5.0 out of 5 stars Great, although a few things missing
This is a great laptop, it was incredibly easy to set-up and although I am not a big fan of Windows 8 the excellent touch screen means that Windows feels very fluid.

Published 11 months ago by Freddie

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic after sales service and lower stability
I bought this item from amazon in Jan '14. Things were great.. The laptop was really fast... However come April '14 (3 month into purchase) and the laptop will not boot... Kept saying OS not found.

As it was under warranty, sent the laptop to Medion. Medion handles Lenovo services.. I was promised 10 day ... The actual repair took 1 month,,,,

When i...
Published 8 months ago by Shobhit Gupta

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, although a few things missing, 31 Dec 2013
This review is from: Lenovo Flex 15 15.6-inch Touchscreen Laptop - Black/Silver (Intel Core i5 4200U 1.6GHz Processor, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD,, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 Home Premium) (Personal Computers)

Lenovo have also done a good job of making the Laptop look good whilst keeping the price and weight low. The laptop's keyboard is surrounded in a nice brushed metal affair which coupled with "ice cool palm technology" means that the laptop feels cool and pleasant to work on. The rest of the laptop is covered in a matt rubberised plastic which although is a bit cheap feels quite premium.

On the manufactures description suggests it has a nice 720p webcam, however with image blown up to the size of the 15inch screen the picture is very disappointing, it is granularly and very pixelated. Despite this however it is still ok for a reasonable skype call.

Battery life is very much ok. Despite manufactures claims it lasted about 3 hours (still very respectable gathering it only has a very small and light 2500mahour battery)

Performance is where this laptop is very good. Its excellent energy efficient Intel Haswell (4th gen) Core i5 means the laptop is very speedy to boot and never really lags. I plan to fit it with a solid state hard drive and fit 8gb ram to it and I will update when I have done that.

Overall I am very happy

UPDATE---

Upon using this laptop for managing word documents I have found the battery life is more like 5 hours or so which I am pleased with :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Pathetic after sales service and lower stability, 12 April 2014

When i received my laptop, the screen was cracked... When i sent it , the screen was in perfect working condition.... I called up customer care and not sure what is going on .. I am still fighting with medion and lenevo ..

I will not recommend this product to any because of pathetic customer services,points made above and lower stability ....

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought two & both were faulty - very poor service, 20 Aug 2014
macca (Brighton, England) - See all my reviews
Laptop gave me a blue screen after four days & a message saying "Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media...." etc. Also the keyboard was crap...kept repeating various letters & not typing a few unless I hit the key again. Returned it to Ebuyer who offered me a refund or a replacement. I wanted the laptop so I took a replacement. Pretty much the same things happened with the replacement after about three weeks; same message + keyboard faulty. Ebuyer said I should return it to Lenovo for repair as it would be quicker than sending it to them, which I did. Lenovo said it probably needed a new hard drive. Medion in Germany handle their repairs & about five days after I returned it I got a message from them saying they'd repair it in 10 - 15 working days max, but hopefully less. After 20 working days I'd heard nothing, emailed them & heard nothing, so called Lenovo & they said there were no spare parts for the laptop & they would return it to me & I should return it to Ebuyer. How come Lenovo didn't know from the start that there were no spare hard drives?? After five or six days nothing had arrived so I called Lenovo again & they said no-one had sent the laptop back & they would escalate the problem. It eventually arrived & I sent it back to Ebuyer who reluctantly agreed to refund me because of all the hassle. One thing - when I took a replacement from Ebuyer I assumed I would get 14 or 28 days or whatever in which I could claim a refund it it went faulty - not so, according to Ebuyer...they said the time period started from when I got the first laptop, not the replacement. If that's true, that's crap service! Anyway...I was without my laptop for about 8 weeks, which is a real pain as I need it for work. Also haven't received the refund from Ebuyer yet, eight days after it was approved. Won't be buying a Lenovo again. Ebuyer have been pretty good but buying online does seem to make life harder if things go wrong, whereas buying them from a shop you can talk to people face to face.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best laptop ive ever had, 29 Dec 2013
Really pleased with my Lenovo purchase, im not a massive tec head but I wayed up the options and there is so many laptops on the market where do I start, for me I wanted a 15" screen with touchscreen which was hard to find under £500 then I found this one.
Very slimline, compact, looks great, screen has great quality , keyboard is a pleasure to use, intergrated camara with a hd quality, 3 usb ports, hdmi, headphone port. First time I used windows 8 and love it,so easy to navigate. I don't download so the memory is perfect for me. Ifyou want something lightweight easy to useand looks great then for the price its perfect.

One downside is it has NO cd drive.

Really pleased, Adam from Plymouth

5.0 out of 5 stars Love the touch screen, 8 Feb 2014
It's great, so user friendly. As a technophobe, even I can find my way on this laptop.The touch screen makes it so easy to move from one item to another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greattttttt, 20 Jun 2014
I love the laptop... although i didn't get the orange laptop I ordered... the only downside is it doesn't have a DVD drive but i thought i can buy an external drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, 19 Jan 2014
Very impressive, the design is clever, as a laptop it works brilliantly as you would expect but it's the FLEX mode that sets the device apart. Allowing slick, viewing, browsing, etc without having to keep readjusting a tablet cover/stand as the hinges are rigid and strong. Great value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value moderate spec laptop, 17 Sep 2014
Simon Sabin (England) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my wife and its ok. The Lenovo camera face detection is a bit iffy as it seems to recognise my son as my wife.
The performance of it isn't great but its not really a high spec machine.
The screen is a great size and being able to flip it over is great. The kids love using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice laptop with everything I need, and the flip function is useful, 6 Mar 2014
At the time I purchased this, Lenovo were offering £50 cashback, so this made the already reasonable Amazon offer even more tempting. Not the highest spec laptop available, but for the price this is an excellent machine!

3.0 out of 5 stars 15. 6-inch Touchscreen OK CPU OK MEMORY OK HD ..., 30 Oct 2014
15.6-inch Touchscreen OK