lot of looking around before buying this one car ish charger. It's fair to say that I made the right choice. The main advantages of this one over other similar products (and the reasons that led me to buy it) are:

- relative small, thin face plate section which does not stick out too much. This means it is less conspicuous (my friend thought it was part of the car!) and it means that any usb cables are not sticking out too far and interfering with the gear stick when driving.
- dual charging ports so me and my better half can both charge phones at the same time. I use mine for the maps and navigation which drains it quickly. My girlfriend is just constantly on her phone and so would complain if I just bought a single usb charger.
- pretty fast charging of both phones and tablets. Note: I have not tried to charge a tablet yet however apparently it is possible using the 2.0Amp port. Note 2: It is not as quick as charging your phone at home so if you have a short journey, don't expect your phone to gain a huge amount of battery life. I think over 2 hours when I was using my phone for maps, I gained around 40-50% charge. This is good considering how much the navigation mode drains the phone.
- looks good and seems to be built well with a little blue light which turns on when plugged in. Note: this light is fairly bright and stays on even when the engine is off so I always take the charger out after I have finished with it. I'm a bit paranoid that leaving it in for a couple of days may drain the battery (although this is purely a guess).

So that is my two cents. I would definitely recommend this to other people.