Published 5 months ago by Tinfoot

3.0 out of 5 stars The lower powered socket seems fairly useless as any phone I've plugged in tells me it ...
The lower powered socket seems fairly useless as any phone I've plugged in tells me it is charging too slow
Published 2 months ago by Simon

4.0 out of 5 stars High Speed Charging, Reliable Amperage Steadiness, Car Port Fit Depends on Desired Removal Ease vs. Secure Tightness, 9 Dec. 2014
Tinfoot (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Veetop Dual USB port Car Charger (3.4A /15.5W)Designed for Apple and Android Devices 每black/silver (Electronics)
Decently consistent charge although I did have some amperage fluxes, but never wildly oscillating. I am one to value steady power feeds, even over speed charging if comes down choosing between the two, yet this car charger does offer both with a relatively high amperage versus amperage stability. The higher rated port at 2.4A is marked "Tablets", yet that is actually in general terms used for the far more hungry, hungry hippo iOS tablets, such as the iPads and such. You can use either with the lower demanding devices, such as the 20,000mAh battery I tested.

TEST CONTEXT - HIGH SPEED CHARGING
Just to give additional context, the battery I used as my draw test normally pulls 0.83A via a 5.0A USB Hub plugged through an AC Outlet. Off this car charger, at 0.92A, I do get an additional 0.10A, which may seem minor yet does strongly supports the "High Speed" claim.

PORT IDENTIFICATION
As for port identification, the easiest way to determine which one is rated 2.4A is indicated by the soft blue LED indicator light. The 2.4A is the one directly below it (or just next to it, depending on the orientation of the charger). They are also independently labeled - however, the numbers are too small for my eyes to see clearly without pulling the charger out of the socket. The LED light's position is quite sufficient in showing me which is which.

THE SUBJECTIVE ONE STAR HIT - DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT IN TERMS OF FIT TIGHTNESS
Fit isn't tight, yet OKAY in securing it in the charger. Some consumers will want one they can pull easily out and in of a car port while still remaining decently stable in a car port, and this does offer that.

However, and the only reason I knock the star, is that in my own view, this charger is just a tad too loose in fitting. Whenever I pulled my USB power meter out as I was testing both ports for amperage, the charger came forward a little, just enough to lose power connection (the LED light turns off). It never came all the way out, and a quick, effortless push of a finger brought it back into play, yet I guess I have to count myself as one who prefers far stronger (and thus harder removal) fittings with a car charger. Especially in a family van where things are CONSTANTLY being plugged in, pulled out, and swapped around.

-- I received this as a complimentary review product with the aim of hopefully elucidating features and drawbacks that may help you ultimately decide what fits your needs and budget best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the car, 20 Mar. 2014
Small but useful - its a must have for the car - powers both Apple and Samsung products easily - I like the fact it is so unobtrusive, some chargers are bulky and stick out awkwardly - this doesn't plus it packs a punch, so if you want fast, powerful charging in car then this is a must have - it might cost a fraction more than "other" chargers, but it's worth it...

5.0 out of 5 stars nice product, 21 Feb. 2014
i bought this product hoping it would increase the charge to my galaxy 3s, as i am a cab driver who uses a taxi app which is power hungry, it works great and more than fullfills my power needs, nice smart design, what i also like is the unit does not get hot like most others, quick delivery turn round nice product , have recomeded it to my fellow cab drivers..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very handy!, 28 Mar. 2014
Love the product, works perfectly in my car to charge two iPhones at once. Well made, quality product, would reccomend using.

5.0 out of 5 stars Veetop-of-the-class!, 19 April 2015
If you're asking Why should I pay for this when I can get one much cheaper, well yes you can if all you want is a lump of cheap plastic to fill the hole in your dash. I bought 5 or 6 cheap ones before I finally learnt the lesson that it's just false economy. None of them delivered the power needed to keep my phone alive whilst navigating - pretty crucial - never mind charging it up at the same time. One stuck out so far I couldn't change gear. One kept falling out. One even pinged apart and lost all its internals when I first opened the package!

I finally went for this one because of the spec and reviews. It arrived very quickly, in quality minimum-waste packing, and before I even plugged it in I was already impressed by the robust feel of it. It goes in easily but holds very securely with the reassurance of some strong and precision construction. Tip: I don't know if all lighter/charger sockets are the same, but I eased off the outer ring first so that the charger sits a little more flush with the console. With its low profile anyway, it is quite discreet and unobtrusive.

It was when I came to use it that I was most pleasantly surprised. It charges really quickly, whether that's my Galaxy S5 smartphone or 10in tablet. And it doesn't falter under load either - I've had my mobile navigating, with satellite images on, AND being a power-hungry hotspot for the kids' tablets AND still charging the battery at a respectable rate. And that was using the "lower power" 1 amp slot! You can't ask for more than that. I've heard of some chargers overheating and/or cutting out, but no such problem with this one, it keeps delivering for hours on end and barely gets warm.

Having the 2 USB slots is really useful, as you'd expect, but more so because the bottom one is twice the rating. This gives you a phenomenal charging rate on phones - ideal for that emergency top up, even on a short journey - and is well suited to the larger capacity tablets.

I guess any balanced review should point out the negatives, and this was all I could come up with: I really hate it when these things are labelled for "iPhones" and "iPads" as I'm not a shiny Apple drone. It will of course work just as well with other mobiles, in fact with ANY USB-chargeable device.

It's been about a year since I bought that one and it has never let me down. Having recently discovered a second socket in the back of the car I never knew we had, I just bought another Veetop charger. I believe they have upgraded them too because this has a slightly higher output. Now the kids can enjoy films and games for long journeys without the fear of that dreaded low battery beep that signals the start of much whining.

Worth the price? Yes, most definitely.
Recommended? Yes, without hesitation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 10 May 2014
This works well and now I know I can rely on a constant charge for all my USB supported devices while I'm in my car. I use my
iphone for satnav so having a reliable charge is essential.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but Effective, 20 Mar. 2014
Nice little unit that is easy to insert and remove. Has two separate USB ports with different ampages for tablets and phones

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 28 Mar. 2014
M. G. Penfold (Stirling UK) - See all my reviews
If you want to use Garmin's heads up display which requires a paired smart phone then this may be the way to go with its dual high output USB charging ports. The other great point is its compact size, it is a quality well thought out piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dual usb car charger, 29 Jun. 2014
Just what I wanted two usb ports to charge a combination of sat nav Tablet and phone. Seems strong and well made

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little USB charger, 2 April 2015
Great little USB charger. Fits in my socket very firmly - in fact it is quite tight and takes some pulling to remove, so it doesn't wobble about and the connection is solid. I leave it in all the time. I bought this one as it has two different Amp outputs. I wanted the 1 Amp output for my mobile phone as it has a 2000Mah battery and should be charged at around 1-1.5 amps max. The other output of 2.4 Amp is used for my tablet or a reserve in case the phone needs a short quick boost.

The charger only gets slightly warm in use and the Blue indicator LED is not too bright to distract when driving at night. Very happy with this.