2,311 Reviews
 (1,919)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, quality, value and service
Published on 16 Dec. 2010 by S Price

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Duronic' by name, not exactly durable by nature...
Let me firstly start by confirming what's good about this Cat 6a Ethernet cable:

Published 6 months ago by NewPeterfacts

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, quality, value and service, 16 Dec. 2010
Great quality, great value and great customer service (the seller went above and beyond to source me a 20 metre cable not showing on Amazon as presently available). Connectors look and feel solid, with a reassuringly positive 'click' upon insertion. Standards info' printed down the cabling. Useful anti-snag shield a bonus! I'd thoroughly recommend this cabling and company to a friend or relative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bargain :D, 21 Oct. 2010
Lewis Bowron (Durham, England) - See all my reviews
Cable came well packaged, and for the price is an absolute bargain. The cable is made from what appears to be fairly thick but flexible plastic, much better than a belkin cable I have of a similar length. No complaints, would recommend to anyone who was hunting for an ethernet cable that would reach around their room or to link a computer to a router/switch in a separate room :D

Update (04/04/2015):

Four and a half years later and the cable is still as good as the day I purchased it. The current cable offered is now CAT6a compared to the CAT5e cable that I purchased, but if their construction methods are the same then my original viewpoint stands, for what you get it is a bargain. Of course you can get ethernet cables of the same length, and possibly still CAT6a, but I highly doubt that they will be of the same build quality as this one. I've had mine running outdoors for around a year and a half, and the rain/snow/sun have had no effect at all upon the outer. It has also withstood being repeatedly pinched in doorways without the outer ripping, something common with cheaper cables. I'm also pleased to say that the small rubber covers have protected the retaining clips, another problem I've had when being careless with cheaper/bundled cables. Genuinely an excellent value product!

3.0 out of 5 stars 'Duronic' by name, not exactly durable by nature..., 17 Nov. 2014

The white exterior casing itself looks and feels substantial (the smaller data wires inside it are wound and shielded by foil*), and it's obviously resilient enough to resist any tendency to kink. There's also absolutely nothing wrong with the connectors at either end of the cable: they are also shielded, and they are as robust as you will find on any comparable RJ45 networking cable. So far, so good...

The problem (at least, it was a problem for for me) comes from what I refer to as 'the latches' - those garishly crimson pieces of plastic, which project from the underside of the connectors and are intended to lock the cable firmly in its port(s). Basically, the plastic being used here is just too brittle - and there's too little of it! If you intend to attach the cable once and leave it in its place, all should be well; but if - like me - you intend to frequently connect/disconnect it from your laptop, then forget it! The plastic 'latch' under one of my connectors snapped within a few weeks of purchase, which then left the cable too loose in its port to be of any further use. Clearly, the term 'premium quality' doesn't quite extend to those parts of the cable!

So beware. It's generally an acceptable cable, all things considered; but in some areas, it's quite obviously built down to a price and may therefore disappoint you in the end!

*(When the cable succumbed and was no longer of use to me, I subjected it to an 'autopsy'!)

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, quality product, 17 Nov. 2010
This is a quality product at a low price, the price nearly put me off as too cheap. I have my xbox connected via this lead and the transfer rate is spot on. It's at full length so that's 45 feet and no loss of signal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Duronic 2m Ethernet cable, 30 Aug. 2011
These cables have amazing tranfer rate speed, downloading pictures or videos from Youtube. This is like an upgrade from the normal cat 5E ordinary cable. Good product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill product, 29 Oct. 2010
When my last cable became unusable i looked through quite a few products.I liked the spec & value for money for this cable & i'm glad i chose this one.It's been dependable from day one,i would recommend this product to any one who is looking for a great value for money product.Duronic 3m Professional Gold Headed Network Cable - Black - High Speed Premium Quality Cat5e / Patch / Ethernet / Modem / Router / LAN

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality cable... but this is CAT6A not CAT6 as advertised... so be aware if you want to resize., 5 April 2014
This is a CAT6A cable NOT CAT6 as advertised. Please see the labelled imaged I have attached to this item in the image gallery for 15m Black version from the drop down menu.

I bought 15m of this cable with the intention to cut it in half and use it for two purposes.

I ordered a few RJ45 plugs but wrongly ordered CAT 6, because that is what this cable was advertised as on Amazon.

The first thing I did when I received it was to cut it to the right length for my need.

However, when I tried to terminate the cable with an RJ45 CAT6 plugs, they wouldn't fit. I then noticed that this cable was actually CAT6A and not CAT6 as advertised. And surely enough, this was confirmed with the printed text on the cable itself and also on the bag it came in. It was a nightmare trying to force the CAT6 plugs onto this CAT6A cable. They simply would not fit.

The cable is an F/FTP (shielded foiled twisted pair) where the 4 pairs are foiled and then an outer foil is placed around all of them too.

Anyway, I wasn't able to test the performance of the cable yet as I needed the correct plugs to terminate the resized cable.

So, new buyers please be aware that this is a CAT6A cable so if you are planning to resize it, make sure you order RJ45 CAT6A plugs and not CAT6 plugs.

EDIT: Amazon customer service was excellent. They offered me a refund for the cable and the wrong plugs I had ordered due to the cable being advertised as CAT6.

CAT6A is actually better and faster rates than CAT6. However, it should have been advertised correctly in case someone needs to resize and attach correct CAT6A RJ45 plugs.

I have given it 5 stars due to excellent build quality and excellent Amazon customer service, even after the trouble I went through which was corrected by Amazon at once.

MZ.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, 13 Jan. 2013
Mr. S. A. Brown "yentilsale1" (Kilmarnock, Scotland) - See all my reviews
These cables are genuinely quite well made and do the job - I've ordered a couple of them in the past. The only reason I've knocked a star off is that the delivery price is a bit excessive (£2.99). You can send an ethernet cable for an awful lot cheaper than £3 standard delivery. Obviously rather than listing it for say, £6.50 and charging a reasonable delivery price, they've made it seem artificially cheaper by knocking the listing price down and adding an extra pound or so on to the delivery cost.

This minor annoyance aside it's still worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cable, 3 Nov. 2010
L. D. Nisbet "Liam D C Nisbet" (Edinburgh, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent cable for the money. Looks and feels quality and has done me very well so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars network cable, 29 Dec. 2010
Amazon Customer (Nottingham United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just what i wanted as i wasn't sure about spending a lot more on homeplugs. This cable is thicker than other network cables and will be ideal for routing it around the house.