5.0 out of 5 stars A good piece of IT kit for a home office
I had initial doubts as I could not get it to print - however the supplier was very helpful and following a few calls to Brother Technical it works perfectly!

Well worth the money and a bit of a bargain as well.

Published 7 months ago by Jay Jay

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
So far, so good
Published 1 month ago by Robert Massey

5.0 out of 5 stars A good piece of IT kit for a home office, 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: Brother MFC-J6720DW A3 Colour Inkjet Wireless Multifunction All-In-One Printer (Accessory)

Well worth the money and a bit of a bargain as well.

Problems occurred as the twin paper trays are particularly sensitive to actual tray detection settings - hence why no printing. Easily resolved after speaking to Brother's Technical department.

The A3 duplex printing is particularly useful in my work role.

If you are looking for an all purpose A3/A4 MFP printer you will not go far wrong. It also scans to my computers on the network and delivers files quickly and easily, as well and inbuilt fax facilities and A3/A4 copying.

4.0 out of 5 stars Had some difficulties, but getting there., 15 Oct 2014
Emily (New Orleans) - See all my reviews
Disclaimer: This is the first printer I have ever selected, bought, and set up entirely on my own, from the box to my desk. I generally do well with technology and gadgets but do with that what you will.

The printer is assembled and basically ready to go out of the box, you just have to set it up. It comes with a power cord you plug into the wall, a telephone line cord (if you want to fax) and instruction manuals with the software on a CD. It also comes with introductory ink cartridges (I think they are slightly smaller than the regular ones) and some sample papers including heavyweight and photo paper, which I thought was nice considering how pricey that stuff is, and you can use the printer straight away.

I am running Mac OS 10.9 and when I tried to use the software on the CD it was not supported (WHY), so I tried to install drivers from the Brother website. It still didn't work and I think it may be because I haven't updated the firmware, which requires a USB cord to connect to the computer (NOT provided with the printer, which is why I couldn't do it). All the other drivers installed successfully, so that's the only reason I can think of, otherwise it should work. Like I said, this sort of software is not my area of expertise so I'm speculating. Will update if I figure out a solution. That roadblock aside, I was able to connect to wifi from the printer touchscreen and print from my computer and iPhone (via AirPrint). I also scanned to a USB drive but I think I'll have to get the software figured out before I can scan directly to my computer. The scanning options are impressive (scan to image, scan to pdf, scan and convert to text, etc.) and I like that you can scan up to A3. You can also print from USB, iPhone/iPad, or memory card. The graphic quality isn't fantastic, but I'm also used to professional grade plotters. Also supposedly there are photo-print settings that are higher quality, but I haven't figured that out yet. One of the main reasons I bought the printer was because I am constantly plotting A2 sheets for school and it got way too expensive. So I splice together two A3s (with tape on the back) and that suffices for class, and I can save my plotting money for presentations. For this reason, I needed to print full bleed and it took me a while to figure out, just because I'd never needed to before (because I was plotting). In the printer settings I had to select the option to format the paper for my specific printer, then the page size as "A3 borderless." It's a bit confusing to find and my options were different from what trusty Google showed me so I had to play around with it a bit. It makes sense because you have to set it according to which printer you're using - not all of them are enabled to do borderless printing. But it printed borderless quite nicely with no noticeable distortion. My borderless print also seems to be much higher quality/better saturation so maybe that is the key to better prints?

The printer itself seems well made, at least compared to my previous printers, and is reasonably sized considering its capabilities. I could carry the box up to my flat myself and I am a 5'1" female. I put it on my desk but it takes up about half of my work surface so I may find a small table to put it on...think about where you have space for it, desktop may not be the best solution. The power cord isn't impressively long so you will need a plug under or near whichever surface you choose to keep it on, or an extension cable. Also, as far as I can tell the only way to load A3 paper is to extend the paper trays so that they protrude out of the front of the printer. I'm sure that's better than increasing the overall size of the machine, but it's not ideal. Take into consideration that if you're going to have A3 loaded all the time like I do, you will need an extra six inches or so in the front.

Sorry for the long review, but these are things I wish I had known. Overall the printer seems like a great value and can do a lot for a home office/workspace. Seems well made, Brother offers a lot of online support (which hopefully will solve my unresolved issues soon) and does what it says it would. Read the manual and invest some time into figuring out all your options because it really has a lot of different features and options. My only complaints are the lack of graphic quality (to be determined - might improve) and my difficulties in setting up the software drivers. Overall I would recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer, 17 May 2014
Cant fault this printer at all. Worked straight out of the box. Just take five mins to read instructions. Prints great photos, documents just fly out of it. Really good on ink. Wi-Fi works great no problems with that at all.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good printer for Home, 10 July 2014
Just as described and delivered prompty, good printer and simoke setup ( I have not tried airprint yet)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent in terms of ink economy and the way the ..., 5 Aug 2014
Excellent in terms of ink economy and the way the software works. a good quality product but I have been unable to get anything other than rather faded indistinct images within documents. Direct printing of photographs is acceptable.

5.0 out of 5 stars FAST delivery AND good quality product, 13 Jan 2014
FAST delivery AND good quality product. Low cost to maintain (ink change)
double paper tray and wi-fi is plus

Could be more accurate printed paper allining tray

4.0 out of 5 stars had some issues with the wifi and it is a ..., 6 Aug 2014
had some issues with the wifi and it is a bit slow printing but generally does at it says it should

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 19 Oct 2014