5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible download speed! Simple activation!
Some people have been saying it's hard to set up so they must not be opening the web browser at all once they put the sim in because that's all you have to do. Here are the simple instructions to follow...

1. Put the sim card into your device.

2. Connect to the network.
(I don't know how this works on other devices but on a Windows tablet like...
Published 7 months ago by lukeja

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent download speeds make the card irritating to use
I'm using this card in an iPad Mini, in a city. Previously I've used 3G data cards from 3 (Three) and they've given me a consistent download speed of around 5-7mbps and I'm using this EE card in the same places (where I'm also using a 3G data service from O2 in my iPhone, that also gives similar speeds).

Sadly, this EE 4G card has been very disappointing...
Published 10 months ago by six5four

2.0 out of 5 stars Inconsistent download speeds make the card irritating to use, 9 Oct 2013

Sadly, this EE 4G card has been very disappointing. Sometimes I get download speeds of close to 40 or 50mbps but, more often than not, the download speeds have been very much lower, often around 1-2mbps and, on several occasions, as low as 0.25mbps. And its not the signal - even when the downloads are very slow, the upload speeds are often (but not always) up around 5-10mbps (and the O2 3G service on my iPhone has continued to deliver a consistent 5-7mbps in the same locations).

So, my problem with the card and service is the lack of consistency of the download speed - really irritating when you're looking something up over the internet, let alone downloading something.

Will I buy this card again? No - I'd much rather have 3G running at a consistently reasonable speed than a very inconsistent 4G with occasional high speed. Perhaps in a year or so, when 4G competition has hotted up and the 4G infrastructure has improved, I might try again....

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible download speed! Simple activation!, 24 Jan 2014

1. Put the sim card into your device.

2. Connect to the network.
(I don't know how this works on other devices but on a Windows tablet like my Nokia Lumina 2520 then you swipe in from the right and tap settings, connections (network signal icon), tap EE under mobile broadband and tap connect)

3. Open your web browser. Navigate to any website and you will be redirected to the EE activation page.

4. Follow the very quick and easy instructions to activate and voilà you have 6GB of incredibly fast 4G for 90 days.

I was able to download an entire film in just 6 minutes I was amazed at how fast it is in my 4G tablet! I will definitely be buying again as this costs a LOT more direct from EE. Best tablet ever now has the best mobile broadband to go with it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware - unfit for purpose, 29 Nov 2013
You need to register to use the data (unlike the Three cards) - unfortunately EE is 'broken'. Tried to register three times, no success (have been using the web for 20 years, so not a problem I normally have). Result, no access, no data and EE are impossible to deal with.

Lesson learnt!

29/11Update: I persevered and finally did manage to register the card, but unnecessarily painful for no apparent reason. It now works in the iPad 3 (3g only). Back to Three next quarter - faster data and easier to use

3/12 Further update: after working for a few minutes, giving access to the EE website and confirmation of registration last week, I went to use this today and it is again requesting I register and providing no access to internet. Not fit for purpose.

No external content used so requesting refund.

4/12 Final update:
Contacted seller (Eternal Communications) Very impressed, They responded within a couple of hours and suggested I update the APN on the iPad: Settings > Mobile > data settings
APN: everwhere. Username: eesecure Password: secure Authentication: none

There was no mention of APN settings in the info that came with the card from EE. This seems to have enabled me to connect reliably, although the EE service appears very slow (coverage map indicates good service here).

Eternal Communications have gone beyond my expectations and issued a refund. Respect to them - it will be invested in another Three SIM card, unquestionably from them.

The irony is that this SIM was bought as an experiment to see if EE was OK to transfer all our business phones over. I tried calling EE and was cut off twice from their sales team. They did not get back to me. 'Nuff said really..?

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant despite intial setup problem., 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: EE 4G 6GB Pay As You Go Mobile Broadband Nano SIM (Accessory)
Ok so some people have had a bad experience in setting up this SIM, me too to start with but then all became clear.

1. Disabled WiFi on iPad and powered off device, Inserted Sim Card.

2. Signed in to iPad and could see that I had a EE 4G signal, launched Safari and waited. . . and waited. . . and waited for activation page to appear, nothing happened page timed out, tried several times same result. feeling frustrated I closed Safari.

3. Launched chrome instantly got onto the activation page, completed details and Sim is now activated and working like a dream.

Maybe the problems others have experienced are similar to mine, Safari just could not get to the activation page, one reason why Chrome worked is because chrome has 'flash' built into the browser, one things for sure, if I hadn't had Chrome I would have thought there was something wrong with the SIM card and got all huffy, not the case, hope this proves helpful to others.

6GB of data for a period of 90 days has to be a bargain, especially if you can get the card for 15.99.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works fine and saves 10, 29 Nov 2013
I had no issues with the card on my new iPad Mini. Plugged it in, waited a minute for it to connect, then go to ee.co.uk/getstarted (you must type this address into safari, no auto redirect from other sites) to register the card.

5.0 out of 5 stars cheap access to 4g payg, 13 Oct 2013
I have an Alcatel Y700 payg 4g modem, the usual charge for 3 month 6 gig top up is 29 if you top up the SIM card that comes with the modem, but I have found out it is cheaper to just buy a new payg SIM card every 3 mths, I usually pay 19 from prepaymania, but the special offer price of 12 was a bargain. Good service and speedy delivery.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cannot get to activate in my iPad mini, 16 April 2014
A. Shirley (England) - See all my reviews
Followed the instructions but it just will not load up an activation page even though there is a 3G signal....

5.0 out of 5 stars Works better than expected, 7 Jun 2014
The area I am in only has 3G coverage, but unlike my other "3" dongle, it always connects even with a poor signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4G Whoosh! Here we go!, 31 July 2013
Mr. N. Ibrahim (London UK) - See all my reviews
I have an iPad Mini Cellular (which can run on 4G/LTE) I had previously been using a '3' simcard which runs on HSDPA-DC which is pretty fast, but when this arrived and i put it in, i was amazed as to how much faster it was! I was getting download speeds of 59Mbps!!

I live in london and we get 4G here but it also switches to 3G if i am not in a 4G area and to be fair EE support HSDPA-DC so when on 3G it is also fairly quick.... but once you have a taste of 4G/LTE... there is no going back!

if you register on [...] then it will tell you how much of the data you have used and how much you have left.

Hope this helps someone

5.0 out of 5 stars EE 4 & 3G sim, 21 Mar 2014
C. S. Kay (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This is the second EE sim (3 sim’s seem to be over priced at the moment)I’ve bought and both work flawlessly.
The first one I bought I use myself in a 4G Mifi device although the past few weeks it’s been in my 4G phone and in both it works fine.

The second one my daughters uses in a 3G only Mifi device and this to has been no trouble however of course you won’t get 4G speeds. By the way 4G speeds in my good coverage area have been on average 29 Mb/s down and 30 Mb/s + up and for the 3G device it’s about 12 Mb/s down and 5 Mb/s up so both better than my copper wired home broadband.

Setting up is a little bit of a chore compared to 3 network sims as theirs are pre-registered whereas the EE ones have to be register but when you connect to your PC or tablet and open a web browser all will become clear and you just follow the instruction but overall nothing too taxing for the average person.