Colour Name: Snow White|Change
Price:£23.24 - £52.67

on 10 December 2015
After getting these speakers set up, I was really quite impressed, so here are the pros and cons

PROS
Great bass for the price
Great sound quality
Cheap
Cable management
Slick design
Volume control
Input and output port
Compact

CONS
???
Nothing I guess!

The bass on these really isn't too bad for the price, and the volume goes quite high! There are other options of speakers that have sub-woofers at the same price, but for these you really don't need a sub-woofer as the bass is quite adequate. It is really enjoyable to listen to music, videos, games and everything. Also the input+output ports make it quite unique, as you can plug your headphones in whenever you chose to, without going through the tedious process of unplugging and replugging when you are done.

Also the design would match almost anything, it is so simplistic yet different, again, it would go with anything as you can see in the images attached.

And lastly, the reason I bought these was because of the brand name , I have owned two of their mice, and I would only have one if I hadn't lost the other, the build quality is extremely reliable, and I wouldnt be surprised if they lasted 5 years!

Overall, if you are on a budget, definitely make sure you get these! You will not be disappointed
review image review image review image review image
on 30 September 2014
I bought these the other day to replace a set of Creative i-Trigue 2000 stereo speakers which I also bought from Amazon back in the vintage year of 2006. They had developed a fault whereby the left speaker would stop output unless you fiddled with the switches and buttons; most annoying.

Anyway, I got these Z200s this morning. My first impression was one of surprise as they are quite a lot bigger than I expected. In fact my exact thinking when unboxing them was expletive mahoosive. Considering that these are marketed as ideal companion speakers for a laptop I get the feeling that they'd somewhat dwarf said equipment. I'm using them with a desktop system, so they just share the space behind my monitor.

Nonetheless they're a cinch to set up. Mains powered you therefore need a free plug socket for a low-voltage style adapter plug. The speaker units themselves appear and feel to be of quite a good build quality. Whilst the plastic looks like it might be soft touch, it sadly isn't but then at this price that's probably asking too much. One thing I don't like is that the audio cable that plugs into your PC or laptop is all black, very thin and extremely weedy looking and is a bit incongruous compared to the perceived quality of the speakers themselves.

As for sound, which is arguably one of the most important aspects of speakers, the sound is I'd say middling in quality. Sounds and music come through decidedly richly and avoid the tinniness associated with this kind of product. At the same time though there isn't much in the way of bass and the little tone adjustment wheel really has little effect on the sound that these things produce. Additionally, the action of altering the tone doesn't seem to smoothly ramp with your scrolling but rather harshly switches to different tonal modes - this could be an issue with my set but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it because I usually set that how I like and leave it for the rest of forever.

In summary these are decent speakers for the price and you'll likely be satisfied by them, providing you don't expect anything eargasmic.
on 8 February 2014
These speakers sound remarkably good when occasionally listening to music on my laptop. Great little speakers for the money. Well pleased.
on 15 August 2014
These logitech Z200's are a very stylish pair of pc speakers. I bought them to go alongside my macbook and external monitor they easily flanked them with the minimum 1.4m cable which separates the left and right speaker. The speakers when left powered on on my desk are completely silent, they do not suffer from the common cheap speaker problem of constantly emitting either a high of low frequency buzz.the power and input cables are also sufficiently long.
Sound Quality :
movies - Excellent, pleasant bass (no sub - don't expect it to shake your foundations) and good vocal performance means these are ideal for movie and tv show audio.

Music : Good-Great, the music from these speaker won't surpass a dedicated Hi-Fi but it isn't disappointing, the bass can be adjusted to suit your taste but it will never satisfy those who want to be blown away without a sub woofer. Female vocals are impressive but with a little lacking in the middle some male vocalists can sound a little dim. Treble is also satisfying but for £28 it doesn't bring that smile to your face that can be experienced when you hear things you didn't know were there on your favourite record or album from a really good set of speakers/headphones.

As PC Speakers on a budget these are the best I've heard for under £50 and are more pleasing aesthetically in person than in pictures. I can easily recommend these to someone looking for Good sound and style on a budget.
on 19 January 2016
These are a great little speaker. I bought them to use with a dj mixer I purchased for my grandson. They are a good compact size and can be easily moved . Being able to plug them in to two devices at the same time was ideal for my grandsons use as he switches from I pad to mixer without having to unplug devices. The integrated bass control makes adjusting the bass up and down easy . The sound is very rich and crisp much better than I expected considering the price. The built in stand makes them sit better than just sitting the flat on the floor, they look good and sound good. The build quality is good and they look like they cost more than they did. At full volume there is little distortion of sound and it really pumps the sound out I know this to my cost as my grandson thinks he has to use his mixer and speakers as if he's in Ibiza .
If you want a good pair of reasonable priced speakers that give good sound quality at both ends of the scale with a good bass these will fit the bill. Ideal for tv I pad computer etc I can highly reccomend them.
on 26 February 2016
When powered up these speakers have a clear audible hum / buzz when the volume is half or higher. This continues even when they’re not plugged into a sound source so I suspect it’s power feedback. It’s pretty annoying.

I own other sets of Logitech Speakers none of which have this issue. I even swapped out these speakers with existing ones and the hum persisted so it’s definitely the speakers and not the setup.

I returned them and Amazon were superfast with a replacement but the problem persisted.

As it goes, the sound is quite good and they work perfectly fine with my Samsung TV but I have to turn them right down when the TV is off.
on 7 September 2015
I bought these to replace some Harman/Kardon speakers I received bundled with a Dell PC I purchased in about 1999 (yes, that's not a typo, they've being going strong for over 15 years). The only reason I'm getting rid of the HK units is to free up some space (they come with a huge sub-woofer) and get something a little more stylish for a recently revamped home-office space.

The Logitech units are bigger than I expected but are neat and look very sleek. The 2 speakers are connected together and a cable from the right speaker, connects to the audi-out port on your PC/laptop; an included power supply also connects to the same speaker.

They're perfectly up for the job of playing desktop audio (Windows sounds, movies, YouTube, etc.) and even do a good job playing back from my iTunes library. That said, the volume level isn't particularly high...I need to turn the volume control up to about 40% in order to match the 10% level of my old HKs.

I purchased these at just shy of £20, but now see they're now selling for £27.99...I'd think twice about buying them at this price but for £20, they're excellent.
on 22 February 2016
I wouldn't describe myself as an 'audiophile' but equally do appreciate a decent sound. I wanted to replace an old 2.1 system for my computer with just a two speaker setup as I use a decent set of Audio Technica's with a FiiO DAC the rest of the time. Having connected these up, I would simply describe them as 'ok for the price'. To me they sounded quite tinny and the tone dial seemed to do precious little (could have been faulty I suppose).

After using them for a week I decided that they really weren't what I wanted as I found the sound performance quite lacking. They are loud enough, but just don't seem to have any life in the sound they make. Amazon returns are excellent as always, so I've sent them back and will have to try something else.

In short, I guess you get what you pay for.....
on 10 August 2014
Good quality, as you would expect from Logitech.

I know that pages will be (have been) written as to their sound quality output. All I will say is, that for the size, they have a surprisingly nice sound - they even manage a little of the bass - a reasonably loud output and no, they will not be suitable to run a disco but I have used them to do a presentation in a conference room at a push, quite suscessfully.
on 15 August 2015
As my Hi-Fi of 27 years finally died before moving house I realised to my horror that I'd have to venture into the dodgy world of buying something that amplifies sounds outside of a closed ear canal. Do I take recommendations from alleged 'audiophiles' who's taste in 'music' consists of a repetitious, thumping 'UMPH! UMPH! UMPH! UMPH!" or do I take a wild stab in the dark?

After realising that I knew nothing sound-wise beyond earbuds for the last 27 years, and that recommendations on Amazon are a hit-and-miss affair (sometimes rating the delivery system and/or packaging instead of the product), I decided to go with an unsteady prod in the dim light to the popular Logitech brand and I was not let down.

The sound quality is actually a lot better than I expected; full, rich, and warm! The only let downs are that they sound mono even though they are stereo - sound seems centre-panned with only blatant stereo effects being noticeable.

Other than that, no complaints at all - I'm a happy idiot today (",)