II

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good AOR album!
Despite some other reviews that I have read, the second album from swedish band Houston, in my opinion, is in the same level of the debut. My favourites tracks are Glory, I'm Coming Home, Talk To Me and 24 Hours.
Published 14 months ago by Herzel Fernand Fernandes

2.0 out of 5 stars Houston....we don't have ignition.
Not as good as their last self titled album. Too many fillers for me, with Coming home and Losing being the only two decent tracks. After the excitement of their first CD, i was eagerly looking forward to this new album, and well - have been left well and truly disappointed. Need to do better next time.
Published 13 months ago by BShaw

2.0 out of 5 stars Houston....we don't have ignition., 23 Jan. 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good AOR album!, 22 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing follow up album., 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: ii (Audio CD)
I think the previous reviewer was a little premature with the verdict of 3 stars. I had big expectations for this second original material album from Houston. The first couple of plays I must admit totally didn't light my fire. I'm comimg home was the stand out track purely because I have heard it numerous times and it is a standard catchy 80's melodic song. However, after 6 or so spins this album is proving to be everything I expected. Lavish keybords, great guitar riffs, immaculate vocals, tight percussion/bass and a quality production carried over from the "relaunch" album. The songs and hook lines stick firmly in your head once you give it them extra spins. This is 80's melodic rock with a modern sound and production. Keep them coming Houston and be proud of this follow up album. 10/10 for me. Love it!
How about a second relaunch album next?

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Swedish Group, 13 Feb. 2015
C. M. Mckenna (Not specified) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ii (Audio CD)
Just discovered this group on You Tube and they are brilliant !
I immediately bought 3 of their albums.
If you like melodic AOR this band is a must.

3.0 out of 5 stars Houston we've had a (slight) problem, 7 Sept. 2013
This review is from: ii (Audio CD)
The third release from AOR band Houston doesn't have the immediate magic of either their self titled release or covers album Relaunch which I rated 5 stars, so it only gets an initial 3 stars.

The ten track album might grow on me, and the tracks I'm Coming Home, Talk to Me and the duet Just Friends show promise. Perhaps they should have thrown in a couple of covers as they can clearly identify great AOR tracks from the past.

The album will appeal to AOR fans, who like Survivor, FM or any of the other great bands coming out of Scandinavia.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Oct. 2014