5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read
Loved this book from start to finish. Ellie and Sam are great characters and I loved the way their friendship blossomed through their weight loss journey and Ellie realised what Drake was a waste of time. The best part for me was Ellie getting the present from Sam. Would recommend to all to read it.
Published 8 months ago by Zoe Summerton

3.0 out of 5 stars Light Hearted Chick Lit
If you are looking to tax your mind with a serious piece of fiction this is not for you. However, if you want a light hearted read this book fits the bill.
The plot is predictable as are the characters and some of the scenarios are mildly amusing but I didn't find them as funny as some of the reviewers obviously have.
The one thing I found extremely irritating...
Published 22 days ago by MrsP

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Magic, 14 Oct 2013
Weight Till Christmas

As with all Ruth's books this one had me laughing right from the start. Ruth really brings her characters to life in such a way that feel that you really know them.

This incrediably sweet book keeps you hooked from begining to end in a fairytale that brings about the Magic of Christmas to your door early as you follow the ups and downs of not so confident girl who wants to be able to fit into that spaecial dress for the Christmas Party in order to make the man of her dreams notice her.

This is a brilliant book for all us girls who have been in that position never feeling that we are quite enough just as we, Ellie's slightly awkward and shyness in matters of the heart is completely different from the tactful sales person she is, so like many of us who wear two persona's. Inside Ellie is a beautiful woman just waiting to be swept off her feet but her very own Prince Charming.

I loved this book, it's as warm and real as all of her others, sharing that same quirky sense of humout that keeps me laughing all the way through each of her books. A festive novel that will make you all fuzzy inside during the cold winter nights in front of the fire. So cuddle up with your favourite pink wine or a nice mug of hot chocolate and join Ellie in her magical quest for true love.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suz, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Weight Till Christmas (Kindle Edition)
This book had me laughing from the first page! Ellie and Sam are fantastic characters but the laughter comes from the knowing how Ellie feels dieting!
We have all met the Kevin's & Lou's, but seeing the mishaps and colour days in writing makes the reader roar with laughter. The knowledge that we all do the the diets, gym and sneak the no no's before during and after Christmas sets in and the reader is pulled into thinking this year we can do it, but we are also shown, it doesn't matter what size you are as long as your true to yourself.
FANTASTIC!!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Cracker...., 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Weight Till Christmas (Kindle Edition)
This is a lovely, warm story of a girl who longs to be slim enough to fit into her dream dress in time for Christmas. At first, I wanted to slap her, just for her lack of a back bone, luckily, she became less of a doormat as the story progressed to a happy ending. I like Ruth Saberton's stories, she really brings her characters to life and puts them into positions that we can all relate to. Unrequited love can be such a pain!

5.0 out of 5 stars A little slice of Christmas magic, 11 Oct 2013
This review is from: Weight Till Christmas (Kindle Edition)
Get yourself a mince pie and a mulled wine and cosy up in front of the fire with this sweet little book. It's a Christmas fairy tale, warm, funny and inviting. This is a book you can disappear into for a few hours of Christmassy escapism, It's a book for all of us girls who are counting the pounds until the Christmas party. A cute little love story, saved from being too sickly sweet by Ruth Sabertons brilliantly comic descriptions of a slightly awkward, not overly confidant girl, whose love of mince pies and gingerbread lattes look sure to defeat her desire to fit into the dress of her dreams..... and like all good Fairy tales, there is of course a happy ending.
Loved this book, as warm and funny as her others. If you haven't read any of Ruth Sabertons novels yet I strongly recommend you give them a try.

1.0 out of 5 stars One to make your own mind up on, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Weight Till Christmas (Kindle Edition)
Firstly as a fatty myself I found this book extremely patronising and all honesty in made me feel a lot bigger and uglier than ever. The whole point to the book is apparently no matter what your size is it shouldn't matter you're still you. But then as soon as the tables are turned and Ellie loses weight she comments on someone else piling on the pounds. Really?

I'm not writing a review after being made to feel awful and not enjoying the book anyway. I do honestly feel terrible about this, but I can only be 100% honest to both author and readers.

I will award one point though and that will be for the character Sam. He is the best part out of the whole book.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 17 Nov 2013
This review is from: Weight Till Christmas (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book for two reasons; one was price the other was the favourable reviews it has received....personally I found it frothy and lightweight, I certainly wouldn't rush to read this author again. Though there are likeable characters in the novel they could have been developed further. I think there are better Christmassy novels around. The five stars most reviewers give is, in my view, extremely generous.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›