5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting 20th Century Music, 24 Aug. 2002
Eight years on and I am still listening to this CD in complete fascination. Gong is a highly imaginative piece of music, and the rest of the music on this CD is varied and challenging with a wide variety of colours and styles. I can't imagine a better recording or more committed performance than this CD. An interesting composer that I would recommend lovers of 20th century music to have a listen to. Munt1

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of life, colour and variation, 12 Nov. 2000
By A Customer
When I first heard "Gong" played on the radio I made careful note of the composer and title (no mean feat whilst driving).
The title piece is dedicated to the memory of Olivier Messian and its rhythm and life do justice to such a dedication. It has its own peculiar style and is full of life and enjoyable.
The other pieces are a little more bleak. Tundra is a very sparse piece. Symphony is well worth a listen, with black images and an "English bell ringing" sound. I particularly liked Thus saw Saint John with its black look at the biblical book of Revelation.
The only drawback: my family insist I wear headphones when listening to this album. This is a small price to pay and the CD is well worth buying.