5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great One
Finished in one sitting, i just couldn't put it down. This series just gets better and better, and this one introduced numerous new characters as well as bringing back some well loved ones from the past. i cant wait to hear more from the WWB world. Roll on the next one.
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as some of her other books
Published 10 months ago by Alice S

3.0 out of 5 stars not as good as some of her other books, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: A Promise on White Wings (Wiccan-Were-Bear Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
I liked the idea behind this book more than I liked the book itself. I read R.E.Butler's books compulsively.. They're catnip at the end of the day. But I have to say her story telling skills are slipping. The main thing that bothered me with this one was the structure. Tension needs to build, waxing and waning perhaps, but nonetheless working towards a big climax or anticlimax to round up the story. Here, the main action of the story happened halfway through and then all subsequent chapters felt like they should be just an epilogue, not crucial to the story just adding detail. That there was little character development for Chance bugged me too.

For a writer who can write really very well (Linus and the Angel for example is brilliant) it's just sloppy. Ms Butler please please don't let your standards slip!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Great One, 11 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars I needed more time with this trio and their romance, 27 Oct 2013
S. Richards (Deep South) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
For the price, I thought why not try this new-to-me author out? I don't regret buying this novella, but mostly, I thought it was an okay read. Not bad at all, but it did feel a bit rushed to me. I didn't quite get a connection to either hero or to the heroine, for that matter. They all seemed likeable and sweet, and even sexy, but I didn't fall into their romance. Even as a shifter romance, which can be full-on and quick, this was almost too quick. I kind of got left behind while it took off to the ending. I think there needed to be more time spent with Danika, Jes and Chance all interacting together.

There were some things that I did like and enjoy. I liked this author's style, and I really liked her shifter lore and the world she created for these characters. One hero is a falcon-shifter and the other a white lion-shifter. Both not that usual to find in shifter romances, I think. I won't spoil what the heroine turns out to be. I don't know if I've ever read that before in a shifter romance, and I thought it was unique and interesting. What I read here was enough to pique my curiosity about the author's other works, and I would read more from her.

A Promise on White Wings has some interesting moments, and some sexy moments, too, but I think I needed more time in the story with this threesome. I wanted to feel that romance just a little more deeply. It didn't feel complete enough to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful!, 13 Oct 2013
Oh my, what a truly beautiful and engaging read. The clever use of words by the author bought the book to life and I didn't want it to end. I don't do spoilers, so you will have to read this compelling book yourself to read the magic that flows off the pages, a gold plus star for the author for that. I fell in love with our hero's and fiesty heroine, was intrigued by the brothers - they better have their own stories - and was staggered in the detail of the fight scene, it felt so real! This must truly be the best book, so far, by R. E. butler, I loved it and can't wait to see what she brings out next. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Danika, 25 April 2014
Danika was found alone when she was little and taken in by a Were-Bear Den. She knows that she is a were of some sort but does not know what she is. When her and her Bear Den go to another Den for a gathering she finds out that the king of her den is going to force her to mate with his son. She also finds her true mates. The Falcon Prince Jesuit and The White Lion Prince Chance.

When Elizabeth chose her mates over Jesuit he almost made a grave mistake but when the witches showed him his future he found that his mate will be a woman with white wings that will bring two were groups together. At a gathering at the local Bear Den he finds his Mate. The fact that he has to share her with Chance does not matter. All that matters is claiming her as their mate and keeping her safe from the one who wants to claim her from her Bear Den.

When Danika mates with Jesuit and Chance and finds out what she is will it truly unite them or will it cause trouble within both were groups?

My Opinion: This book was by far my favorite in the series. What Danika is, is very unique and something I have not heard of before. I like how the local bear den is willing to jump in and help even if it ends their alliance with the other bear den. I loved that there does not seem to be any jealousy between Jesuit and Chance and even though Chance is willing to just stay in the background and let Jesuit and Danika rule, Jesuit will not have any of it. He makes sure Chance is included in everything. Love the intimate scenes. With two men how can you not? I definitely recommend reading. Can be read as a stand alone but you will understand things better if you read the series all the way through from the beginning.

'Read and Reviewed by LSK Sweetheart Reviews'

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic read, 30 Nov 2013
Helli (Isle of Sheppey Kent) - See all my reviews
What can I say ? The Wiccan -were-bear series as a whole is fantastic and each book in the series can be read as a stand alone or part of the set. A promise on white wings is know different a great story line and some of my favourite characters make a reappearance . A fantastic read well recommended .

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best R E Butler, 14 Nov 2013
K. M. Dodge (Uk) - See all my reviews
Having read other books by same author and genre this one lacked depth and you didn't feel you knew the characters by the end of the story.

3.0 out of 5 stars A promise of white wings, 25 July 2014
I think im going to have a break from were romance ..this although different characters stil felt like most of the others..i absolutely loved the romanian wolves and the humour in those books which is lacking i felt in this

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 21 Oct 2013
R E Butler has done it again such a great story of a were Falcon and White Lion and a non shifter;
Jes is a were Falcon and Chance is a rear White Lion, are about to meet their Mate Danika. Jes was told of a woman with white wings and she would be his mate.